Feeling like giving up

elouise77

Its day 3 for me and i feel like poo, not sure if i really want to put myself through this for the next 4 months or so.

I never want to see another powdered shake or soup for the rest of my life, and at the minute i think i'd rather eat nothing that have that.

Bleurghhhhhhhh, i feel sick :cry:

Hold on in there if you can i felt like that on day 2 but my friend talked me out of giving up! & im glad she did coz it did get a lot easier as i got more & more use to it...i decided i could only tolerate the choc shakes, so i only have them now,but i really enjoy them now! just give it some more time & come weigh day your be glad you did....good luck i know its not easy but it will get better...trust me!!! caz xx

Don't give up yet hon, it sounds like you haven't got into ketosis yet, but in the next day or two you will, and you won't feel so bad. The hunger just magically goes :)

So hang on in there........ you've got through the first couple of days, so give it a couple more, it really does work, just read through threads on here for peoples losses and experiences, and let it be an inpiration you you.

Good luck, and you really won't regret it at all come weigh in day :)

i felt ok yesterday but today its awful.

My stomach wont stop rumbling, even though i'm drinking loads of water

Hi Elouise im on day 5 now and dont feel any hunger at all, the first couple of days were tough especially when u have got to sit next to somebody and they are eating but honestly once u hit ketosis u wont feel hungry, the only thing that i ever feel is that im missing out but then the thought of me piling on more weight pulls me right back in and i go make myself a shake :)

I had thoughts like u are having right now 'can i really stick through this and put myself through it?' But all you have got to think about is that its only for a few months out of your life and then you can go on to refeed

Try reading the thread named 'thought provocking' I was really struggling the other day and when i read that thread it really did make me sit down and think about what was said in it

Trust me it does get easier :) I never thought it was going to in my first few days xx GOOD LUCK xx

Hi Elouise,

I've just completed my first week on LT. I did it before, last year but then had a baby and had to stop- anyway I found it REALLY REALLY hard this week coming back to it. I felt weak,sick and dizzy and starving hungry but I kept telling myself ' I want to be slim' I took to the sofa with my blanket and water and toughed it out. Felt so proud of myself for managing and I've just been for my WI and I've lost 10lb.
The pharmacists have only been doing LT for a month and I'm the 1st person to have come back after the 1st week so I was treated like a celebrity which felt GREAT!
Once ketosis kicks in for you you WILL feel better and when you go for WI it will feel oh so worth it!

Nicola x

hang in there it gets easier next couple of days when you hit ketosis you will have an energy burst and feel bril
all the best

XX Sharron

Its so hard doing it while at work, standing there knowing i feel sick while trying to smile for the customers.

Just wish i could have a few days off and curl up on the sofa

Stick it out, it will be the best thing you've ever done. Don't think about the next 4 months, think about the rest of the day, have an early night, get up and do it all again. Repeat till the weight starts dripping off.

And it will, I swear to you. Be strong. You have eaten (and drunk) far worse things than Lipotrim shakes and soup, once you get into the swing of it they taste fine, it's just that your palate is used to rich food which is basically full of crap, which is why you're here.

You haven't given it a chance yet, get a few more days under your belt and you will feel completely different.

Zayna x

Hey, I agree.. stick it out. Im on day 5 and day 3 I seriously thought about quitting. I have just the shakes as my Pharmacist didnt give me soups and hes away until Thursday so Im just coping on them..yesterday was soo much better and today I feel good. No dizziness, no hunger, feeling peachy tbh.

Good luck hun x

You have done so well gettting to day 3 so don't give it all up now. As everyone else says just hang on in there for another day or so and you will feel great. Good luck :D

Its too late, Ive ballsed it up. I didnt eat all my soup at lunch as it was making me heave, so by dinnertime i was starving so ive eaten a bowl of porridge :(

Honestly it's not too late. Just pretend you never had the porridge and carry on as normal. It may put you ketosis back a day or so but it really will be worth it.

I find drinking loads and loads of black coffee really helps especially when you are feeling so cold. Good luck. :D

Okay you have eaten a bowl of porridge........not the end of the world,just put it behind you & keep going with the shakes YOU CAN DO THIS HUN!!! is there a shake flavour you prefer? coz if so stick to that one,i couldn't eat the soup it was disgusting,i live on the choc ones....good luck hun!!! Caz xx

HI Elouise, Like said above, just stick at it. You will feel very different in a few days time. I would split the shakes so you have 6 small ones & try them with hot water, like a hot choc, latte etc. I find hot-shakes warm you up while you go through the ketosis-shivers. Take paracetamol, lots of hot baths etc!! Good luck with the next week xx

I'm gonna try and carry on with the shakes but there is no way i can stomach anymore of the soup.

Thanks for the support everyone. x

DONT GIVE UP!!!!!!!!!!!! im having a bad day too...! and i feel like eating everything...! just get back on track and you'll be fine hun!....
i will not cheat i will not cheat i will not cheat! (sorry... note to self)

Its day 3 for me and i feel like poo, not sure if i really want to put myself through this for the next 4 months or so.

I never want to see another powdered shake or soup for the rest of my life, and at the minute i think i'd rather eat nothing that have that.

Bleurghhhhhhhh, i feel sick :cry:
kEEP WITH IT FOR THE WEEK - YOU'LL C A HELL OF A DIFFERENCE- i FELT RUBBISH DAYSS 4 AND 5 BUT AFTER THAT I WAS FULL OF ENERGY - WHEN U WEIGH IN YOU'LL BE PLEASANTLY SURPRISED AND I BET U'LL NOTICE A HUGE DIFFERENCE IN YOUR BODY STRAIGHT AWAY . GOOD LUCK U CAN DO IT I'M SURE , POST HERE WE'LL ALL SUPPORT U THROUGH THE HARD TIMES:patback::gen126:
HEL X

Back