Feeling sick after the meal replacement

leannon

Hi all,
I am in week 2 of ss and am struggling to eat the meals! I didn't enjoy them to begin with but I was having them because I was so hungry! The last few days I am almost forcing myself to have them and keep missing 1 a day. Once I have eaten/ drank something I feel quite sick.
Just wondered if anyone else experienced this? Thanks

Hi leannon

I'm not entirely sure, but I sometimes feel sick with the packs if I haven't drank enough water.

Hope you feel better soon.

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

leannon - if you're regularly missing one a day then you must stop the diet. You will make yourself ill.

you aren't consuming enough calories to stop your body shutting itself down.
you aren't consuming enough carbohydrate to protect brain function.
you aren't consuming enough protein to stop muscle wastage (including your heart)
you aren't consuming enough vitamins and minerals to protect other bodily functions (eg cell renewal, liver function, to prevent scurvy, rickets, damage to fertility)

You are effectively malnourishing yourself and that's incredibly dangerous.

If you've tried all the packs and bars and tetras and there's nothing you like enough (or can at least bear) to consume a total of three a day then i'm really sorry but you must stop. the risk to your health from malnutrition is significantly higher and more immediate than that of being overweight or obese.

Hi spangles, thanks for the info. I didn't think of 'needing' the nutrients to survive etc. I will make sure I consume them all from now on- I hope the sickness feeling will pass and if not then I'll probably have to look at an alternative diet. I am soooo desperate to lose the weight that if it means stomaching the meals then I will make sure I do!! I really feel like this is my last chance and don't want to mess it up! Thanks again, xLx

Back