Feeling Rotten!

Discussion in 'General Weight Loss Discussion' started by CuddlePaws, 2 December 2008 Social URL.

1. CuddlePaws

CuddlePaws Full Member

Start Weight:
    20st1lb
    Current Weight:
    18st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st2lb(5.69%)
    Diet:
    Calorie Counting
    I'm up by a pound this week :( I haven't had anymajor blow outs I think it's due to having started my period and I'm bloated and feel rotten as hell!! Is it normal to be heavier on the scales during this time? It's because i feel so rotten, I want to pig out on comfort food , but the more reasonable side of my brain (the part that knows how much I will regret it) has so far stopped me really going to town! So far I've had:

Brekky: 2 toasts, hot chocolate

Lunch: Cheese sarnie and low fat pkt of crisps, 1 angel delight (no sugar) and 1 pear

My sort of comfort foods without blowing my whole diet into smithereens!! I'm going for a salad tonight with a low fat lasagne meal. I hope I can get past this couple of days without ruining everything.

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. mommyB

mommyB love it

Start Weight:
    14st13lb
    Current Weight:
    14st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st6lb(2.87%)
    You are probably right that your gain is due to totm and the really hard things is that thats when the muchies can often strike, You are definatly doing to right thing by being as sensible as you can and riding it out

4. happy_feet

happy_feet Member

Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    you retain a lot of water on a period and if you are feeling bloated then this would be a cause of your extra pound. Try not to beat yourself up over it, you can lose the pound as quick as you put it on. This cold weather does not help either as it makes us feel we want to eat more....

xx

5. totty

totty Personal Trainer

Start Weight:
    14st0lb
    Current Weight:
    10st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    3st1lb(21.94%)
    Diet:
    My own
    i always instantly gain 2lb TOTM :wave_cry:

loose it again after but i feel like throwing the scales up the wall :rolleyes:

and...if you dont give me that chocolate bar i will kill ya at that particular time :giggle:

6. CuddlePaws

CuddlePaws Full Member

Start Weight:
    20st1lb
    Current Weight:
    18st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st2lb(5.69%)
    Diet:
    Calorie Counting
    Thanks for your support guys. If I don't stuff my face with chocolates then I know I've made progress and that for me is what eliminating old habits is about! I don't know what it is about chocolate but its literally the only time of the month that I could cry real tears for it!! :cry:As it is I've kept myself in check, I've had a few moments, but I'm feeling better again, and I have told myself all day that this will 'pass' and I will be much happier in the long run for being strong.

7. bluet

bluet Banned

Have you tried a non-fat chocolate milk? Or if you like some snacks and cake, you can use a low fat sugar instead. You dont have to sacrifice anything

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.