Few question, confused and cannot find it in the forumn

msajuma

1) Do to the diet i suffer from constipation, i have tried wheat Bran, but it is not helping. I read somewhere Psyllium Husks helps. Are we allowed to have Psyllium Husks in the diet and if so what would be the maximum dose.

2) During PV days I have always used carrots, cabbage, courgette, cauliflower and brocolli, i would like to introduce other vegetables. Although wen i went to buy as i have never bought or cooked beans, there were so many. the list included beans, Are we allowed any green beans or just the ones on the list French beans/string beans/mangetout? and if so would cluster beans be allowed

3) Radish is allowed and
daikon is also like radish would that be allowed?

4) I believe Soya beans is not allowed (although it does say in some places it is), but soya sprouts are allowed? please correct me and if so does anyone know where to get soya sprouts from? and in the list it says bean sprouts/mung sprouts, would that mean all bean sprouts are allowed during PV days?

5) Picked onions with vinegar is that allowed?

Thanks you all in advance and so sorry for always asking questions. I do try to research and when i cant find it or get different answers i think its always better to find them.

Last edited:
1) Do to the diet i suffer from constipation, i have tried wheat Bran, but it is not helping. I read somewhere Psyllium Husks helps. Are we allowed to have Psyllium Husks in the diet and if so what would be the maximum dose. Hi i don't know about psyllium, never heard of it, but when I suffer with a bit of constipation I have my rhubarb. Its a veg and is allowed on veg days unlimited, and on PP days 100g stewed.

2) During PV days I have always used carrots, cabbage, courgette, cauliflower and brocolli, i would like to introduce other vegetables. Although wen i went to buy as i have never bought or cooked beans, there were so many. the list included beans, Are we allowed any green beans or just the ones on the list French beans/string beans/mangetout? and if so would cluster beans be allowed I would suggest any of the green beans you find in the vegetable area of the supermarket would be ok. I buy the long green beens and have them cooked or raw.

3) Radish is allowed and
daikon is also like radish would that be allowed? Don't know, is a vegetable, maybe google nutritional values of them both to see.

4) I believe Soya beans is not allowed (although it does say in some places it is), but soya sprouts are allowed? please correct me and if so does anyone know where to get soya sprouts from? and in the list it says bean sprouts/mung sprouts, would that mean all bean sprouts are allowed during PV days? If my interpretation is correct, soya sprouts are bean sprouts aren't they...not seen anything different.

5) Picked onions with vinegar is that allowed? Yes!!! totally, I have them a lot, also pickled gherkins and beetroot.

Thanks you all in advance and so sorry for always asking questions. I do try to research and when i cant find it or get different answers i think its always better to find them.

Just as an extra to the above, carrotts and beetroot are high in natural sugars, so you should only have them once on a pv day, not at every meal, and not in massive quantities. I usually have one carrott chopped, and if having beetroot I might have 4 slices on my plate.

nice one pauline, never heard of these, will have to google LOL

Yes psyllium and daikon ok. Beans - if there're green and stringy that's ok, but not like the fat things that come in tins - broad beans, butter beans and haricots are too sugary and full of carbs. I think cluster beans are like mange tout, so that should be fine. It's also right about beetroot and carrots you should avoid those if possible very sugary. Try butternut squash and celeriac if you like sweetish veg, both are ok and v tasty! You can boil them or just roast off, or put them in casseroles. Good luck!

Back