Feeling very de-motivated..

mazziecoupe

Hi guys,

After 2 weeks of minimal losses, STS and -1lbs loss i am feeling very down and ready to throw the towel in at SW.

I've been doing so well as you can see in my sig but now feel as if i've really hit a brick wall, i know the advice is to change what i am eating etc but i am so fussy with food its unreal.. i drink almost 3 litres of water a day, go to the gym or for a swim at least 4 times a week .. eat within the SW EE plan but here i am at a standstill nearly.

I know i've not gained any week and i am pleased about that but has anyone got any tips for me about how to kick start myself again, with the eating and with my attitude?

Thanks in advance x

Hi Mazzie.

You're right, you have had some great losses so far, so try not to throw in the towel just yet.

I think there are things you can change, other than food. For example - have you tried cutting down how much water your drink? 3 litres a day is more than you really need, and it might just be bloating you out a bit. Also, and this may not work for you, but I usually exercise 3-4 times a week as well, and last week, I was ill, so couldn't. And I had a really good loss. So maybe try having a week where you're not quite so strict, it'll give your metabolism a bit of a scare, which might get it working a bit quicker for you.

You could also try doing a couple of Red or Green days, although I don't know how this would work with the foods you like/don't like.

Have you got a diary on here?

xx

Hey!!!!

Look what you've achieved so far!!!!! 17lbs in 7 weeks!!! That's amazing!!:D

It's obviously working for you so why give up?? everyone has weeks where the weight loss stalls or slows down. Keep doing what you're doing!!

I've been trying to lose a pesky stone for over 2 years and haven't even managed that :eek:

Good luck!!

I'm not doing SW but I think you're being very hard on yourself. You say youre fussy with food but did you see yourself eating what you are eating now a couple of months back? If the answer is no then you know you can change things around a little.

I'm calorie counting and had my first static on Sunday which was my week 7. Theres something about the 6-8 week mark I think. I gave myself a couple of days of higher calories and got back on the straight and narrow more determined. Seems to be working.

For the record I think youre doing just fine. You've not gained and are losing again after a week of static...thats not bad at all. Another thing, if any of the foods you have eaten in the couple of days before weigh in were salty or you worked out harder than usual or its coming up to your TOTM then that could well account for water weight. If you throw in the towel what would you do?

Hi Kirsta!

Thanks for your reply, i didnt realise water could be so bloating (duh when i think about it now!) i've been praising myself for having so much aswell :( .. so i'll cut back to max of 2 litres per day and see what happens...

The excercise thing makes sense too, in my first few weeks i wasnt going to the gym so much as my gym buddy was on holiday and i had great losses but then i just thought that was because of my new eating plan being on SW... i'll give this a go aswell.

Food wise, i'm struggling to find fish that i like - i hate mackerel, sardines, salmon, trout (it all makes me gag) - the only thing i do like is cod/haddock and love it smoked - does the smoked make a difference do you know?

I struggle with Veg , alot. I love fruit and eat quite a bit of that but with veg i usually only have onions, chilli's, peppers (now and again) and the odd carrot in my stews .. hate pasta so thats never in my diet. Should i be trying to cut down on my carbs do you think? i eat alot of potato's and rice? x

I'm not doing SW but I think you're being very hard on yourself. You say youre fussy with food but did you see yourself eating what you are eating now a couple of months back? If the answer is no then you know you can change things around a little.

I'm calorie counting and had my first static on Sunday which was my week 7. Theres something about the 6-8 week mark I think. I gave myself a couple of days of higher calories and got back on the straight and narrow more determined. Seems to be working.

For the record I think youre doing just fine. You've not gained and are losing again after a week of static...thats not bad at all. Another thing, if any of the foods you have eaten in the couple of days before weigh in were salty or you worked out harder than usual or its coming up to your TOTM then that could well account for water weight. If you throw in the towel what would you do?

hello catcrazy! ( i am a crazy cat lover too!)

It was my TOTM last week so i was hoping for a bit of a loss this week 2/3lbs at least as i've been trying so hard.. if i threw in the towel i'd probably go back to my old habits and be back here in January whinging to you lot!! So i won't, i definitely won't - i think i just needed to announce my 'wobble' and give my head a shake.. Good luck with your WL how have you done so far? x

I'm exactly the same as you...17 pounds in 7 weeks but i think my 2 day cheat has kickstarted my metabolism, a sneak peak at the scales this morning shows 4lbs in 4 days but shhhhh not announcing it til my Sunday weigh in

And I noticed you mentioned upping the exercise, your muscles hold onto fluids when you do exercise (to fuel and recover) which even out if you keep it up but I think that may account for your smaller loss this week

It is so easy to give. I know I have done it, and all the weight you have lost just goes straight back on. Dont give up, have a break from exercise for the weekend but keep on with the plan, and Monday morning re-start the exercise with renewed vigour.

Hi Mazzie, I think a lot of people hit a bit of a wall when they have been doing s/w a while, I certainly did, and I had a couple of periods where i STS for 3-4 weeks. have you considered changing to some different Healthy Extras eg. different types of cheese/cereal or moving from bread to crackers on some days? Also if you are a veg hater you could try making soup or adding veg to sauces but cut up really small (i find some veg nicer if it's so small I can't taste it in the sauce!) Also cod/haddock is free plain or smoked on EE/red :)

Do you use all your syns? If so you could try reducing them and see, but to be honest, you seem to be right on track, 1-2lb is bang on what SW recommends, and although it may take a little longer to get there, it's more sustainable than losing weight really quickly.

Hey

I felt like this too yesterday when I left group having had a really small loss after a 100% week, I even went to the chippy and then cried all night feeling bad! But ive woken up this morning with the attitude of I have lost or sts everyweek but I have enjoyed it and it is a way of life not a quick fix so ill keep with it and lets face as long as I loose not gain im in right direction!! Hope you stick with it as your doing so well :) Oh and my C said I hadnt used enough syns last few weeks so going to make sure I use all 15 per day this week to see if It makes a difference! Good luck!

thanks guys, i knew i could rely on you lot to give me a boost. I suppose looking at it in black and white i've been doing really well, its a head shake i need rather than sympathy lol

I'll give it all a go, i think i might mix it up with the HE's as Moo suggested, i've been having weetabix and milk since i started so i am fed up looking at it, a change would be good!

My syns i usually stick to 10 a day , sometimes i go over but never over 15 .. i suppose i could give them a shake around aswell although i cant give up my 6syn frozen curly wurly a day, i need my choccy fix !

A frozen curly wurly eh? That sounds interesting!

I think you're the only person I have 'met' who doesn't like pasta - I eat tonnes of the stuff, so I reckon I might head that way one day! Although not liking fish is pretty normal, my OH HATES it, won't even eat cod!

I tend to do a mixture of EE on green, and so obviously eat as many carbs as I like (well not bread, but you know what I mean) and it doesn't seem to do me any harm, although everyone is different. I tend to stay off Red days as they don't agree with me, but a lot of people on here reckon they do speed up weight loss, so maybe give a few of them a go?

xx

Don't give up!!
Look at how amazing you are doing and how much better you feel when you are losing :) you are doing incredible so keep at it!
Iv been to 5 weigh in's missed this week as was in London and iv just lost 9lbs which i am really happy with! You have done nearly double, i know everyone is different but iv had a gain allready and felt like giving up but decided to continue as i feel so much better losing!
Try being less strict for a week, relax a bit more and perhaps drink a little less water could it be bloating? Also have you tried eating mainly superspeeds? Worth a go!
Goodluck with your journey and don't give up be worth it in the end!!xxx

Wow- you've lost an average of 2.5Ib per week, that's great! :D

Sometimes you have to look at the big picture, rather than each individual WI, if you see what I mean. I was getting a bit fed up as I was going up and down and up and down and not really lost anything over 2 months, but I have still lost 18.5Ib overall, which is good :)

Back