Feeling like chocolate/cake/crisps. HELP!!

krazykell

Hey guys, so I'm half way through week 2 of slimming world. I have been following everything exactly as I should and end up using most of my syns on my normal meals.

Tonight I want cake, chocolate, cookies. Anything sweet and tasty!!!
What should I do? I make mu own cakes and muffins. I'm a big cook and baker so try and find healthier recipes. I make oat and banana cookies and banana muffins with oats all to reduce the flour content and make them healthier long before slimming world.

If I make my own how do I count syns? Is there anyone with a low syn recipe for cookies or cakes???

I want sugar SOOOOOOOO much.

PLEASE HELP!!!!

this is why i always keep a box of either rocky road or chocolate hifi light bars in the house.

they squash that craving and i have them with a nice brew.

xx

I keep a stash of Green&Black mini chocolate bars (15g - from 4-6 syns dep on which) plus 20g bags of Propercorn (4 syns) - saves me when having a sweet or savoury "munchie attack".

I would try keeping your meals a bit more syn free if you want to eat cakes and chocolate. It's better to eat something naughty in a controlled fashion and get it out your system than to deny yourself and then binge.

Have you looked in the recipe section on here? There was a also thread just above or below somewhere about SW friendly sweet treats started by Lee. Maybe take a look?

I get Curly Wurlys and small bags of sweet and salted popcorn from Tesco to snack on, also I melt two squares of chocolate in a microwave and dip fruit like strawberries in to it which makes the chocolate seem to last longer .

I like frozen grapes - they taste so much sweeter frozen, last for ages and are free!

Anyone got ideas for the crisp craving I'm so scared to even have them as syns because once the demons unleashed it won't stop lol I'm thinking of roasting some thin potatoe slices an maybe trying different things over them like salt or pepper or even dry stock cube for flavour

Pom bears are 4 syns and the new pops are low, can't remember how many syns but defo no more than 5. Don't forget it's 1 syn to 20 cals so next time you're in the shop have a look around x

Hula hoops pufft are only 3.5 syns a bag and they are lovely. Really strong flavours, cheese, salted or salt and vinegar.

YOu can get some little bags in the pound shop. I can't rememeber how many syns but it's really low as our consulatnt told us about them. I keep meaning to get some :)

I think you get salt and vinegar, pickled onions and cheese flavour

Hey guys, so I'm half way through week 2 of slimming world. I have been following everything exactly as I should and end up using most of my syns on my normal meals.

Tonight I want cake, chocolate, cookies. Anything sweet and tasty!!!
What should I do? I make mu own cakes and muffins. I'm a big cook and baker so try and find healthier recipes. I make oat and banana cookies and banana muffins with oats all to reduce the flour content and make them healthier long before slimming world.

If I make my own how do I count syns? Is there anyone with a low syn recipe for cookies or cakes???

I want sugar SOOOOOOOO much.

PLEASE HELP!!!!

Hi Kel,

im the same my weakness is sugar too :) agree with others re Alpen light/hifi bars and I'll definately be trying the frozen grapes. I've been back on slimming world a week now and may sound crazy but the best thing for me when I'm craving sugar is I have cans of Pepsi max and find that if I have one it helps. Don't know if you like it but I've also got some cherry Pepsi max it's so nice and even sweeter to taste than the norm. I've had a day where I crave sugar today and would only usually have max 1 can a day as I'm trying to drink less fizz more water but figure im better to have 2 cans a day than give in and eat chocolate (fear I won't stop) i also find eating one extra strong mint for 1/2 syn is good for me.

good luck :)

I really miss cake, so I have those mini battenberg in the cupboard which I think are 5 syns (will have to double check). Also, frozen curly wurlys and break off bits through out the day!

Krazy, if you want to bake, use Stevia or some other sweetener in your baking.

Mashing fruit will cause the fruit to be converted to Syns so you need to weigh what you have before you mash it :)

Back