feeling so damn cold!

minime100

Started CD three weeks ago, and have lost 20 pounds so far! But gawd am I freezing or what! currently in bed with two winter duvets and bed socks! Why is this? Researched on internet scary stuff about metabolic rates slowing down have come up.........:eek: . Dont want that! Any ideas?

thinki its something to do with where were all on a vlcd your vital organs need all the fuel so parts like hands toes and nose lose out someone else may be along to explain further MINI ???

This is a sure sign that you are in ketosis, therefore burning fat, try drinking hot water to help warm you up a little, this helped me greatly. Or a weak black tea/coffee. It is worth the chill to get the weight off.
Could you be coming down with a cold, as just recently I got colder than usual and a couple of days later had a full blown cold.

Take care and keep posting for support.

I have been frozen too, even with all this lovely sunshine! T-shirts, jumpers, socks and Ugg boots to do my garden in yesterday whilst kids and OH were in t-shirts & shorts!!

And at night....socks, nightie, 13 tog duvet, blanket and slept in dressing gown too!!

I am one who never ever felt the cold!!

suffering too

Hi,

I am suffering too. I suffer from Reynauds syndrome anyway, which means I feel the cold especially in fingers and toes, but with the added CD chill. I am freezing and wrapped up in a sleeping bag typing this.

Its a symptom that the diet is working, Ive never been as cold in my life since I started this diet, but its been worth it.

Yep I'm permanently freezing, hubby and kids think they are living in a hothouse and I can't feel it. I've started keeping a throw in a cupboard under the stairs and cover myself with it when I'm particularly bad .... and wearing socks to bed just aint the most romantic thing in the world!

Cath

To be honest with Reynauds, wearing socks to bed and even gloves for a picnic is the norm. Even have to put gloves on to venture into the freezer!! In the winter, I usually wear two pairs of gloves, one lining pair and the other I got sent from Canada as they have extreme cold conditions.
Can't even put socks on one foot at the moment, as I have broken my toe!!

Any tips?

Back