Fell off - time to get back on

echoburning

21/M/Bolton
Hi everyone,

I remember posting one of these "im back" threads not so long ago. :rolleyes:

I fell off plan hugely and managed to get back on for a few days before falling off royally again. Over the last few days i knew i needed to get back into the swing of things but I knew I wasn't in the right frame of mind. Last night, I sat down at my desk, and was reading through diaries and posts on Minimins in preparation to starting again on the 1st January.

Then I thought to myself...what's the point of waiting till then. If i do that then i'll only talk myself out of it or i'll eat loads in the meantime to make up for the lack of chocolate and junk.

So, off I trotted to asda to at 10pm, got myself loads of salad, mayo and cream and a set of bathroom scales. This morning I officially restarted and have my meals for today planned out. I read a great tip somewhere on the site, which is to create a grid of squares for the number of pounds you need to lose and colouring them in each time you lose one. I think it'll be a really good visual for me to see how far i am to goal weight. What I've realised now is that I still can't trust myself at the moment to eat right and need to train myself by working through the different phases properly.

I'm not too worried about Christmas. We don't celebrate it but we do have a Christmas meal with Turkey and the trimmings. I'll be more than happy with turkey and veg and just keep away from the fizzy drinks and roast potatoes!:D

I'm hoping to lose 32lbs by the end of February, but I'm not going to worry too much about the mini goals at the moment and concentrate on the big one.

Here's wishing everyone celebrating it a very Merry Christmas.

Hey mate, good to see you posting again.

welcome back and good luck x

Thanks everyone, I'm going to post on here as often as I can.

I've just had an hour at the gym with a personal trainer which has knackered me out. Felt shattered but managed to make Jim's chicken curry when i got home which was really nice! It's normally when I feel tired that I reach for the junk food but I'm staying away!

Well done for getting back on - I found this site a couple of evenings ago and it does seem very friendly :0) when I lost weight last time I was on a different forum which has since closed - I found them a great support.

Hey and welcome back.

Atkins really works and is the true refuge I believe of the carboholic.

Good luck and merry Christmas!

Welcome back. xx

Well done for getting back on - I found this site a couple of evenings ago and it does seem very friendly :0) when I lost weight last time I was on a different forum which has since closed - I found them a great support.

Hello Sarah and welcome love.

Welcome back Echo, hope you enjoy your xmas dinner, and hi to Sarah - hope you have fun here! :)

Back