Feeling very deflated

Tracykllhr

Im so annoyed with myself
I was only on day 3 and messed up big time :break_diet: which is so frustrating as I was in such a top mood yesterday.
Wednesday teatime as I was doing the dishes my son came out with his plate of chili saying he was full and before I remembered I was on 3 slimfasts and no food a day (I promise for that split second I had forgotten I was on slim fast) I had finished his plate off but then guilt set in then the taste buds and finally the self loathing :ashamed0005:
So what did I do?
I then went on to eat half a packet of cream crackers with butter and cheese

What am I going to do? if I cheat when im not even hungry I'm useless I really thought I was in the right frame of mind for this and now I have an upset stomach to top it all

So do I starve today to compensate for yesterday or do I just start the slimfasts again? or just :giveup:

sorry for such a negative post but I needed to confess as last night I had decided to just delete the site and start again next week but I have been starting next week for most of my adult life

Hi Tracy
Yes its very hard... once you do eat food you crave more , i think the longer you are on a very low cal diet the more likely you are to stay with it , its early days i think until say a good month on this , every time i cook dinner for the family its a teae , and bread i just love , just butter the bread i'm feeling , cor i can go some of that but i hold back , i just feel sorry for everyone around me as my temper is bad . I think another day over every night i say that i'm on day 8 today . If you can it might be better to have the 3 shakes then some lean chicken and veg ? if you have alot to lose . How are you now

Awww :hug99:, dont beat yourself up over one night.

It happens subconsciously to us all! The way I get out of wanting my Daughter's left overs, is to picture her eating it and then spitting it back out on to the plate. (I have a very graphic imagination and seeing as she is only 21 months, that could still be a possibility!) :sign0137:

Just concentrate on it when you feel ready.

I might be mistaken but I'm sure I read somewhere on this site that Slimfast wasn't low enough on carbs to put you into ketosis, which is how CD and LL work, hence you'll always be starving on it. With the other two, once you're into ketosis, the hunger goes.

Whatever - put it behind you and have a think as to whether this method is the one for you.

Ho have to find out if you are right , i'm on slim fast , i do feel hunry sometimes then when i drink i feel ok . Does anyone know if this info is right ?

Don't know if the info is correct but my sister was using slimfast before her holiday and lost about 16lbs in 5 weeks, she found things similar to LL in that she had the withdrawal symptons for about 3/4 days and then the hunger went and she was able to cope with only having shakes each day. She did have one or two occasions where she did eat - family birthdays and other social events but this didn't seem to effect her weightloss. For the week before her holiday she did drop to having 2 shakes during the day but more or less ate what she wanted in the evenings including a meal out and a couple of takeaways and her weight didn't change. She was just under 2 stone over her ideal weight when she started.

Hope this helps

I'm not saying you won't lose weight doing it because of course it's limited in calories. If you restrict your calories, you will lose weight, even with real food. But Slimfast is a painful way of doing a VLCD, compared to CD or LL which will put you in ketosis and calm your feelings of hunger or another method using "real food".

I found this link to confirm what I thought I read yesterday on another thread (but can't find it now). Hopefully someone more knowledgeable will pop up too:

http://www.minimins.com/cambridge-diet-forum/16678-slim-fast.html

I had a read about slim fast , i'll just hang it out a bit more till the funds go up and i will return to CD i know its better to have but this is helping too , i think the hunger is not that bad . The stomach gets used to not having much is a good thing as when i go back to CD it wont be to painful lol . I only have 3 shakes aday really might be an odd day i'll have a snack bar . Thanks for that info guys !

Back