Fell Off the Wagon

atchonblimp21

I have Fell off the Wagon, really badly this week. Stared small, with cravings for chocolate (it's star week :sigh: ) and escalated.

I got to that point when I knew would put on anyway this week due to water ret and what calories I had already stuffed so far, so kinda caved in completely. I dunno. Been such a hard week.

I will still go to the class tom, and see a weight gain and hope it motivates me to lose next week, and not make me cave in completely. It's so annoying though, cus losing weight is something I have always wanted/needed to do, and have been big since childhood, so I don't even know what feels like to be a healhty weight and I don't understand how I can want something soooo bad, but cave in, in 2 seconds. It's as if I'm sabotaging myself. Why wont I let myself have this???????!!!!!

Anyone else going through a hard week, or has gotten through one recently, and how did you do it/get your mind back in that zone? cus right now it seems impossible!

:cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::break_diet::break_diet::break_diet::break_diet:

Right. First things first:

DON'T PANIC!!! :eek::eek::eek::eek:

We all know that this is going to be a slow and steady journey. One week is probably going to seem like a tiny blip come the end. There is nothing that you can do about last week, and at least you are going to class to see how bad the damage is. You never know, you could be lucky, and it might not be too bad. ;)

Next: You have successfully pinpointed your danger time, and also danger food: CHOCOLATE!!!!. Well done. :p:p:p:p

Now comes the planning for next time (don't worry, if you are anything like the rest of us, there WILL be a few more 'next times' :rolleyes:):

If you think that you will crave chocolate you have a few choices:

Small amounts of chocolate throughout the day (still keeping within syns)
Fill up with plenty of hot chocolates throughout the day (still keeping within syns)
Use all your syns on one or two things, and save them till a set time at the end of the day (I sometimes find that the prospect of a treat later keeps me going :D)

My personal plan for munchies days:

Line up EVERYTHING that I can eat on that day.
Every so often, place a glass of water.
Start at one end, and work my way through!!!!

Also, if I think that I'm going to be craving something sweet: Make a LARGE bowl of low syn mousse (about 1 1/2 syns for the whole thing) It does take some time to set, so if you think that it is going to be a bad day, make it early!!!!

Now for the difficult part......One bad day does not a bad week make.
If you think that seems easy......One bad meal does not a bad DAY make.
You can NEVER change what has just happened. You CAN change what happens next.
Don't think that you have ruined your whole day/week if you have slipped up. Decide that your NEXT meal will be 100% on plan and work from there.
The next thing you know, it will be a whole day at 100%, and then a whole week!!!!!!

Sorry for this being so long and I hope that some of it will help. :eek:

what a superb reply, lonestitcher. Respect!

I used to think that my body was craving chocolate at that certain time of the month, but after speaking with a Dr friend of mine, he has pursuaded me to try other things instead and it works.
Bananas, potatoes and pasta are great for that totm Hun and dont have any the same calories as chocolate!
I usually make myself a bowl of syn free chips and have tomato sauce. Carbs are the way and I would advise you to throw in a few green days or even EE days when its a * week.

Oh honey, it can be a slog at times can't it? Like you, I fell off the wagon a few weeks ago and it's been 2 weeks since I have been to group - was too ashamed of myself. I got to a point where I knew I had gained so I just carried on eating. But... I am going back to group this week, have spoken to my consultant who is lovely. Explained and I will expect a gain at the weigh in.

You're definately not alone, we've all been there. you're only human..so don't be too hard on yourself.

Hayley xxx

You've definitely made the right decision going back to class! It will limit the damage, and it may not be as bad as you think!

I've been going thro a rough patch , not feeling well, but you just have to go back to basics and start over. I've come a long way I WON'T give up this time! So I had a blank food diary and photocopied 10! and started to fill it in yesterday. It's the first 100% day I've had in 2 weeks!
Planning is the key! Lonestitchers advice is spot on! (sorry it won't let me rep you!)

Hi, thanks Everyone for your lovely commments

To Lonestitcher: Thank You, you have really helped me today. I have started anew . I am still having the cravings for the choc, but I am holding it together, and saying no.

I have also had a word with my mum, who is going to help me prepare for it each month. I seem to be able stick 100 % for 3 weeks but as soon as give in to my cravings at that totm, everything goes from bad to worse, and its hard to get back on track. But I will follow lonestitchers advice about preparing meals ready for it. I might follow a sw recipe and maybe make the (choc mud pie) or the mousse as you have said and prepare myself. Because I have realised that at that time, I don't really fancy or enjoy any other food, I just want chocolate only. So maybe if I incorporate it in everything, within my syns of course, I will be chocolated out, as I really cannot just cut it out, have tried that, doesn't work.

and to MrsV I will do a few more carb days and see if that works also.

I will pick up some more food diaries at class tonight, and just try my very best for the week ahead.

Thankyou everyone, it's nice to know that I'm not alone in this continuing struggle for a healthier life

xx :)

Back