feeling unsupported and a bit short changed by cdc...

Hi all

Found this really helpful forum and felt I needed to write how I was feeling...

I have been on CD for around six weeks now - SS. I am losing weight, but it is hard-going. My CDC is the only one in my county - there is no one else. When I met her, I feel awful for saying it, but I was really disheartened. I desperately wanted motivating and inspired and the short CDC introduction on the website sounded promising, however, when I did meet her she was at least 8-9 stones overweight - not inspiring. There was - and has never been - any weigh -ins - I was told she didn't do weights. No counselling. No words of wisdom. No booklets or information. No support. I filled in a form and that was that. She discussed she really needed to get back on CD, but she uses the products as snacks as they taste nice.
The house smells and is a total mess and I really dread going there - it is at least a 60 mile 'round trip for me so costly also. The last straw was my visit the other day when I was overcharged by several pounds but didn't realise until I counted it up at home - my fault.

I feel I have no option now but to buy similar products online as I amn't getting any of the 1:1 counselling which drew me to CD initially. Any info I have got online. All that is being provided is the sachets - nothing else.

It's really, really disappointing as I have read that many others get so much advice and help from their CDCs.

Any advice or should I just cut my loses and go elsewhere?

Thanks

b.

Hi there

This sounds really poor, if I were you I'd contact Cambridge direct via their website, find out if there are any ways you can get the products direct ask if there are virtual ways of getting support from a counsellor ( I don't know if there are but worth a try) tell them about this person as they are not promoting the diet as they should. If you get no joy that way there are alternatives like silm and save on the web and at least you re not paying for the nonexistent service.

I ve always had really good support from counsellors and it is the reason why Cambridge is worth the extra you are def being short changed, good luck
Jx

Thanks skydragon - appreciate your response.

I think I will try to contact CD direct to see if they can offer any direct support and purchasing. Failing that, it will need to be S&S, like you suggested.

Feeling very disheartened about things - I left LL to join CD thinking the support would be better - more person centred as it is 1:1, however in comparison to what I am experiencing now, LL was fantastic. It's very much been 'there's your food sachets, drink loads of water and get on with it'. Aware that the majority of people on CD have great support - I think I am just unfortunate. I am unsure now if I have been following the diet as per requirements, what booklets should I have had, etc.

I hate (and never do) complain, however I placed a huge amount of trust in CD helping me reach my goals and get the appropriate support and advice and I have never had it - it has just not been offered at all. I very much feel let down so think a quick email is in order to HQ.

Will let you know how I get on

bx

Good for you and do let me know. If you have any Cambridge questions do ask on the forum, it's a good sourc of info. Well at least it used to be before they shut down.
Jx

What a terrible experience - doesn't do weigh ins how ridiculous? I'm not in the UK so I can't say for sure but here in Australia some of the counsellors do offer virtual support. You talk over Skype or whatever and do have to weigh yourself but report it to your counsellor for support and advice and products are delivered to you. I considered it as it as a 80mile trip one way to my nearest counsellor but I only see her every 2 or 3 weeks now. Good luck

Hi ladies

Just a quick note to say that I sent an email to HQ a few days ago to basically say I wasn't getting what I was paying for and wanted to know why. I have had no response which is really annoying. I have decided that CD can't be that bothered as they would have emailed me back within a few days so I am not giving them any more money and going to a much cheaper firm and may also consider going back to LL.

Very disappointed. It seems they are uninterested in clients when there are issues.

Thanks for all your help and advice
bx

Why don't you try Exante or Slim and Save? LL is very expensive each week? but I suppose if you are wanting that 121 support that's your last resort. CWP isn't the same from when I did the plan 8 years ago!! such a shame I think x

Post on their Facebook page about your experience and the lack of response that ll get them on their toes! Good luck with what ever you decide, one of the girls did silm and save to cut the cost s and they have a pretty big range if I remember correctly. Sorry you had such a big experience
Jxx

Thanks curvie/skydragon

sent away for S&S packs today....half the cost - but aware no counselling etc. Need to make use of the forums, I think.

bx

Aww What a bad experience, my consultant is brilliant and I am sure she would talk to you over the phone if you wanted her too. I am doing CWP 2 and she is so supportive. I have lost 11lbs and 9 1/2 inches in 5 weeks, so something is working and I am hardly ever hungry. Let me know if you want to talk to her and I will ask, good luck x

Aww What a bad experience, my consultant is brilliant and I am sure she would talk to you over the phone if you wanted her too. I am doing CWP 2 and she is so supportive. I have lost 11lbs and 9 1/2 inches in 5 weeks, so something is working and I am hardly ever hungry. Let me know if you want to talk to her and I will ask, good luck x

Hi
That's great - well done :)
It's very unfortunate that my experience of CD has been so bad. I paid a lot of money and all I got was the packs - no 1:1, counselling etc. I think this is a huge bit of the success of VLCD's - I didn't have this and totally failed as I didn't 'get' the diet and had so many questions.
I contacted Cambridge HQ via Consultant feedback email with my concerns and guess what...nothing. No reply, no apology or anything. They just didn't want to know. I really feel they just wanted my money and weren't interested in how successful I was. Bottom line - what I bought into (foodpacks, weigh-ins, 1:1,s and counselling around the diet) wasn't what I got and I paid for that. I never even got weighed - at the beginning or any of the weeks I went to collect my packs - the 'consultant' just asked what my weight was, roughly....

I know I have been unlucky and 99.9% of CD Consultants are very good and very supportive, however it's also how they have dealt with my (very politely written) concern which has really put me off CD. To me, they are just not interested.

I have put a stack of weight back on and need to figure something out as to what is best for me - it won't be CD, unfortunately!

Best wishes to you - I'm sure you will reach target soon!
xx

Hi
That's great - well done :)
It's very unfortunate that my experience of CD has been so bad. I paid a lot of money and all I got was the packs - no 1:1, counselling etc. I think this is a huge bit of the success of VLCD's - I didn't have this and totally failed as I didn't 'get' the diet and had so many questions.
I contacted Cambridge HQ via Consultant feedback email with my concerns and guess what...nothing. No reply, no apology or anything. They just didn't want to know. I really feel they just wanted my money and weren't interested in how successful I was. Bottom line - what I bought into (foodpacks, weigh-ins, 1:1,s and counselling around the diet) wasn't what I got and I paid for that. I never even got weighed - at the beginning or any of the weeks I went to collect my packs - the 'consultant' just asked what my weight was, roughly....

I know I have been unlucky and 99.9% of CD Consultants are very good and very supportive, however it's also how they have dealt with my (very politely written) concern which has really put me off CD. To me, they are just not interested.

I have put a stack of weight back on and need to figure something out as to what is best for me - it won't be CD, unfortunately!

Best wishes to you - I'm sure you will reach target soon!
xx
Hi, sorry about all of the above. I did Slimming World for a while, whilst good I could not eat the volume they said. Perhaps look at that one. I really hope you find something that suits. My step daughter bought the ASDA own packs and they are cheaper but not seen them but she is losing weight. Hope all sorts out for you xx

Back