Feeling Massive..?!

smidge87

Rubenesque
I'm not sure if anyone else is feeling this way this week, but I'm feeling like a hippo! Is it the heat? Am I retaining water, drinking too much or not enough??

Also when I look in the mirror I don't feel like I look any slimmer at the mo, my belly is just massive! I keep reminding myself the clothes I'm wearing are smaller but it's hard to motivate myself feeling like this! Makes me wonder why I bother with it all and don't just scoff down something I shouldn't! Especially when the OH is cooking up delicious smelling dinner while I sip a glass of water!!

:help2:

i think i'm suffering with water retention too - feel really bloated and weird. and the scales haven't moved in 4 days morning or evening. i'm thinking i might try an epsom salt bath and see if that does anything.

also in this heat it's extra hard - feel knackered cause of the heat but also this diet on top, and i'm getting fed up of constantly being hot and sweaty and wearing clothes that aren't really 90 degree appropriate due to not having any summer clothes!

i'm sure you'll feel better in a couple of days - the water can't stay in there forever haha

I've not many summer work clothes either! Sitting in the sun in black isn't exactly refreshing is it! Does Epsom bath salts help with retention then?? Not sure where you even get them..

yeah i think they're meant to be good at relieving it. i've read a couple of articles about them today and i'm intrigued to try. you can get them in boots / chemists and it said 2 cups of the salts and stay in for 20mins.

as much as i love black and winter clothes i am so looking forward to the day that i can actually wear something summery and feel comfortable.

It's most likely water retention. Looking at your stats, there's no way on earth at that weight you're huge!! :) It could be in your head also, as we often have a different image in our head to what's actually there in reality. So don't give in or give up, I bet you're looking fabulous but just can't see it for yourself!! :)

Thanks joy that's a really lovely pick me up going into a weekend :) I'm feeling a bit better today, think I must have sweat out a lot of that water in bed last night *phew* it was so hot!! I think you're probably right about me seeing how I am different, I guess losing weight so quick it's hard to remember just how big I really was!!

I'm bloated and feeling very fat today! My normally comfy jeans are really tight. Not a nice feeling :-( hope it goes soon.

You're welcome Smidge!!! Glad you're feeling better!!! Actually, I just thought of something, if you're having a fat day, why not try on your old clothes at you're starting weight?! When it falls off you it'll help sink in how slim you are now :) just a thought!!

Oh Buttons, that sucks!!! I'm sure it'll pass quickly!!!!! :)

They are huge! Mortifying really that I used to wear these. Just trying to figure out how to shrink a couple of my favourite tops so I don't have to get rid of them!!!

I've been wearing some jeans this weekend that I couldn't do up a couple week ago, now they are starting to fall down! Can't believe how fast things move on this diet :eek:

I had to go to matalan yesterday to stock up on a few cheap summer clothes. Really annoying though they didn't have the shorts I like so I am currently still wearing last years shorts. If I put anything in the pockets or walk a bit fast they just literally fall off me. So if you figure out the shrinking thing let me know buttons :)

Last edited:
Definitely share the shrinking secret if you figure it out!!!! It's a mixed bag of feelings isn't it?! You love having lost the weight and love the new clothes/falling down clothes (annoying yet awesome at the same time).... Yet, it's so hard to let go of some if your old fave clothes!!!!

I've been to primary to top up my clothes, and charity shops also! Just bought my first size 10 shirt (in anticipation), can't wait to be able to wear that size!!!

Buttons don't worry that they used to fit, the whole point of the exercise was to realise how far you've come!!!! It's awesome they seem to huge now :) well done!!!! :D

I've been wearing some jeans this weekend that I couldn't do up a couple week ago, now they are starting to fall down! Can't believe how fast things move on this diet :eek:

I know, it's amazing isn't it!!!! In the space of 2 seeks so much changes!!!! :) such a great feeling!!! Belts are my new best friend! .... Although sometimes they just don't help at all

I've been shopping for size 14's on eBay. For mostly skirts cos they don't look as baggy as trousers! Luckily I have a fair few tops still to fit in. Don't want to spend much money until I'm buying 12's!

That's how I feel, not sure I want to buy more than one new wardrobe! I'm doing race for life at the weekend and they've sent me a donation bag so I'm going to throw out all the clothes that are now too big as I keep wearing them but I know they don't flatter my new shape! Will probably only leave me with about 3 outfits to wear lol :p

I've been to Primark to update my clothes a bit but mostly I'm going through my old clothes and finding stuff inthere. I had so much fun on Saturday night trying stuff on and all but 2 outfits fitting me!! It's hard to throw out clothes, esp your faves, but maybe they can become someone elses fave and you can find a new one! :D In a MUCH better size!!!

What about charity shops Buttons for clothes? I found (and bought) my first size 10 shirt yesterday (I hope to be able to wear it in a few weeks time!) and it cost me €1! :) So you can get some great deals for clothes in charity shops :D

What's the race for life all about Smidge??

It's that 5k run for cancer research. Going with the girls from work but I'll probably walk most of it if the temperature stays like this!!

Oh cool!! That sounds fun!!!!!! Enjoy!!!
Let us know how you go :)

I miss running :( have to start again very soon! Doing a half marathon with my sister next year and want to get training.... Though I won't start training properly til I'm done here of course. The muscles need a LOT more fuel!

Back