Feeling rubbish!

Koala

Hi all,
Firstly can i say what a fab forum you have here! I am a newbie to the diet but not to VLCD (did Cambridge before with good results). I am now on day 3, hunger seems to be abating, but i have a permanent headache, paracetamol does it for a bit but then it's back again. Even woke up with one this morning. I know this is a common side effect of the early days on VLCD and i know that everyone reacts differently, but as a general rule when did anyone who had headaches find they got better?
Making me feel miserable now :(
Cheers
Koala x

Hi Koala,
I am on day 3 too, cant say about the headache, but I am freezing cold :(
cant get warm no matter what i do, so I suppose we are all different.
Otherwise I am doing ok, started on the 5 january but sank miserably last weekend so restarted.
Hope you feel better soon :)

Cheers Gill, i am bloody freezing as well! Sat here fully clothed with heat on full whack and a big fleece dressing gown on! Best of luck with your restart!
Koala x

Hi

I found that the headache went on about the fourth day for me.

The coldness varies - I'm freezing today, but then it's very cold weather too!! :)

:Hi

I had a headache for most of the first week and still feeling cold ;)

Hi still having headaches started about day 2 and on and off since then (day 7 today) upping my water intake each day and painkillers when necessary.

Keep at it.

Hi, I am on day 9 now, my headache went away about day 4-5. drinking loads of water helps.. I read somewhere that its a carb withdrawal thing I think ...did feel cold but ok now, energy levels up too, boosting with walks is helping..you are right the weather being nippy now makes us colder still.. my husband works away so i put the leccy blanket on :D
Pam

I wake with a headache each morning but thankfully it goes with paracetomol and water. As for cold I have hands and feet like ice blocks since day 3 (now on day 8) and I'm shivering all day long......I'm usually the one that's hot so it's taking a bit of getting used to. I just tell myself I will be burning more fat trying to keep warm ;).

I have loads of energy now though and can't stop doing housework each evening and I feel really focused at work too!

I'm ok with the side affects so long as the weight comes off, and I'm sure the side affects will settle in time :)

Hiya, I know sometimes you feel like you can't drink anymore, but more water will help with the headaches and they should ease off.
Also I am always cold when I'm in ketosis, especially my hands and feet! I can never warm up!
Kele x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

I am on day 17, I get the odd headache every now and then. Nothing severe, a good glug of water and a couple of tabs shift it. I am absolutely FREEZING though! have been since about day 4, my OH thinks I am boogaloo wrapped up in layers and layers of clothes with the heating full blast while he is sat there in his boxers and a t-shirt with the sweat pouring off him - I am so jealous.com!! The coldness is what is annoying me most :(

Thanks all :)
Will definitely up my water and see if that helps. Back to work tomorrow after annual leave, on postnatal ward at the mo which is always baking, so at least i wont have to worry about being cold!
Thanks again for all your replies.
Koala xxxxx

Hello all,

I'm on day 3 and 100% so far (go me, LOL)!

I'm feeling really awful today, my eyes are so tired and I have a bad headache. I am also freezing, I am sitting here typing this in my giant pink dressing gown looking like a punk ewok. Hoping it gets better soon!

Hey hope you feel better soon! I had the headache from day 2 til day 5 (ish).... and I was the same, paracetamol didnt help. Just make sure you drink enough water as dehydration on top wont help! Stick with it though, I'm on day 7 today and feeling much better than even before I started! :) Good luck!

Thanks for all your replies. :)
Day 8 today, headaches gone, loads of energy, feeling good! 10lb weight loss this week which i am v pleased with :D
Onwards and upwards!
Koala x

wow, did you really lose this in the first week? xx

i am sooooo impressed, u lost this much?
xx

Hey hope you feel better soon! I had the headache from day 2 til day 5 (ish).... and I was the same, paracetamol didnt help. Just make sure you drink enough water as dehydration on top wont help! Stick with it though, I'm on day 7 today and feeling much better than even before I started! :) Good luck!

Hang in there it gets easier and the results are worth it x

Well done with the weight loss, thats great. I thought being cold was just me cause of the weather, didnt realise it was one of the side effects, being going to bed with 2 hot water bottles x

Back