Fell off the wagon( well stepped off)

michellewild

HI peeps, dicided to come off the diet for the weekend to have a little break, been on it 7 weeks and felt i needed to have a blow out as i could feel myself slipping, anyway i have done it now and its out of my system, i will be back on the waggon tomorrow with avengence , :D:D

I had a weekend off about 3 weeks ago and whilst it wasn't planned like my other breaks it did the trick and I was back on track by Monday. Good luck with the restart.

Sometimes a break does you good... I did it a couple of times on my 20 week stint on Lipotrim....

X

i also had the weekend off, i've got the guilts now though, having a hard time today back on it with a bit of a hangover, but persevering! fingers crossed for a sts weigh in on tuesday

i had a planned day off today after just 2 weeks on as i cooked my OH's mum a big sunday roast with every trimming i could think of and home made eton mess! made the most of it too my cooking a cooked brekkie for my gorgeous OH! felt really good!! but im so looking forward to getting back on tomorrow! the biggest news is the OH's mum is joining me on the diet from tomorrow! given her a weeks worth of packs to start her off! dead excited to have a companion!! i showed her all you guys' posts and the amazing weight loss of you all and she is converted! wooo

I've been on it 7 weeks too and have also had the weekend off. Cake, crisps, sweets and chinese!! Total blow out and totally back on it 100% tomorrow. Sometimes its just needed x

How do you guys get back on track?

I have been off Sat, Sun, Mon & Today, I was so determined yesterday to get back on track but had two packs in the morning, then had half a sandwich for lunch, a snack size chocolate bar in the afternoon then left over chicken dinner for tea...... and a pack of pretzels...... and an options hot chocolate....

Although my calories have been around 1200 per day, so still a weight loss amount of calories. And will be about 1000 today.

But how do you get yourselves back on S&S 100%?? Any and all advice would be very much appreciated!!

How do you guys get back on track?

I have been off Sat, Sun, Mon & Today, I was so determined yesterday to get back on track but had two packs in the morning, then had half a sandwich for lunch, a snack size chocolate bar in the afternoon then left over chicken dinner for tea...... and a pack of pretzels...... and an options hot chocolate....

Although my calories have been around 1200 per day, so still a weight loss amount of calories. And will be about 1000 today.

But how do you get yourselves back on S&S 100%?? Any and all advice would be very much appreciated!!

i came off sat night had a naughty dinner then a big naughty sunday and was supposed to go back on mon... didnt!!! will power avaded me for some reason bbut i was getting cross with myself even though it was me allowing myself to do it! woke up this morning was making my s&s porridge whilst nibbling a bit of a giant cookie!!! i just looked at myself and laughed and realised what a waste of money it would be if i kept doing that and i have been 100% the rest of the day with no intention of cheating! :)

willpower back! high five! i think it was coming to terms with the fact that the only person i could get annoyed with about it was me, and it was me that was allowing me to ruin it! as soon as i stopped getting annoyed and focused on how much i will enjoy the reason im doing it and the fact that noone was forcing me! i have actually chosen to do this to myself that it became easy again!

if that makes any sence what so ever!! lol

Yeah that's really helpful advice! I was thinking that yesterday when I looked in the cupboard and thought I could eat everything in there, but I would only been cheating myself.

I'm back on 100% today! Positive thinking!! Lol :D

SuperWoman said:
I'm so glad I've come across this. I've moved from SnS 100% to eating veg and protein today. It was harder than when I was only on food packs and I wanted to eat everything that I couldn't. Would love to know how you all managed to get back on should this happen to me which I fear it may do quite soon :cry:

It doesn't have to happen to you. I was on the equivalent of SnS 4 packs a day, no milk, no veggies for over 6 months. 5 weeks ago I swapped to the equivalent of 3 packs plus a protein meal. The first day was fine and I really enjoyed the real food after so long on packs. The second day I REALLY wanted the food. I was fixated on it. I ended up having it early because I really wanted it - I knew I wasn't hungry. Then I still wanted something to eat. In the end I ate a bar (was intending to have porridge for my supper but had a bar after my tea instead) and at satisfied me. I didn't come off plan but it did worry me. However, after that I was ok again. I think the important thing is to look at why you want food when you're not hungry. Analyse it. Make a decision to move packs around or distract yourself or whatever coping mechanism you choose. This is a really powerful lesson in how to cope in maintenance. We all have food issues and this type of diet is unique in that it takes us away from food and allows us to reevaluate our relationship with it. Therein lies the solution.

It doesn't have to happen to you. I was on the equivalent of SnS 4 packs a day, no milk, no veggies for over 6 months. 5 weeks ago I swapped to the equivalent of 3 packs plus a protein meal. The first day was fine and I really enjoyed the real food after so long on packs. The second day I REALLY wanted the food. I was fixated on it. I ended up having it early because I really wanted it - I knew I wasn't hungry. Then I still wanted something to eat. In the end I ate a bar (was intending to have porridge for my supper but had a bar after my tea instead) and at satisfied me. I didn't come off plan but it did worry me. However, after that I was ok again. I think the important thing is to look at why you want food when you're not hungry. Analyse it. Make a decision to move packs around or distract yourself or whatever coping mechanism you choose. This is a really powerful lesson in how to cope in maintenance. We all have food issues and this type of diet is unique in that it takes us away from food and allows us to reevaluate our relationship with it. Therein lies the solution.

Totally agree, i know i feel off the wagon and only got back on yesterday whilst off plan though i really looked at the whys and hows i used food for comfort etc and i have to say in 5 stressful weeks splitting with my partner and moving house with my little boy ive only gained 3lb and some of that will be coming out of ketosis totally and eating "normal" foods....

so im pleased with it, it shows i can find a way to maintain and should it start creeping up i can come back here 100% until its gone again,

well done ALL for not giving up, we deserve to be happy in our slim bodies so lets not cheat ourselves!!!!!!!!!!

i also found the brighter spring days help me to think about the summer weather coming our way, holidays etc

i want to be 39lb lighter when i go on holiday camping in 15 weeks!

we can do this find your inspiration !

you can do this ! we all can !

plus if you all think about your weight losses so far they are massive!!!! any conventional diet would see that taking double if not tripple the time! so everyone has done soooo amazing already!!

twinkabelle said:
Totally agree, i know i feel off the wagon and only got back on yesterday whilst off plan though i really looked at the whys and hows i used food for comfort etc and i have to say in 5 stressful weeks splitting with my partner and moving house with my little boy ive only gained 3lb and some of that will be coming out of ketosis totally and eating "normal" foods....

so im pleased with it, it shows i can find a way to maintain and should it start creeping up i can come back here 100% until its gone again,

well done ALL for not giving up, we deserve to be happy in our slim bodies so lets not cheat ourselves!!!!!!!!!!

i also found the brighter spring days help me to think about the summer weather coming our way, holidays etc

i want to be 39lb lighter when i go on holiday camping in 15 weeks!

we can do this find your inspiration !

you can do this ! we all can !

So agree. It's not about whether you lapse it's about what you learn from doing it. If we don't change our relationships with food then we will put the weight back on. Time spent thinking about why and how to change next time is the best investment we can make. To be able to go through such a stressful time in your life and cope as well as you have is amazing! You shold be proud!

SuperWoman said:
Wise words Weasey. I will definitely take that into consideration. I think my eating is very emotional and I'm glad you posted this. I've saved this post to re-read on my phone. I guess it's because I've been at this stage before where I would normally self-sabotage but I think il juggle my meals around to make it easier. Thanks again for this! Really, really helpful xx

Glad it was helpful. I'm also an emotional eater. I'm trying to work out ways to deal with it. Having a bar rather than a meal seems to satisfy me more when I'm in that mood. Or eating more often - so yesterday I had my chicken early and then later I had the stir fry vegetables I was going to have the chicken with... Kind of fooling myself that I was having more. Somehow that seems to be working. More importantly though I think I need to address why I'm feeling emotional. Make sure I chat to my husband about what I'm feeling and address any issues rather than bottling them up. Being honest with myself about things like PMT and understanding that I will have a harder time in that week than normally. Coming up with coping mechanisms for that. I'm a long way from achieving all of those things but I work on it regularly.

I just really try to remember how awfull i feel when i cave....

I store the feelings at the back of my mind for when i want to do it again.... And then i Think of how awfull i felt!!!

Food wont make me feel better it will make me feel worse!!!

: (

X

If hunger isn't the problem then food isn't the answer.

I normally hate pat phrases - but I really like this one - even if I hate the fact that I like it...

A small break does you good sometimes :)

Back