feeling lightheaded

katoof

Silver Member
I started the green SW on thursday, last night and today I have felt quite light headed and not quite right. Is this a normal response to the first week?

I have been drinking water and squask, and more than I would normally. I have been eating more often than normal as well... I have put a food diary on here.. under lisa on the food diary bit if anyone wants to check I am doing it right.

Just feeling really strange and lightheaded. Maybe its nothing to do with the diet.

Your diary looks good, but you really should be trying to eat all your healthy extras when you are doing green. Nuts are a good B choice. You don't feel stuffed after eating them because you get so few of them and they give a steady supply of energy.

Hope you feel better soon. As you say, it could be something unrelated.

thanks guys, just wanted to check, will try and fit in more healthy extras. I just feel like I am eating more than ever which worries me, first weigh in on wednesday eeek!!

Is the light headedness when you do something in particular? I am anaemic and would get dizzy every time I stood up. The iron tablets have helped with that.

Im similar to Helen, except my levels arent low enough to be called anaemic.

I went to the docs cause i was getting fed up of feeling dizzy every time i stood up, or was stood in the same spot for more than 30 seconds (made washing up fun!) and had blood tests. They noticed my folic acid levels were little low, had few tablets and it made me 99% better!

Could be withdrawl symptomes to caffine or sugar though, although i tend to get headaches rather than dizziness x

maybe i should start taking a multi vit and iron tablet just to make sure I am getting everything I need, my husband takes them anyway so easy thing to try

You shouldn't need to take vitamin tablets if your diet is healthy and balanced so I wouldn't waste my money to be honest.

I doubt your lightheadedness is due to your diet and said if it continues call your GP.

I occasionally get bouts of it due to stress which elevates my blood pressure and makes me feel dizzy

My Dr recommended I took vitamins with iron when I went to see him as I wasn't feeling great. He said that my body would be working really hard at losing the weight and its not abnormal to struggle at times. I thought that was strange as everyone tells you you will feel great for losing weight lol I take them nether the less and am still always tired etc so who knows if they help or not but don't spose they can hurt at the level I take them :confused:

In relation to Emsie's post one of my mums friends lost alot of weight on a diet (can't remember which one) over the course of a year and kept on feeling ill alot of the time. The doctor basically said that dieting puts a strain on your body and you're more likely to pick up colds etc when you're loosing weight. A bit like when you're grieving, or generally feeling run down etc. However I don't think that really relates to feeling light headed.

In relation to Emsie's post one of my mums friends lost alot of weight on a diet (can't remember which one) over the course of a year and kept on feeling ill alot of the time. The doctor basically said that dieting puts a strain on your body and you're more likely to pick up colds etc when you're loosing weight. A bit like when you're grieving, or generally feeling run down etc. However I don't think that really relates to feeling light headed.

Sorry I suppose I ran more with the vitamin part of the thread but light headedness is one of the symptoms I have?

Back