Feeling faint...again!

slimbride

Hello all!

Thanks for all your replies to my monday post about fainting.

I had almost the same problem again today - slightly concerned and unsure whether I should ensure I have a chicken salad for lunch or something more substantial (but something that will hopefully keep me in ketosis).

I seem to feel faint and sick when i get crammed on to trains and it is all stuffy - im not sure if it is LL related but as it is the same situation every day I cannot really avoid having to do it - a girl has to get to work!

I had my blood pressure/checkup last week and everything was fine - I know that weight loss can cause sudden drops in blood pressure which can make you feel faint - does anyone know any more specific info?

xxx

Hiya Slim

I get a little faint when getting out of the bath etc and (from previous posts) when I drink too much water too quickly!!!

Just a thought, have you had TOTM lately:eek:

Hi Toots - yes i've just finished TOTM thank god.

Because this has happened twice in three days I feel quite unnerved - not a good idea to be collapsing on public transport on a regular basis.

Dont know whether i should try to have some fish/chicken and salad tomorrow?

Well as least we can rule that one out then.;)

Have you called your LLC? may be worth discussing it with her? Can you try having a double shake in the morning then a bar just befor you leave to get on the train. This will give you double calories and may make a difference, just a suggestion as I am no expert by any means!! It would be great for you to find a solution without eating something as this may lead to eating more and more and before you know it it is harder to get back to it....

just a thought hun...

To be honest I dont really want to eat anything, but I'm sure i need more calories in the morning. I generally save my packs foor later in the day as that is my danger time - i would def snack and pick if I couldnt have evening crisps!

I would try food earlier in the morning but I get the train before 7am so I am generally incapable of eating anything before that time. I will try a pack tomorrow - I could always make it up tonight as biscuits or something to save time.

I jusst hate the fact that the trains are so hot and crowded with no seats - then you have to battle round london on the tube!

To be honest I dont really want to eat anything, but I'm sure i need more calories in the morning. I generally save my packs foor later in the day as that is my danger time - i would def snack and pick if I couldnt have evening crisps!

I would try food earlier in the morning but I get the train before 7am so I am generally incapable of eating anything before that time. I will try a pack tomorrow - I could always make it up tonight as biscuits or something to save time.

I jusst hate the fact that the trains are so hot and crowded with no seats - then you have to battle round london on the tube!
sounds to me like you really do need a pack in the morning. Could you not just shove a hot choc or caramel and coffe in a flask and drink it on the train, or even have a bar whilst on train....hope this helps...

Think you are right toots - will try that in future

Did a bit of research on fainting and came up with the following:

It is caused by a sudden drop in blood pressure. Standing very still for a period of time in a hot and stuffy atmosphere makes blood pool around your legs and therefore the blood pressure drops meaning that you pass out in order that you lie down flat and blood can return to your brain. Apparently blood sugar does have an impact on it, but only if the other circumstances are already present.

I think the only cure for it seems to be making sure that you don't stand still - when you move your feet more everything starts working again so will have to try that If I ever feel unwell again. Getting a seat on the train will probably help too!

hope it works for you hun, let me know how you get on xxx

I have fainted 5 times in my life - 3 times on trains!

(other two times were illness related)

I find that if I'm in class and kneeling down next to a pupil going through something, when I stand up I usually feel lightheaded (not dizzy) and find something to lean against 'till it passes.

It has happened since doing LL, but I know that my blood pressure has reduced a lot since doing it. Even though I am half way through Management just now and eating more and more. It is probably just at Slimbride says, blood pooling in the legs (yuck). It would certainly be a diversion if I decided to faint in the classroom!

Hi Slimbride

I was fine during foundation but the last 3 or 4 weeks I have been feeling light-headed and a bit dizzy sometimes. My Bp has dropped from 124/84 to 90/50 and I'm sure that has something to do with it. I looked at the pack and each one only has 25% of you RDA for Iron so if you miss any packs there is a chance you will affect your iron stores which can also make you feel a bit dizzy and lethargic. I have also had much worse TOTM since starting so I reckon I could have done with extra iron.

I always take a coffee in a thermos mug and make a muffin for breakfast. I'm often on the move early so usually I have it in my car or on the train. A muffin on takes a couple of minutes to make and chopped into 4 is easy to eat even if you are standing up with a coffee or bottle of water.

"I always take a coffee in a thermos mug and make a muffin for breakfast. I'm often on the move early so usually I have it in my car or on the train. A muffin on takes a couple of minutes to make and chopped into 4 is easy to eat even if you are standing up with a coffee or bottle of water."

That's really good advice Cake, I gave blood a few weeks ago and they do a test with the blue water (dropping some of your blood in the test tube), to check whether iron levels are ok. Mine were, thankfully.

Lack of iron causes tiredness, pale complexion, pale lower eyelid (pull it down to check), and pale gums. The occasional lowered blood pressure is probably much more likely, I think. That, or no breakfast and a combination of stuffy railway carriage and having to stand (!).

Whatever you do don't eat, slimbride. Even eating a little fish or chicken will effect the ketosis state, you will begin to feel hungry and your glycogen levels will rise. You'll end up back at the begining again if you're not careful .And listening to others who have stopped and tried to restart the diet - it's hard.

We want you to be that 'slim bride'. Hold on in there but do have a pack first thing. It should help you get to work in one piece.

Good luck, slimbride

Chris livelifelighter

Our counsellor warned us about feeling faint last week. Apparently because LL foodpacks are low in salt, you can get low blood pressure. The counsellor said to make sure you stand up slowly and be aware of how you are feeling. Sit down if you feel like that and sip some water. (Difficult if it's happening on a crowded train when you're stainding though!)

Back