Feeling the gain

Willtom

So, last week I was grumbling about going to weigh because I could feel the gain ! It was 1.5lbs - not a disaster :) this week I enjoyed Christmas day and then pretty much stuck to about 5-8 syns a day. I stayed the same which is fine. But I can't feel the gain now. The point is! It scared me to think I could notice it one week and then that extra weight just kind of blended in! Scary!!! How easy it would be to let it creep back on?!?! Evil pounds ;-)

Reality check for me and thought it might help convince others to continue going to weigh!
Em x

yes i am a demon for weighing myself fairly often [about 4 times a week but i haven't weighed for about 2 weeks now due to christmas and am dreading getting on the scales] for that very reason. i can't trust how i feel in terms of heavy etc

also some days i feel fatter than others

i wouldn't be advising people to weigh every day[i am just obsessed/ paranoid] as the scales go up and down due to fluid levels anyway and it can upset you when they go up or I get over excited when they go down only to get terribly upset when they go back up etc

I never weigh at home - I probably get too hung-up on weigh-in nights though - there's never reason to, but I think it is the fear of gaining that drives motivates.

Sometimes I think I should just weigh myself before leaving the house - at least it would let me know lol.

Your scales at home and the SW will very rarely give you the same result.. You might also find if you weigh yourself in all different rooms of your house, you'll get different results!!
I thought I could feel the gain over xmas, but was weighed on wed and only up 1/2lb.. no way I could feel that. So I think a lot of it was in my head.. I thought "I've eaten chocolate" = up up and up with the weight, but no, that's the magic of flexible syns :)

Oh I am off and on my scales like a fiddlers elbow through the week but my SW scales always weigh me 1lb lighter but i find it keeps me on track ... Ive been ok at Christmas .. lost 1 1/2 the week before xmas and stayed the same on the 27th so i am quite happy with that ... I just keep thinking about sitting by the side of the pool on our cruise so that spurs me on!! I dont want the lifeguards to think i am shamu and try dragging me back in the water!!!

Back