Feeling low (again)

Take your own advice, missus!
You can be so positive and supportive of other people, your posts are inspiring- just start bigging yourself up! Change those thoughts from negative to positive and start acknowledging how fantastic you are- and look!

Just a quickie - excercise CAN affect your weight loss (not that this would stop me doing it!!) as you build muscle which is heavier than fat - see blog for explanation! You ca get body composition test at the gym - I get mine every 2 weeks at the gym from my gp referral woman, thankfully free but it gives you muscle, fat, water etc which if, like me, you had a crap week or 3, as you see the loss even if its not WEIGHT loss - its fat loss we're after after all! Huge hug! Moan away - we all have bad days!!

Kate,

I will if you will! Your posts read the same to me.
Looking forward to Thursday (not the weigh in though) and seeing everyone again to catch up.

Take care untill then

xxx

Hi In search of me

I have just read you blog, I must say I am very impressed with you alotment. It looks like a lovely retreat.

It is funny as you have said that you sat there while Leslie ate a cinnamon cake. I have done the same so many times and on only few occasions have felt sad I couldn't join in (in a big way, I would never have stopped at one before) but it does make you appreciate all the good foods that you miss such as the salads and veg, sweet potatos etc doesn't it. I can't wait to be eating these again and trying some of AmandaJaynes receipes too.

Thanks for the bit about the muscle weighing more, as you have said I could not stop exercising and do a bit of weight training each session so I think you are right. Also like you, I do retain water.

Carry on enjoying your journey xx

Thanks for that! Bizarre the foods I'm missing like tuna steak that I never loved previously!! Got my team a gorgeous chocolate cake to say thank you for all their support today & then has to listen to the "oooooo this is the best EVER" (it had large finger like bits of choc shavings sitting on top of chocolate fudge, plus gooey in the middle!!) which was fine and said my new strategy was me get thin while they get fat! It will all be worth it in the end BUT did give the rest of the cake away by the end of the day as couldnt stand watching it any more!!

Ha ha,

That cake sounds absolutely gorgeous, umm. I am impressed that you gave the rest away, I think you may have made the right decision there. At least you could call yourself a skinny cow while they all tucked in.

At least you are craving something healthy. It is odd what cravings you get. Im veggie and i have been craving fish and milk on bran flakes and cereal. I hate milk normally and don't even eat fish!!.

xx

I have been craving meat and fish, haven't really missed sweet things, although I have a really sweet tooth normally.

I've been exactly the same - I fancied a tuna steak and I've been longing for an orange!!! Oranges me?

Cath

Ha ha,

I think it is your body trying to tell you what you need, or perhaps it's your senses waking up after all of the years of torture we have put them through. I think it should be seen as a positive (although I do get the odd bad craving)

xx

I too found that I craved fresh vegatables and fruit, and fish; salmon, mackeral and tuna in particular.

Interestingly I still do prefer healthy options, which is great. I now seem to appreciate foods which are good to me, and weigh up whether to eat foods high in fat, sugar or salt. Best of all, the rest of the family seem to enjoy eating the new healthier options too, so everyone benefits.

I have noticed that I have cravings for sweet foods i.e. chocolate and jam. Because these are nothing to do with being hungry, but rather symptoms of previous destructive eating patterns wanting to re-emerge, I have been dealing with them rather than 'blanking out' and giving in to them. It happened again tonight with jam, I'm thinking of throwing the jam in the bin to solve the problem. I don't want to go back to that life.

But I'm getting off the original subject here!

Betty, I hope you're feeling better today!

Well done for not giving in to the jam AmandaJayne, it shows the willpower you have and that all the cbt has made you think about it before it is too late.

Perhaps it would be good for you to keep the jam. Then you will feel better for not having to chuck things out everytime you have a craving as you can work through the thought process which will make you stronger and make you feel good that you haven't given in whenever you see it.

Must dash as am going to me late for meeting with ll at 7pm.

Once again well done and keep njoying the healthy food, I love the receipes.

xxx

Back