Feeling Positive

TRW

Hello Everyone

I'm new to this site and have just started Lipotrim. Tomorrow will be Day 3. I've tried every diet possible but have always given up after a short time. I'm determined this time for many reasons but mainly for myself which I suppose is the best reason plus for my little one as I don't want him to be teased about having a 'big' mummy! I need to lose lots of baby weight plus more. Also being a shorty doesn't help. I'm used to drinking 1 glass of water a day plus I don't drink hot drinks so all this water is a challenge but I'm really going for it. Weight has taken over my life and my relationship with food is very bad and I'm fed up of being self conscious. I look forward to meeting new people and sharing stories plus offering support.

Does anyone know if it's ok to make recipes using the shakes or for best results should I just drink them as directed?

So far I've tried the Strawberry shake which was fine and the Chicken Soup also fine. Peanut flapjack I nearly vomitted and it went straight in the bin. I made chocolate mousse but didn't like it and with every mouthful I took a large drink of water! The coconut flapjack was bearable but I'm not sure if that's because where I burnt my tongue on the soup my taste buds are all numb? Going to try a vanilla shake for breakfast. Would like to make ice-cream but not sure it's allowed?

Hope to speak soon :wave_cry:

Hi TRW!

Welcome to the LT forum! Im just a new starter really but doing ok!

You will get plently of support and good advice on here and its a good place to turn to when you want to dive in the fridge!!

Good luck and speak soon x

Hi TRW

Good luck with your weight loss:):):)

I don't know about the flavours for lipotrim as I did CD, but I didn't like many of the shakes etc. either! Never thought of scalding my mouth to numb the tastebuds though:giggle:

Drinking the water is key to good weight loss and feeling well, so make sure you keep glugging, and you'll be fine.

Welcome to minimins, look forward to sharing your success:D

Tracey
x

Hi Zachara

Congratulations on your weight loss so far. How long have you been doing LT and do you use any recipes or just have shakes?

Hi Minilady

4 stone that's fantastic I can't wait to one day hopefully celebrate that same huge success. Yep clearly the soup was far too hot however just continued drinking it - mad I know and definitely paying for it now as my tongue is definitely suffering. I'm drinking bottles of water that I keep filling up and think I've had about 7 or 8 pints and definitely go to the toilet at least twice an hour. oh the joys I'm sure friends will think I've got a water infection and work will start telling me I've got to take the time out of my lunch break. It will all be worth it :)

im new too

hi TRW and everyone!

am new to the forum too and today i had my week one weigh in. 13 pounds lost and really pleased.
i know it will slow down next week but a good incentive to keep going!
lots of you are amazing and have done so well, hope i can last the distance too i have another 3st to lose.

Hi Minilady

4 stone that's fantastic I can't wait to one day hopefully celebrate that same huge success. Yep clearly the soup was far too hot however just continued drinking it - mad I know and definitely paying for it now as my tongue is definitely suffering. I'm drinking bottles of water that I keep filling up and think I've had about 7 or 8 pints and definitely go to the toilet at least twice an hour. oh the joys I'm sure friends will think I've got a water infection and work will start telling me I've got to take the time out of my lunch break. It will all be worth it :)

Do you have much weight to lose? It took me 14 weeks to get to goal. The first couple of weeks seem to take the longest, then it seems to click into place and before you know it, you're nearly there. The diets end up being a sort of habit, and the cravings etc. get less and less.

Constantly needing a pee is probably the worst thing about the diet. I'd get my head down and consentrate on a job at work and then have to rush off to the loo!

You're right it's definately worth it:):):)

Tracey
x

Hello Lisaloo - That's a fantastic weightloss

Hello Minilady - I'd like to lose between 41/2 and 5 stone but that seems so far away so I'm given myself a goal of 1 stone at a time. Trying to imagine not eating food for 4-5 months some how seems impossible. Maybe I'll lose the majority and then try and switch to something where healthy food in moderation is allowed. We'll see but I really need to shed the weight. My little boy is 1 at the end of this month so no more excuses that it's going to come off on it's own. Although not all that weight was due to me being greedy during pregnancy!

Welcome Lisaloo and TRW.

You will certianly find that you get to like the shakes, I just hated them at first but now I really do like them! Oh and the flapjacks are much better if you blast them for 15 secs in the microwave!! I did attempt a few recipes with some of my shakes, and thy are ok, but I soon got fed up of that and just have them as they are now.

Hello Everyone

I'm new to this site and have just started Lipotrim. Tomorrow will be Day 3. I've tried every diet possible but have always given up after a short time. I'm determined this time for many reasons but mainly for myself which I suppose is the best reason plus for my little one as I don't want him to be teased about having a 'big' mummy! I need to lose lots of baby weight plus more. Also being a shorty doesn't help. I'm used to drinking 1 glass of water a day plus I don't drink hot drinks so all this water is a challenge but I'm really going for it. Weight has taken over my life and my relationship with food is very bad and I'm fed up of being self conscious. I look forward to meeting new people and sharing stories plus offering support.

Does anyone know if it's ok to make recipes using the shakes or for best results should I just drink them as directed?

So far I've tried the Strawberry shake which was fine and the Chicken Soup also fine. Peanut flapjack I nearly vomitted and it went straight in the bin. I made chocolate mousse but didn't like it and with every mouthful I took a large drink of water! The coconut flapjack was bearable but I'm not sure if that's because where I burnt my tongue on the soup my taste buds are all numb? Going to try a vanilla shake for breakfast. Would like to make ice-cream but not sure it's allowed?

Hope to speak soon :wave_cry:

Welcome...you will love this site...loads of people who have had great success at the diet and great place for advice and and a moan!
If you click on the CD site there are some ideas for making muffins etc...but like Elle I tired it once and went back to the shakes.

After a few weeks - I now have no problem with all "full" range - as you are no longer hungry it just becomes thing to do rather than worrying about how tasty it is....Best of Luck!!

hi TRW and everyone!

am new to the forum too and today i had my week one weigh in. 13 pounds lost and really pleased.
i know it will slow down next week but a good incentive to keep going!
lots of you are amazing and have done so well, hope i can last the distance too i have another 3st to lose.

Welcome to the site...great to have another LT'r on...you will love this forum..its a life saver...keep posting your results and thoughts on the diet as we love to chat here!!

Rumbling Tummy

Hello Everyone

Nice to hear from you all. Today is Day 4 and I've got a horrible taste in my mouth so I'm assuming it may be Ketosis.

At times over the last few days I've had a rumbling tummy and those have been the hardest times. I drink more water at those times and it usually goes away. There are a few times when I feel a bit weak (physically) but again I just keep drinking.

I know the weight loss will be inspiration to spur me on. Looking forward to first weigh in on Wed.

My Son's 1st party is 3 wks today and I'm hoping to have lost 1+ stone by then. I don't want to start thinking about food however I do want to make a small toast plus taste his cake on the day as he'll only be 1 once. If it was any other day it wouldn't matter and I realise it may knock me out of Ketosis but I'll be getting straight back into it.

It's really inspiring to read all the success stories and also to not look so far ahead but instead take 1 day at a time.

Hope you all have a good day, weather is rubbish.
:)

After Day4 for me the energy kicked in. Keep positive! You can do it.

Hi TRW

Ive not been adventurous to try the recipes...dont have time to be honest! But really like the vanilla and strawberry shakes, not a fan of the choc or chicken soup.

You will be spurred on by the weight loss very soon and it will start becoming easier.

Im kinda off LT tonight as out at a wedding this evening for a good friend of mine. Have had my shakes today but am going to have a few vodka and tonics tonight, wont be having any buffet tho. Will be back on LT tomorrow tho so hopefully wont take too long to get back into ketosis!

Good luck, look forwrd to hearing your progress! x

Thanks Bea - I'm going to give it everything I've got and look forward to new found energy.
Zachara - I'm in Bristol and it didn't brighten up today until late afternoon. Still managed to go shopping and buy clothes. Look forward to when I'll be buying smaller sizes.
Hope everything's going well with everyone.
Siobhan - Don't be so hard on yourself, you've got straight back into it and that's what counts. You should be fine.

Reactions: Bea
Back