Feeling very, very sad an update on Bobbie

fillymum

synful soul
In fact I am crying my eyes out.
Some of you know I have a support site for ladies with breast cancer.

Over the 7 years I have had it there have been lots of friendships made that have become more than cyber friendships and have evolved into to real flesh an blood ones.

A few years ago 20 or so of us met in London. One lady came from South Africa and one from America.

I flew into London a week before the meeting and met up with the one from America, Bobbie. We hit it off immediately and boy did we set London alight. After the 3 day meeting Bobbie flew back to Spain with me an we enjoyed a week here at our home and we thoroughly enjoyed showing her Spain.

Bobbie is dying. She has secondary tumours all over her body including her brain. I have just spoken to her in the hospital in America and told her how much I love her. I can not believe she has so little time left.

Her lovely husband is keeping me informed of the state of her health.

With a site like mine I am used to members dying It is always heartbreaking but with Bobbie it is like losing a sister.

londonmeeting004-1-1.jpg

Bobbie and I.

Last edited:
I am so sorry to hear about your friend. I can only imagine how heartbroken you feel right now. I dont really know what else to say but I didn't want to read and not reply. x x x

Awww sue so sad xxx

At least she will remember what a beautiful, fantastic friend you are and what a fantastic time you both had together.

Hopefully the end isn't too painful for her.

I hope you're ok.

Lots of love xxxx

It's so sad to lose a loved one. Her passing will be a painful one to you, but her legacy will be one more friend whose life she has touched and changed for the better.
May she have an easy passing, full of the knowledge she is loved.
God Bless you too Sue x

Hopefully the end isn't too painful for her.

I hope you're ok.

Lots of love xxxx

She will be given palliative care until the end so hopefull she will not experience any pain.

I am in bits, keep filling up thinking of her and the crazy things we did together .

I know that in time those same memories will have me grinning.

Those memories will stay with you forever Sue xx

Thinking of you xx

Oh Sue, I am so sorry to hear about your dear friend. Treasure your happy memories, and take comfort in the support you have offered each other the years.

Thinking of you xxxxx

Oh poor Sue and poor Bobbie xx What a difficult conversation that must have been. How wonderful that you've had so many good times together though. I hope those memories will bring you great comfort in the coming months x

I'm so sorry to hear such sad news. Sending huge hugs hunxxx

Fillymum I am so sorry to hear about your friend. There's nothing that can be said during these times to ease the pain of what is happening, but I just want to send lots of hugs your way.

Thinking of you both x

So sad to hear your news, love & hugs to you & all her family & friends. I'm sure she'll be at peace & pain free & in the best place. You've got all those wonderful memories and it's so good that you got to have that 'chat' with her.

Take Care

Love to you

BB X

Sorry to hear such sad news, you are in my thoughts.

Back