FernXx- Starting All Over Again.

Wow, well done on rejoining Fern. I can tell it's really motivated you!
Good luck girl. Not long now til you meet your bump in real life - can't believe how fast it seems to have gone!

Im very angry! my Asda delivery didnt arrive untill 3PM.. 3 hours after the latest time they should have delivered.

Iv phoned and complained twice as they told me my delivery would be within 20 mins the first time i called and 45mins later was still no where to be seen, missing my friends first wedding dress shop app. :mad: i got my delivery charge £5.50 back and a £5 coupon, but still so angry as its totally thrown my food out :(

Last edited:
Gosh how annoying I have to say the couple of times i did an online asda shop i was disappointed with the quality of the fruit and veg. But arriving late would have made me furious and believe me no one ever wants to mess with my meals so a 5 pound voucher would not do it for me either.

Don't let your disappointment mess up your whole week let it go and just carry on like today had been the on plan day you planned.

Teresa

Hi fern,
Just thought I'd say Hello as I've been noseying on your diary for the last week! lol

Well done on getting back on track, especially at 30 wks pregnant, I'm sure the weight will fall off you when your little bundle arrives, you've done amazingly already.

All the best with everything. x

The standard of asda delivery food wise is actually fine, all fruit and veg in good condition with good dates.. just the bloody customer service. Grumble Grumble.

SATURDAY 18th JUNE

Breakfast: 1 sachet of simple porrige oats. 1 tsp brown sugar 1 syn

apple

1/2 punnet strawbs

handful of sensations crisps - 6syns?

2 carrots cut into snack sticks

lunch- small portion of pasta with tuna passata sauce and cheese HEA have now officially decided im over this, wont be having it for a while

Cadburys hot chocolate 2 syns

dinner- chilli con carni (xl mince, red pepper, red onion, kidney beans in chilli sauce, baked beans, 1/2 a shwartz packet 1/2 syn per portion) with brown rice and natural 0% yog and side salad.

1 pear, 1 apple, 1 carrot
TOTAL SYNS:
sugar- 1
crisps- 6
hot chocolate 2
chilli 1/2

9.5 syns total x

Last edited:
aww stupid asda! never mind at least ur food was ok even if they were jerks! lol foods looking tasty- would love to know the speed curry recipe if thats ok? xxxx

Now that im starting to get back into the swing of things- and with the inspiration of seeing Kirsty (custardlipsticks) recent foody picks on FB, im feeling a bit more adventerous. When i next do a food shop (im hoping this one will last me a week and a half atleast) il be a bit more creative with my meals me thinks.

Having said this im having that 'i dont think im going to loose weight' mentality, you know.. like when you first start out. Im 100% determined, and actually.. really enjoying and feeling positive about being on plan without feeling stressed about it at all .. which is so nice. Its been a while since i felt like this. . but i keep thinking 'theres no way im going to loose weight!' and i might not at all.. but how chuffed will i be if i dont gain much more between now and the end? il be so pleased. Of course i want baby to gain weight, but theres no need why babe cant grow, i cant slim and it all to even out on the scales right?

:D anyways, less rambeling from me. Off to enjoy some sugar free orangeade and watch a film with OH.

Juicy, which speedy curry recipe are you on about my doll? i think you may have me confused with someone else who has this recipe? id like to know what it is too! though i have a very good recipe which is completley syn free if your interested though? x

grr i swear im going crazy! apologies :) lol yeah that would be great if u ahve a recipe for one? ive never made a curry from scratch before im a bit scared about trying it! glad 2 hear your feeling so positive about things :) xxxx

Hey Fernie...
Just wanted to say well done YOU!!! *hugs*
You know - you shouldn't have had to start paying back at class? As a target member you can gain during pregnancy without having to pay, but then SW gives you 12 weeks to get back to within target range to stay a free member. That's what happened at my class anyway. You shouldn't have constraints put on you for how much pregnancy weight you gain (over 3 stone for me) because everyone is different. It's so hard watching the scales go up isn't it - but remember it 's completely worth it.
I am off to read through your diary!!
H xxx

Hi Hellie.. my consultant said i could gain up to 2st, before i started paying- and that ship sailed a while ago :p lol then i took an 8 week gap before i took the plunge and went back. C was a bit shocked to see me, glad.. but said that she expected to see me after babe had arrived .. but i was gald to be back.

Food wise im not feeling very confident as this week has progressed. Iv been caught out alot food wise and im feeling unsteady with it.

breakfast: 1 sachet simple porrige oats HEB, 1tsp brown sugar 1 syn

apple

pear

lunch: 1 manderin mullerlight, 3 chopped up carrots, pot of mango and pinapple chunks, and 1 half of a ww chicken ceaser wrap - i had to work an NCT sale today on my own from 10am-3pm and as i was on my own i didnt get a proper lunch, i also didnt take anything with me as i didnt think it through properly and despite stopping off in two different corner shops on the way this was all i could get.. the whole pack of ww wrap came to 14.5syns, and i only ate half so 7.5syns.

diet coke

jacket potato, beans and cheese HEA from spud u like, i usually ask them to put my cheese in a seperate pot so i can add it myself, but in my pure hunger i didnt and it ended up underneath my beans.. so deffo not a HEA portion.. so any extra cheese im hoping will fall into the rest of my syns.

pear

strawberries

syns:
brown sugar 1 syn
ww wrap 7.5 syns
8.5 + extra cheese

Last edited:
grr i swear im going crazy! apologies :) lol yeah that would be great if u ahve a recipe for one? ive never made a curry from scratch before im a bit scared about trying it! glad 2 hear your feeling so positive about things :) xxxx

for 4 people-

6 onions
2 tins tom
5 garlic cloves
2 chillies

cook onions and garlic in little water until soft.. and water has bubbles away

add tomatoes- cook until bubbling

blend - mixture is HOT so watch out....

Add-

Bag/bunch Fresh Coriander

2 teaspoons of each-
paprika
coriander
ground ginger
mustard seeds
turmeric
garam masala

16 cardamon pods- take out just before serving.....

add chicken and simmer untill chicken has cooked through (45 mins usually)

1 teaspoon of Hot chili powder... 2 if you want it hot.. 3 if you want it super hot!

i sometimes also add a tablespoon of tikka masala paste, not neccisary,.. but youd need to syn that of course. xx

hi fern hope you dont mind me popping by your diary your doing great hun good luck with baba

clair xxxxx

Ferns Favourite Meals;
chilli con carni
curry
spag bowl
omlettes
baked potatoes
potatoe boats
sausage and mash
burgers
stir frys
pasta bakes
bbq chicken
meatballs
tomatoe and garlic chicken
cooked breakfasts
chicken and bacon salads
steak and med veg kebabs and rice
meatballs and spaghetti
passata sauce and pasta
roast dinners
fish, chips and mushy peas
kfc chicken & chippies
cottage pie
Mixed bean chilli tacos
traditional lasagne
mixed bean lasagne
cheesy cauliflower, brocoli and bacon bake
chirizio sausage pasta
scotch eggs
mozzerela, beef tomatoe and red onion parma ham parcels

Will keep adding to this list, so i always have a list to remind me of forgotten favourites etc.. so i can never get bored!

for 4 people-

6 onions
2 tins tom
5 garlic cloves
2 chillies

cook onions and garlic in little water until soft.. and water has bubbles away

add tomatoes- cook until bubbling

blend - mixture is HOT so watch out....

Add-

Bag/bunch Fresh Coriander

2 teaspoons of each-
paprika
coriander
ground ginger
mustard seeds
turmeric
garam masala

16 cardamon pods- take out just before serving.....

add chicken and simmer untill chicken has cooked through (45 mins usually)

1 teaspoon of Hot chili powder... 2 if you want it hot.. 3 if you want it super hot!

i sometimes also add a tablespoon of tikka masala paste, not neccisary,.. but youd need to syn that of course. xx
thankyou huni, i think i would add korma powder to mine too :) xxxx

Monday 20th June
Breakfast: 1 sachet porrige oats HEB, 1 tsp brown sugar 1 syn

2 pears, 1 orange

Lunch: Jacket potato, 1 tsp of flora light 1syn, Baked beans and cheese HEA

2 carrots

Dinner: Spaghetti Bolognese

Orange chocolate muller
1/4 watermelon. YUM

few squares of chocolate -6 syns

SYNS:
Choc 6 syns
Sugar 1 syn

7 syns

Last edited:
Breakfast: 1 sachet of porrige HEB, 1 tsp of brown sugar 1syn

1/2 punnet of strawberries, 1 pear

lunch: Cold tuna pasta salad- Pasta, Tuna, Cucumber spring onion and Yellow pepper with 1 tsp of light mayo 2 syn

cadburys hot chocolate 2 syns
2green apples

few cubes of galaxy 5syns
biscuit 2.5 syns

dinner: jacket spud, baked beans and cheese HEA - totally forgot how much i love these.
butter 2 syns :)

SYNS-
Sugar 1 syn
mayo 2 syns
Hot choc 2 syns
galaxy 5 syns
biscuit 2.5 syns
butter 2syns
14.5 syns

Last edited:
Back