Feeling really down

slinkymalinkey

Feeling fab!
I have been quite poorly since friday evening. Cut a long story short, i woke up during the night and had serious stomach pains,major diarrhoea (sorry too much info!) hot sweats and woke up on the bathroom floor. Managed to get an appointmentt at the doctors on monday and she was lovely but didn't know anything about LT but advised me to call the pharmacist. (She examined me, did blood pressure checked tummy and said all was fine,but prescribed me gastro tablets as when she examined me it was quite tender around the gastro area) I did previously call the pharmacist (saturday) but my regular pharmacist is on her hols and i spoke to another pharmacist and she told me to stop LT all together???!!! WTF,clearly knows nothing about the diet and she admitted it. After my visit to the GP i called back the pharmacist and spoke with someone who contacted LT head office and she gave me the lady's direct number and i was told to call her. I spoke with her and she was lovely told me that i have to refeed for the week until i get better and if any probs call her back. So since sunday evening i have been having one meal per day and i'm still getting the pains,3 or 4 hours after my meal and ending up on the loo :bolt:
I feel really down about the whole thing and just don't know what to do for the best. Someting is clearly not right?! By refeeding, i'm worried about undoing all my hard work over the past few weeks, but have been disciplined and only having one meal.
Any advice? Could i take something for the diarrhoea? Do you think i'm having a reaction to the shakes, i know it's three weeks in but just don't know what else it could be? Sorry for the moaning but you guys are normally great at dishing up advice.
I am really worried incase this is the end of my LT journey,i have put everything into this and really want to succeed!
X

Last edited:
Sorry to read you're not well.

Could you take an immodium maybe?

No advice. Just really want to say that I hope you're feeling better soon. :flowers:

Alex

Hun, I don't know what you can take, but call LT they will tell you if you're worried about ketosis! You have been really good with your re feed so I am sure will not have caused as much damage as you think! As I said to you earlier, go back to your GP and take good care of yourself, your health is too important to take risks with! I think you will be back on your LT journey sooner than you think!

Big hugs from me xxx

i was not well in november in the toilet department so i took immodium. hope u get well soon x

hope you feel better soon :)

I take omeprazole for what the doctor called 'a pre ulcer state' Before lipotrim, if I ate something that just didnt agree with me, I would feel the pain come on and its not good. The omeprazole fixes the acid in my stomach prevents my stomach becoming inflamed. I only take them occassionally now, when I need. Often i would get diarhhea too.

Yet another symptom of me stuffing my body with crap all these years!

Has your doctor given you these? They help with a range of stomach problems that are gastric/acid related.

I hope you feel better soon, its not nice having a dicky stomach....take care of you xx

I take omeprazole for what the doctor called 'a pre ulcer state' Before lipotrim, if I ate something that just didnt agree with me, I would feel the pain come on and its not good. The omeprazole fixes the acid in my stomach prevents my stomach becoming inflamed. I only take them occassionally now, when I need. Often i would get diarhhea too.

Yet another symptom of me stuffing my body with crap all these years!

Has your doctor given you these? They help with a range of stomach problems that are gastric/acid related.

I hope you feel better soon, its not nice having a dicky stomach....take care of you xx
Very interesting Demaris. I have been prescribed Lansoprazole? Sounds similar lol

Jus sounds like a bug hun... normally starvibg urself 24hrs drinking only boiked water does the trick then try half a shake n c how u get on... keep us posted xx

Sounds like a bug to me too Slinky, I'd agree with LovelyLauren's advice and see how you feel. I hope you feel better soon.

x

Aww hope you do feel better soon.
If you do decide to come off lipotrim due to these symptoms you are having, what about trying the cambridge diet, where there is a variety of meals you can have, or even one of the other diets on the market, celebrity slim, slimfast etc. Hopefully it will all pass soon for you.

If ya are having diarohea hunny then I wouldn't take immodium, it sounds like a tummy bug and I wouldnt have thought it was anything to do with the shakes as ya have been on them for the past three weeks. However it also could be your body telling ya that ya have changed your diet so basically let nature take its course. I noticed that ya were on Lansoprazole? I have known a few patients in the past to develop pain in the tummy area, Nausea, Diarrhoea, dizziness and blurred vision with headaches. I am not sure how long ya have been prescribed this but its always better to check with your doctor for extra reasurrance. I would say its more like a bad tummy bug than anything else so plenty of rest and fluids and ya should be better. Get well soon chick

Chances are that your system is not reacting to the diet. It is a virus or infection of some sort.

If you're worried about undoing the work that you've done in the last few weeks, don't be. Refeeding (even if done for one week) will not undo the work you've done. LT's refeeding program is also quite strict (though not as strict as the TFR period obviously) and you're not going to put on any weight if you follow their refeeding program correctly.

I checked with Lipotrim once before (they answer emails quite quickly). You can take anti-biotics while still on LT. If the pills say to be taken with food, you can take them with the shake.

Most infections of viruses will clear up in a week. So refeeding for a week sounds like good advice. You won't be putting your body under as much stress as with the TFR, but you won't be coming off the program either. After a week, you should be able to go back onto the TFR and continue the rapid weight loss.

good advice john

just get yourself better

Any news Miss Slinky?? how are you feeling?
xx

Back