Feeling much better hooray! :)

princess-of-power

VLCDing...again!
I was at a really low point yesterday. Mentally I was at rock bottom, crying to my mum like a whiny little beehotch about how I hate myself for being on another VLCD journey and wondering why I was bothering and maybe I was destined to always be fat.

But today, a new me! Up until about 4pm I was still feeling lethargic and bleary eyed but I just felt so much better for allowing myself to feel down. I read all the inspiring diaries and weight loss entries last and remembered how I used to be one of those success stories and I know I can get there again. Going without food for a few weeks is a small price to pay to be a healthy weight for me.

My OH and I also visited my sister in law. She's been on LT for 4 days and has really struggled, so we went to give her some support. Ive always been lucky, everytime Ive done my VLCD's Ive had my wonderful husband doing them alongside me and that made all the difference, so going to see her and keeping her spirits up really helped me to stay positive. We have similar amounts of weight to lose so we have planned a girly shopping trip together when we are at goal. We're also both planning to get pregnant once we finish the diet so that will be lovely.

What also has inspired me is my OH. He has lost 11lbs in 6 days and you can see the difference in him. He looks amazing and although he loses it much faster than I do, I know Im doing well as well and we are both getting healthy together. Im so proud of him.

So peeps, I think what I have learnt this week is to ALLOW ourselves to express our emotions, dont bottle them up. Come on here, or go and visit a sympathetic friend or family member. Cry, wipe your tears and then get back on that positive wagon. We have taken a massive step by just deciding to establish a VLCD journey, we should be very proud of ourselves!

I'm glad to hear you're feeling a lot better! :)

I think you're right - don't be scared to be a bit fed-up, just as long as you don't let it turn into a reason to go off the rails & make yourself feel much worse! I'm a great believer in a good cry when the situation calls for it ;-)

Lovely to see you so positive :)

Hannah

I really hope you can do it.! my sister is really supporting me too- she only wants to lose about half a stone so is drinking slimfast shakes in the evening but it's great to have some company for the 'dinner'! i cant wait till we are both looking and feeling great! shopping sounds good!

Hi Princess,
Know exactly what you mean - sometimes the old emotions can be up and down on this diet!
I was feeling crap at the weekend but feeling great today!
You are right about just allowing ourselves to feel what we feel, not beat ourselves up about it. Just need to live in the now.
Keep going lass!!

Thanks Yorkiegal! Felt rough today physically due to nightmare day in work hence not much chance for water but mentally great, especially when today I could fasten up the pants Ive been wearing with long tops over to hide the fact I couldnt do the top button up!!!

Cool - in some ways the clothes fitting better is just as good as what you see on the scales. Fabulous!!

Back