Feeling useless

JestersTear

Silver Member
OMG - I can't stop eating choccy biscuits atm!

Weigh in tonight, I've already mentioned how much weight I know I'll have put on after being off plan for most of the week, but today I can't stop eating cr@p. It's stupid cos I know it's up to me what I put in my mouth, but I feel so out of control atm

Honey. Step. Away. From. The. Biccies!

Seriously...we all have bad weeks...everyone of us does! We're human and we need these times now and then. Do you think it's a case of 's*d it, I've gained so may as well enjoy my last day of freedom before WI?'.

If it is, think of what you'd tell US and try to nip it now. No time like the present!

You're doing great and know you can pull this back. Just ask yourself whether the extra treats now are worth the extra work next week?

Hugs xoxoxo

I know exactly how you feel. I was having a really good week and writing every thing down and counting my syns. Then last night just befre I went to bed I ate half a packet of ginger nuts. No idea why I wasn't hungry but just kept eating one after the other. Did stop after half the packet so pleased I didn't eat the whole packet. My weigh in is tomorrow and I could kick myself.

Now know if I buy them I will eat them so answer is I won't buy them.

Hope weigh in is ok

Irene xx

I think it's really important here for you to take a minute to look at the past 8 months and think how blinkin far you've come!! You're being very hard on yourself! I've just started this process and would like to lose 5 stone! I've lost 1 1/2 lb in my first week and although I was a little disheartened because I've heard about people losing a lot more in their first week, I shouldn't be because it's still a loss, and I know I'm in this for the long haul!! If I knew I'd be successfully losing a stone every other month and in 8 months time I'd have lost 4 stone, I'd be absolutely over the moon!! So be proud of yourself, enjoy those choccie biccies, pick yourself up, dust yourself down, and start again!! You know you can do this because you're already well on your way!! Good luck! XXX

I've made an assumption that people had read my other, recently, thread I think.
I have been off plan since last Thursday. Had a take away, then on Friday went to my parents' home who served me up sausages and mash - then my sister and I went to see Eddie Izzard where I had a bag of crisps.
The following day, me and the OH went to an all day wedding do, where there was no control at all in what was available to eat. I also drank too. On Sunday, it still felt like holiday and so we had another take away and since it's just felt as though it was too late to repair the damage and so 'what the hell'.
Today there is an element of 'I've f**ked it up this week so eat what you want' - and yet I'm dreading WI - in fact, I'm seriously thinking of not going which will be a first for me.

As for losing 4 stones in 8 months, it's not 8 months, it's a year and 3 months...

Oh sorry, my mistake, I was looking at the date you joined the forums, but the same principles apply!! You have still lost a hell of a lot of weight, and you can get that motivation back! You're only human! In the grand scheme of things one week is fairly insignificant, as long as you get back on the rails! You're certainly an inspiration to me and I'm sure a lot of other slimmers! I'm at the beginning of my journey to slimdom and I'm sure I'll have weeks like the one you've described! XXX

Crumble every choc biscuit in to the wheelie bin, and shut the lid. Or put them in the sink and put the taps on! That's what I ahve to do sometimes. There are times when the kids can ahve biscuits a plenty, and I know I won't cheat. There are other times when I just ahve to put them in the sink and pur boiling water on them, and apologise for to the kids that 'Mummy hasn't been shopping. Only fruit or bread and butter I'm aftaid girls!' There's no explanation as to whatr changes, except we are human. You have done fantastic so far!! Don't beat yourself up!

Lynda

Make sure you go to weigh in. It is so easy to think I'll not go and put it right for next week. But that doesn't work.

Perhaps have a chat to the leader while you are there tonight and hope you come away from tonight's meeting full of get up and go!

Irene xx

I've just got off the phone from my consultant and we've had a good chat. I had a cry...
She's promised to weigh me herself tonight and, if I don;t want to know, she won't even tell me what I've gained. I said that I need to know, so that I can deal with it and move on.
I did say to her that I was toying with not going to class, but that I know that it's a bad thing to do cos then you feel like you've got time 'off'...so I've promised that I'll go to class and stay to group.
Might have to go shopping tomorrow for some SW bits as we've currently got nothing in for me...

That's my girl! You know you've made the right decision! Now after you've stayed to class and your consultant has given you a food diary (and she will) you'll feel much more motivated. Then you'll sit down and begin to plan your next week and you'll feel much better. And you'll come on here and say you realise that this was only a tiny blip in 15 months hard work! What's the worst that can happen? You've delayed target by a couple of weeks, and out of the rest of your life it's the blink of an eye! You've lost an impressive amount of weight, and it doesn't matter how long it takes as long as you a) lose it ,and b) don't put it back on! :)

Wow you did a great thing and I hope that just chatting about it has started to ease your guilt. Everyone has a bad week from time to time, you know that you're almost certain to have gained tonight so it won't be a surprise later and you know exactly where it will have come from. Stay to class for extra motivation, pick up a copy of this months SW magazine if you don't already have one and make sure to read at least one of the inspirational stories this evening.

Draw a line under this week, don't feel guilty or ashamed by it you're human. You want to do better next week so start from now, or when you get home from class, or even tomorrow morning. While you're feeling up and inspired throw out all the temptations, check out some new recipes for the coming week and make a shopping list.

You know you can do it and so do we.
**hugs**
Cobweb xx

Totally agree with everything judimac and Cobweb say, and so pleased that you're going to class. I KNOW it doesn't work if you skip a meeting, thinking you can repair the damage in two weeks. Somehow, your mindset doesn't work like that - you continue to sabbotage yourself, feel worse and worse...

Well done for making that call, I hope the damage isn't as bad as you fear, good luck with your shopping for YOURSELF tomorrow - and keep us posted!!!!

Honey. Step. Away. From. The. Biccies!

Seriously...we all have bad weeks...everyone of us does! We're human and we need these times now and then. Do you think it's a case of 's*d it, I've gained so may as well enjoy my last day of freedom before WI?'.

If it is, think of what you'd tell US and try to nip it now. No time like the present!

You're doing great and know you can pull this back. Just ask yourself whether the extra treats now are worth the extra work next week?

Hugs xoxoxo

Yeah, what she said!!!

Do it now hon. You can do it, you know you can. You won't feel in control if you don't TAKE the control back.

*hugs* you can do this, stay strong.

xxx

Awww, thanks everyone...

Had a good ol' cry over the phone to the consultant which was good cos it meant I didn't do the same at class.
I've put 5lbs on this week *sigh* but I have been given a food diary (you were right) and plan to just take it a day at a time...I'll do red and green for a few days and EE for some other days and we'll see what happens.
Not feeling very motivated atm, if I'm honest, I feel a bit deflated, but I'm hoping that tomorrow I'll wake up with a 'right then' head on..

You SO did the right thing, Well done. You might be feeling deflated now but i promise you you would have regetted not going, so good on you!

Its the hardest thing to do, go to class when you KNOW you'll be having a gain, but it's also really brave. That way you can hit your problems head on and vow to not do it again. If you shield yourself from the gain by doing a binge week followed by skipping class and a starve week and the next time you WI you've only gained 1 or 2lb or whatever, you might feel better for about 5 minutes but it will just make you think that you can have these fluctuating weeks and it won't really matter.

Seeing what damage has been done on the scales is part of the diet-healng process, sorry if that comes across as a bit hippy dippy or new age-bollocksey, it's not meant to be, but that's how I see it. I did this, I see the damage I did, and I have the power to undo it.

And so do you! Very well done hun!! Here's to a good next week! xx

here's hoping.

I knew I had to go to class - in fact, since I started I've never missed a class, even if on some weeks I've had to attend a different one, or just had time to pop in and weigh...so I knew that, although I didn;t want to, I had to go to class and face the music.

It's taken me the last three days to actually drag myself out of the fug that the result out me in to but I think I'm ok now.
Been on plan since WI and although I'm on a star week this week, I still feel hopeful that I will have lost something this week, even if it's not the whole amount

Back