feeling slimmer?

nettie

Gold Member
evening everyone,
hope you've all had a good day!?

i was just wondering... how much weight did you lose before you started to feel slimmer and you or others could see a difference?

2 stone! That was when people commented!

Ive put on a bit, so working my way back, but people have also noticed the weight going back on! :(

Losing two stone changed the actual shape of my body.

At the moment I'm 11 stone and people would comment if I got to 10 stone judging from past experience. That's when I'd notice real changes too.
When I was slimmer in the past it was less. I was 10 stone 4 and got to 9 stone 12 and people were commenting. So only 6 pounds, I also managed to fit in to my size 12 wedding dress which had previously been impossible to do up which suprised me for just 6 pounds!!.

Well I already felt "on the way" as i lost over 2st just cutting out crisps, Subways and Greggs!

In total it is 4.5st now but I never really felt it until work colleagues started noticing it.

Once the blokes started mentioning it, I knew than and felt great. As a bloke, I understand how my own type are not too quick on the compliments - unless they're after something:eek:

Oh no! - I 've just pictured the lads in a new light!;)

I've lost a stone and have over 10stone to lose, but people have noticed and commented but I haven't really notices anything apart from I have collar bones showing through! :eek:

I have lost just over a stone and do feel slimmer, my body shape has improved a lot but i do exercise too. Quite a few people are beginning to notice now which is nice and keeps me motivated.

I really am starting to feel great again and this is spreading to other areas of my life too...i love SW!

I have quite a bit to lose but I felt the difference in myself after about a stone. Then the odd person started noticing at about 2 stone. Then from 3 stone onwards the comments just keep coming - from family, work colleagues, friends and customers at work that don't see me very often. It has been lovely but most of them came in the last 4 weeks or so (when I was beginning to wonder why not many people had noticed) !!!

I have dropped approximately a dress size per stone - from (22-)24 to almost 16 on the bottom and 24 (-26) to 18 on the top.

It's a really great feeling so good luck and wishing you every success.

Gail x

People started noticing after about 2 stone - a drop from a dress size 18 to 14 - and got loads of compliments, especially from people who had only known me bigger. Also started noticing "glances" from men again, which I haven't had for years - I know I shouldn't care, am totally happy with my boyfriend, but it does feel nice to get the odd look! ;-)

I got down to my 2 1/2 stone award in october, but have put 7 lbs back on since then - but back on track this week, aiming for another 2 stone and a size 10-12!

Well I already felt "on the way" as i lost over 2st just cutting out crisps, Subways and Greggs!

In total it is 4.5st now but I never really felt it until work colleagues started noticing it.

Once the blokes started mentioning it, I knew than and felt great. As a bloke, I understand how my own type are not too quick on the compliments - unless they're after something:eek:

Oh no! - I 've just pictured the lads in a new light!;)

lol that made me giggle :D
well done on your weight loss too!

I've lost a stone and have over 10stone to lose, but people have noticed and commented but I haven't really notices anything apart from I have collar bones showing through! :eek:

when i first did sw i was so excited that i had collar bones! then i got pregnant and left sw and the collar bones are no more lol

I have lost just over a stone and do feel slimmer, my body shape has improved a lot but i do exercise too. Quite a few people are beginning to notice now which is nice and keeps me motivated.

I really am starting to feel great again and this is spreading to other areas of my life too...i love SW!

aww thats so lovely! i see my weight just as a number its the physical size of me that i want to see change, i am very impatient though and i want things to happen straight away... but im impatient with everything not just weight loss.

People started noticing after about 2 stone - a drop from a dress size 18 to 14 - and got loads of compliments, especially from people who had only known me bigger. Also started noticing "glances" from men again, which I haven't had for years - I know I shouldn't care, am totally happy with my boyfriend, but it does feel nice to get the odd look! ;-)

I got down to my 2 1/2 stone award in october, but have put 7 lbs back on since then - but back on track this week, aiming for another 2 stone and a size 10-12!

its always nice to get a little glance now and again! well done you :D

I have quite a bit to lose but I felt the difference in myself after about a stone. Then the odd person started noticing at about 2 stone. Then from 3 stone onwards the comments just keep coming - from family, work colleagues, friends and customers at work that don't see me very often. It has been lovely but most of them came in the last 4 weeks or so (when I was beginning to wonder why not many people had noticed) !!!

I have dropped approximately a dress size per stone - from (22-)24 to almost 16 on the bottom and 24 (-26) to 18 on the top.

It's a really great feeling so good luck and wishing you every success.

Gail x

im an 18 on top and a 20 on the bottom (need extra room for my big ol' tree trunk legs lol) i really want to get to a 12 top and bottom. my family naturally have smaller waists and larger thighs. my oldest sister is a size 6 on top and a size 12 on the bottom... again she needs room for those tree trunks lol
i cant wait until other people start noticing!

thanks for the replies everyone, i think it will be a little way to go until i start to notice and maybe a little longer until others notice. obviously i know it wont happen straight away but i think it will give me that extra bit of motivation when other people start commenting.

Back