Feeling so demotivated :(

Ryster

A few of you will remember me on here I'm sure, and this is my 3rd official attempt to shift the weight - which I know I need to , but I can't help myself feeling so demotivated :(

Back in the summer of 2010, I managed to drop from 14st 10lbs to 12st 5lbs, which, although was my lowest ever, still had a good bit to go before I was slim. Since then, I creeped up to 15st 10lbs, which made me so so disappointed, but I was determined to get it all lost. I'm down to 14st 13lbs now, but because I can't see any change in myself, it's getting me down etc.

I'm also really worried that if I do succeed, which I hope to god I do this time ( my weight makes me so self conscious and makes me take a step back from a lot of social gatherings etc), that I'm gonna look worse ( flab wise) as I put on so much weight :(

I know I'm moaning left right and centre in this post, but I thought posting it might help get things of my chest and make me feel a wee bit better.

I want to succeed so so much, but I'm honestly struggling :sigh:

Hi Ryster. Listen, don't be so harsh on yourself. Just accept the situation as it is now...you want to lose weight but you're really struggling. It's okay to struggle and feel really demotivated. It happens to all of us - we're all human. The important thing is that you've admitted it to yourself. Don't beat yourself up about it.

You've proved you can lose the weight...you need to think about why the weight crept back on. Be totally honest with yourself. Was it because you were on a 'diet' rather than a lifestyle change? Was it that you went through a bad patch and just found it too difficult to get back on the saddle? Just be honest with yourself and address those reasons, and this time you will lose the weight for good.

The key is persistence. Just keep going. If you have a bad day, or a bad week, then fine. Just carry on. Don't let it get you down. Of course you might feel disappointment but don't let the disappointment floor you...use it to drive you on to lose the weight.

Tomorrow is a new day. Since you're feeling really demotivated, how about just making one small change like drinking more water or having at least one healthy meal a day? Then when you've achieved that, do it the next day, and the day after and just keep it up as much as you can. Then make another small change and so on and so forth.

So to recap: Don't be so harsh on yourself. Accept what the situation is. Start afresh tomorrow. Make one small change that you know you'll be able to keep going with. But most importantly - bad days are allowed! As long as you pick yourself up and carry on. Persist!

Thanks very much for taking the time to reply :)
I'll take your advice on board, I do tend to be harsh on myself, sort of mechanism I have !

The reason it crept back on ; summer 2010 I was really active, went walks, cut down on food and calorie counted, then I went back to uni, and all that changed, no walks, food crept up, and then did again so I'm totally to blame.

I'll keep being persistant as you've advised, thank you :)

Back