Feeling low

Safia

Gold Member
Hi everyone i was so happy yesterday after losing 2 stones and achieving my first target but after catching myself in the mirror sitting down i feel so down. I still look like i am carrying a tyre around my belly which is sitting on my legs. I can see some weight has gone from my face, arms and legs but my tummy is as it is from the beginning. Its not too bad when i stand but when i sit i really look awful and it puts a dampners to my achievement so far. Sorry for having a moan but since i saw myself in the mirror it has upset me and i have no idea how long it will take for my tyre to disappear!

Your belly probably has changed you just won't notice it because you see yourself everyday, maybe take measurements and check them every few weeks

Don't feel down, your tummy will go eventually xxx try doing some Zumba, it's shifting all my back fat as well as my wobbly belly lol ;). Don't give in you're doing amazing already by losing 2 stone!!

It has changed but you can only really tell when i am standing up otherwise when i sit down it still sits on my legs the same. I am going to my mums in around 2 weeks and last time i was there a really rude lady commented on my tummy and said look where is it going! I did say to her after having 3 kids what do you expect but than she started waffling on about her niece and how her tummy when back to normal! I know i shouldnt let it get to me but it has made me so low because she has a big mouth so will always say what she thinks but god knows what the rest think.

Ignore the nasty cow!! It really annoys me when people think they can be so rude to you. Has she got a fault you can comment on? Next time she says anything just say "I will be thin one day but you'll never win medals for your tact!!" Don't let her get you down xxx

Well done on your weight loss:happy096:

For every stone you lose it takes the body another two months for the skin to shrink back and it makes sense for when you think about it that for every pound of fat has something like seven miles of tiny capillaries which include mini veins and arteries called venules and arterioles and when you lose a pound of fat these have to be reabsorbed by the body and that has to take time.

Be proud of your weight loss. My stomach will never be the same again- I have lots of loose skin on my belly, thighs and upper arms but I would rather have that than 5 stone of extra weight hanging around!

Just remember that the person making hurtful comments is probably doing so because they are jealous of your success. Either that, or they are so thick you should feel sorry for them.

She's just a bitter old lady, what hurt more was at that time when she had actually made those comments she had come to my mums house to pay respect because my dad had died 2 weeks ago. she has no life of her owns so just interfers in others. I'm just dreading going to my mums as i really dont want to some across her because i just cant say anything to her because of her age. Will just have to grin and bear it if i do see her as i will have to go to my mums as i havent seen her since my dad died in june.

Safia said:
She's just a bitter old lady, what hurt more was at that time when she had actually made those comments she had come to my mums house to pay respect because my dad had died 2 weeks ago. she has no life of her owns so just interfers in others. I'm just dreading going to my mums as i really dont want to some across her because i just cant say anything to her because of her age. Will just have to grin and bear it if i do see her as i will have to go to my mums as i havent seen her since my dad died in june.

Sod her age! I'm all for respecting the elderly but not if they've gone out of their way to be a cow.
Especially if your dad had just died too. So sorry for your loss xx Knowing she is old I would probably say something like- I'd have thought a woman of your age would have learnt to have a bit more tact! No one has the right to speak to someone else like she did without being pulled up on it and especially as it was in those circumstances. Hope you don't see her but if you do- give her what for! Xx

Having stretched skin after children is very common, and after weight loss. Her niece is obviously very lucky. It comes down to genetics. Genetically, like me, you haven't been very lucky in the skin department, just like it seems the old lady hasn't been very lucky in the brains/tact/pleasantness department!! :D What a witch. I completely understand why this might have made you feel rubbish - it would have got to me too. But, as we tell our children, when someone is nasty to you, it is because they are miserable themselves and being unkind says more about the speaker than it does about the victim.

You have done so well on your weight loss so far, and as others have said, your skin will continue to settle after you've lost weight.

she is just a miserable cow with an equally miserable life i will just ignore her if i see her (i wish i could answer her back but she is well known as the b***h of the town so will more likely come off worse). Lol my belly looks dreadful after three children god knows what it will look after more as my husband wants more children!

She sounds awful and age is no excuse for being rude. If she is rude to you again I would tell her straight how rude and upsetting she is! You are doing so well and will get to target, she will always be rude and unpleasant! Good luck on yr journey, you have lots of support and here! :)

Hey come on, your tummy will go down soon and catch up, what would you be doing if you wernt on slimming world, eating the wrong things and gaining weight instead of losing? You've lost 2 stone!! Amazing acheivement and next time you look in the mirror think of how you will look after the next 2 stone!! Keep positive :)

Agree with everything said above. There are always going to be miserable people in the world but why let her take up so much of your head space when she's a miserable old so and so. You have done so brilliantly. So what if you have a bit of saggy skin, you are much healthier than you were with the extra 2 stones. Just keep your eye on the goal.

Unfortunately people can be horrible sometimes and if its not about weight its about something else. My Grandad used to be quite brutal about my weight and then when I lost loads he then said I just needed to get my teeth done now! It can be hurtful and theres not much that can be done about these people but try and be happier about ourselves. You have dome really well and try and keep that focus to get where you really want to be and then enjoy that and sod the nasty sods!
Easier said than done I know! Think of how you'd like o deal with this person if you do see her, ignore her? challenge her? and have a stock response at the ready if it helps you x

Thank you so much everyone i do feel a lot better now and a little bit more stronger. You are so right emsie about some people and need to remember that and just ignore because she has always been horrible x

Back