Feeling the cold?

Clepottage

Am I the only one?

I've always been a 'hot person' but lately I've been freezing! More so than friends who are ususaly wingeing about being cold.

My LSH has a theory that it's my body getting used to being less insulated than normal (I think that's his polite way of saying I've lost weight). Does that sound right? Is it becasue I'm consuming less fuel each day?

Anyone the same? Any ideas?

Hi. Im at the end of my second week and im freezing too. Even been thinking of wearing gloves. I recken its cos our bodies are only getting minimal enegry so they're using it for more important stuff. And as u say we're skinnier so our bodies are getting used to that. Your not alone on the cold front though.

I have also noticed a change in body temp, but to be honest I prefer it. I am normally a very hot person and I hate it, but now Im quite happy being cooler :)

Absolutely freezing here Cleo. We spent all day in a park in the sunshine. I was wearing a vest, a knitted top, a thick cardigan and a fleece, and in the morning a fleece hat. And I was still freezing! People were looking at me as the swanned past all warm in their shorts and tee shirts.

I'm thinking it's because my metabolic rate has got so low, plus yes, 30lbs of fat must be great insulation!

I'm an airhead I didn't even connect it to the diet:eek:

I'm also normally a hot person but a freezing especially, fingers toes and nose!

Am sure things will settle down soon.
Keep Cosy

I think it's partly the loss of 'insulation', but more closely connected with the diet. I know that eating carbs INSTANTLY ups body temperature (and I'm sure I'm not the only one who in the past found themselves shedding layers when tucking into a large pizza!) so eating a low carb diet does lead to you being generally colder, as does eating so little in the way of calories. It's the body's way of preserving weight, in a way (I bet you didn't want to hear that!)

You should know this Clee - think about horses! If you rug a cold horse well up, they need less food - conversely, if you feed them less, they need more layers!

Doesn't help that the blimmin Autumn is on the way - I could see my breath on Saturday morning, and a friend in the North had frost on her car this morning!! Brrrrrrr!

You should know this Clee - think about horses! If you rug a cold horse well up, they need less food - conversely, if you feed them less, they need more layers!

Doh! Of course. Why hadn't I made the connection!

Thanks all, it's good to know I'm not the only one wrapping up warm...

Yeah same here.... heating on in the evening, toggled up more than before and cooollllddddd!!! lol

Yep same here too! I think it does say about it on the lipotrim website, it also said about how drinking a hot drink would warm you up better than adding layers - if that's any help :)

I've been bloody freezing these past few days, yesterday was absolutely roasting and I was covered in goosebumps shivering, I even hid behind my husband to get away from the (very mild lol) breeze! ;) plus it was a good excuse for a cuddle! ha ha

I've been bloody freezing these past few days, yesterday was absolutely roasting and I was covered in goosebumps shivering, I even hid behind my husband to get away from the (very mild lol) breeze! ;) plus it was a good excuse for a cuddle! ha ha

My LSH wasn't particularly helpful, I think he was enjoying getting his own back for the years of me calling him a wimp when he complains about the cold. Yesterday I was wearing a long sleeved T.shirt, a hoodie, a fleece jacket and a wind proof wax jacket whilst we walked the dogs in the sunshine - got some very strange looks indeed!

Yeah but I'm still drinking water with ice in it as I read that it helps with burning calories! Central heating on or ice cold water??? Hmm...

Back