Dismiss Notice
Welcome to MiniMins! Be sure to check out our complete listing of diets on the front page including Slimming World, Exante, Weight Watchers, Cambridge Weight Plan, Herbalife, and hundreds more.

feeling slimmer?

Discussion in 'Slimming World' started by nettie, 8 January 2011 Social URL.

1. nettie

nettie Gold Member

Diet:
    Slimming World
    evening everyone,
    hope you've all had a good day!?

i was just wondering... how much weight did you lose before you started to feel slimmer and you or others could see a difference?

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Hannahkw1

Hannahkw1 Silver Member

Start Weight:
    15st3.5lb
    Current Weight:
    12st10.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st10lb
    Lost(%):
    2st7lb(16.39%)
    Diet:
    Slimming world
    2 stone! That was when people commented!

Ive put on a bit, so working my way back, but people have also noticed the weight going back on! :(

Losing two stone changed the actual shape of my body.

4. Josiecat

Josiecat Silver Member

Start Weight:
    11st6.5lb
    Current Weight:
    11st6.5lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    SW
    At the moment I'm 11 stone and people would comment if I got to 10 stone judging from past experience. That's when I'd notice real changes too.
    When I was slimmer in the past it was less. I was 10 stone 4 and got to 9 stone 12 and people were commenting. So only 6 pounds, I also managed to fit in to my size 12 wedding dress which had previously been impossible to do up which suprised me for just 6 pounds!!.

5. Maximus

Maximus Gold Member

Start Weight:
    17st7lb
    Current Weight:
    10st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st5lb
    Lost(%):
    6st11lb(38.78%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World - The one that works!
    Well I already felt "on the way" as i lost over 2st just cutting out crisps, Subways and Greggs!

In total it is 4.5st now but I never really felt it until work colleagues started noticing it.

Once the blokes started mentioning it, I knew than and felt great. As a bloke, I understand how my own type are not too quick on the compliments - unless they're after something:eek:

Oh no! - I 've just pictured the lads in a new light!;)

6. anna_vixen

anna_vixen Gold Member

Start Weight:
    22st0.5lb
    Current Weight:
    18st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    3st9.5lb(16.69%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I've lost a stone and have over 10stone to lose, but people have noticed and commented but I haven't really notices anything apart from I have collar bones showing through! :eek:

7. chocolate_bananas

chocolate_bananas Silver Member

Start Weight:
    12st10.5lb
    Current Weight:
    10st10.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st9lb
    Lost(%):
    2st0lb(15.69%)
    Diet:
    SW
    I have lost just over a stone and do feel slimmer, my body shape has improved a lot but i do exercise too. Quite a few people are beginning to notice now which is nice and keeps me motivated.

I really am starting to feel great again and this is spreading to other areas of my life too...i love SW!

8. gl12282

gl12282 Plodding on.......

Start Weight:
    17st9lb
    Current Weight:
    14st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    3st3lb(18.22%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World Body Optimise
    I have quite a bit to lose but I felt the difference in myself after about a stone. Then the odd person started noticing at about 2 stone. Then from 3 stone onwards the comments just keep coming - from family, work colleagues, friends and customers at work that don't see me very often. It has been lovely but most of them came in the last 4 weeks or so (when I was beginning to wonder why not many people had noticed) !!!

I have dropped approximately a dress size per stone - from (22-)24 to almost 16 on the bottom and 24 (-26) to 18 on the top.

It's a really great feeling so good luck and wishing you every success.

Gail x

9. bellatrix

bellatrix Member

Start Weight:
    14st5.5lb
    Current Weight:
    12st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st5lb
    Lost(%):
    2st5.5lb(16.63%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    People started noticing after about 2 stone - a drop from a dress size 18 to 14 - and got loads of compliments, especially from people who had only known me bigger. Also started noticing "glances" from men again, which I haven't had for years - I know I shouldn't care, am totally happy with my boyfriend, but it does feel nice to get the odd look! ;-)

I got down to my 2 1/2 stone award in october, but have put 7 lbs back on since then - but back on track this week, aiming for another 2 stone and a size 10-12!

10. nettie

nettie Gold Member

Diet:
    Slimming World
    lol that made me giggle :D
    well done on your weight loss too!

11. nettie

nettie Gold Member

Diet:
    Slimming World
    when i first did sw i was so excited that i had collar bones! then i got pregnant and left sw and the collar bones are no more lol

12. nettie

nettie Gold Member

Diet:
    Slimming World
    aww thats so lovely! i see my weight just as a number its the physical size of me that i want to see change, i am very impatient though and i want things to happen straight away... but im impatient with everything not just weight loss.

13. nettie

nettie Gold Member

Diet:
    Slimming World
    its always nice to get a little glance now and again! well done you :D

14. nettie

nettie Gold Member

Diet:
    Slimming World
    im an 18 on top and a 20 on the bottom (need extra room for my big ol' tree trunk legs lol) i really want to get to a 12 top and bottom. my family naturally have smaller waists and larger thighs. my oldest sister is a size 6 on top and a size 12 on the bottom... again she needs room for those tree trunks lol
    i cant wait until other people start noticing!

15. nettie

nettie Gold Member

Diet:
    Slimming World
    thanks for the replies everyone, i think it will be a little way to go until i start to notice and maybe a little longer until others notice. obviously i know it wont happen straight away but i think it will give me that extra bit of motivation when other people start commenting.

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.