feeling down

blossom102

Silver Member
Hey girls
So its day 9 and had been 100% until last night,I had a tortilla filled with chicken,it was 20grams of carbs , I don't think its knocked me out of ketosis as my breath stinks as usual and I'm not hungry,even though I've got straight back on the wagon I keep thinking about it,and im so disappointed in myself,daily carbs were about 70g, also I'm on the contraceptive implant,and haven't had periods in 5 years, and yesterday I came on! And its back full force with terrible stomach cramps,heard of your cycle being messed up on this diet,but with implant didn't expect it to happen to me,lots of painkillers and water but I feel so crap, stomach is killing,feeling down about eating the tortilla wrap,and I've ran out of my fave s&s packs until Monday,so porridge and Mac cheese it is blurghh :( sorry for moaning,words of encouragement would really help right now,hope you're all well xx

Your doing great! That wrap could have spiralled into a binge but it didn't well done. Best of all your still in ketosis and back on plan!
The mac nd cheese and porridge are my fav packs so far!!
Stay strong!

Thanks hun,I guess it so easily could have turned into a binge as well,went to see twilight,which was amazing,but sitting through the film while everyone I saw had hotdogs,nachos,icecream and popcorn! So hard lol xx

remember, its only for a short while, and then you can enjoy all kinds of treats while being at your goal weight :)
in a few days time, you'll feel better and happy because you stayed on plan.

i feel you on the period thing though. ive been on the pill for 7 years and suddenly im getting signs of coming on halfway through a pack!

Ruby Shoes said:
remember, its only for a short while, and then you can enjoy all kinds of treats while being at your goal weight :)
in a few days time, you'll feel better and happy because you stayed on plan.

i feel you on the period thing though. ive been on the pill for 7 years and suddenly im getting signs of coming on halfway through a pack!

Horrible isn't it!id of thought a vlcd would maybe stop periods but not start them,and Thankyou,I've had to sit through my brother eating dominos pizza but I survived! I think because the scales haven't budged in a few days I'm a bit disheartened! Doing good so far though so fingers crossed I have many 100% days to come :) xx

Last edited:
im the same, no scale move for a couple of days, but i KNOW this diet has to work (i find it so much easier knowing there is no element of my human error, before i'd be like 'ooh, im just rubbish and this will never work!)

plus if we are having hormonal issues atm, so theres bound to be weight retention from that.

anyway, pizza tastes so much better when you can eat it while thin and able to maintain your weight. no guilt issues after :)
well done for staying strong!

Ruby Shoes said:
im the same, no scale move for a couple of days, but i KNOW this diet has to work (i find it so much easier knowing there is no element of my human error, before i'd be like 'ooh, im just rubbish and this will never work!)

plus if we are having hormonal issues atm, so theres bound to be weight retention from that.

anyway, pizza tastes so much better when you can eat it while thin and able to maintain your weight. no guilt issues after :)
well done for staying strong!

Haha,eating pizza as a skinny person does sound a lot better! How long have you been on s&s?xx

it really does, im holding out for the 21st of dec (my sisters surprise 21st bday - her friend is giving us pizza hut). going to stay on plan for the day and have one or two slices in the evening.

today is my 11th day, not found it that hard so far, touch wood!

Ruby Shoes said:
it really does, im holding out for the 21st of dec (my sisters surprise 21st bday - her friend is giving us pizza hut). going to stay on plan for the day and have one or two slices in the evening.

today is my 11th day, not found it that hard so far, touch wood!

That shouldn't do you too much damage,I'm going to try and be 100% now until xmas eve,when ill be going out with my girls so will need to eat to be able to handle the drink,and I think Christmas day ill eat what I want,I should hopefully be at goal for Christmas so my obstacle then will be trying to maintain,well done on getting to day 11,day 10 for me,can't wait until my s&s box comes tomorrow,I can't even look at the mac cheese packets so living off the porridge until tomorrow! Xx

ooh i left the mac and cheese pack till last, but i really like it!

gosh, so jealous you'l be done by xmas! im hoping for 2 stone by the 18th, week of on plan but naughty nibbling during xmas week and then back on plan 100% from january for the last 2 stone. i find motivation so much easier knowing ive got a break day coming up.

well done for the weightloss on slimming world too, i was rubbish at that!

If you've always fed a hormonal response, then it's learnt behaviour that you have no other reference for dealing with as yet - particularly if you've got an implant so you've not had it for a while - so really there is nothing to feel down about. The trick, I think (I'm still very much in the learning phase!) is to associate the "feeding" of that feeling with something other than food to ease it. I have endo, it was really bad about a year ago when I was waiting for an op to clear some cysts, I found that a hot salt water bath really helped with that pain, and so I've kept having them now rather than feeding the hormone yuckiness with food. It's just learning a new habit. It's like going to the cinema, if you're anything like me, then the association with sitting down and watching a film, is that you also eat, often mindlessly - again it's the habit. How often have you find yourself at the bottom of an enormous bucket of popcorn and barely registered that you've eaten it? I know I have many a time :) If you can start to associate some of these "eating situations" with other activities instead whilst on the plan, then I figure it's going to be much easier to enjoy them in future without needing to eat (when i say enjoy, I'm not referring to that hormone thing!)

noodles1609 said:
If you've always fed a hormonal response, then it's learnt behaviour that you have no other reference for dealing with as yet - particularly if you've got an implant so you've not had it for a while - so really there is nothing to feel down about. The trick, I think (I'm still very much in the learning phase!) is to associate the "feeding" of that feeling with something other than food to ease it. I have endo, it was really bad about a year ago when I was waiting for an op to clear some cysts, I found that a hot salt water bath really helped with that pain, and so I've kept having them now rather than feeding the hormone yuckiness with food. It's just learning a new habit. It's like going to the cinema, if you're anything like me, then the association with sitting down and watching a film, is that you also eat, often mindlessly - again it's the habit. How often have you find yourself at the bottom of an enormous bucket of popcorn and barely registered that you've eaten it? I know I have many a time :) If you can start to associate some of these "eating situations" with other activities instead whilst on the plan, then I figure it's going to be much easier to enjoy them in future without needing to eat (when i say enjoy, I'm not referring to that hormone thing!)

So I failed! 3 slices of pizza and a can of full fat coke,I could kinda feel it coming,don't feel to much regret as I now feel strong enough to carry on,and brother back at work tomorrow and I never struggle Mon-fri as I don't have to look at his junk food! So even though I've slipped up I managed 8 100% days and feel weirdly refreshed,new box will be here tomorrow too!hoping I haven't done too much damage! Xx

Back