Fiber supplements ?

Personally I bought some whole Psyllium Husks from:

Whole Psyllium Husks from Myprotein

I've used them before as per advice I received on this forum a year ago - and they were quite nice for bulking my porridge out. I didn't notice any affects on weight losses, but I am not an expert - so take my words with caution. Everyone reacts to things differently and any fibre mix may make you bloated at first. Nutritionally speaking it's nothing that should affect ketosis but I'm speculating this. Either way, it's easier on the wallet too, isn't the LL mix about £9? I bought quite a large bag of 500g (enough for at least 6 months ...) for £8.

Good luck with whatever you decide to do ;)

Hi Heaven Can Wait
What about flaxseed? It is used on diets like Atkins as it doesn't affect ketosis. Also, the health benefits are amazing. I take it all the time, whether dieting or not, as I have arthritis and my hubby takes it to help his psoriasis and diabetes. It also helps with PMT and menopause. Worth looking at!

Flax Seed Benefits - Flaxseed:: The Small Seed Of Hope for Healthy Living.

Lighter Life do their own fiber mix which is Carb free so I am guessing that this could have an impact (it's expensive though). I found having the porridge really helped (even if Im not a huge fan)! PLus the drink flavorings do help you get things moving.

My LLC said Psyllium Husks are fine to use and don't have to cost the earth like the LL fibre mix! :)

i ordered it via the link provided above and i ordered 1 cos someone said it tasted funny. so will try this and wait. thanks for that useful info. i hope i like it

1-2 teaspoons blended in well with powder shake (before adding liquid!!) is advisable. If you drop the husks straight into liquid without a good pre-mix, the husks may clump up into nasty gooey lumps which are unpleasant texture and taste wise.

I also wouldn't suggest putting it into a shake that is a 'soup'. I've tried it and ended up with a 'snot-soup'. Not very cute to eat at all!! :p

I would suggest making the shake quite thick (so a little less water than usual) like a porridge consistency. Mix quickly when adding water, then let it rest for a few minutes so that the psyllium can absorb the water a little bit... And be prepared for a little bit of a gooey porridge, rather than 'thick' like when adding starch. It's something to get used to, but it definitely does help with bulking up whatever needs bulking on the inside.

:)

I've found the psyllium capsules from Holland & Barrett pretty good too.

hey girls, i took delivery of my phylum husk this afternoon, i ordered yesterday from myprotein.com. that was quick! if i had the info about the capsules, maybe i would have considering the dreadful taste its meant to have. i will use it tmrw thoughand see how its goes. IT IS MASSIVE, a big bag!

Minerva said:
1-2 teaspoons blended in well with powder shake (before adding liquid!!) is advisable. If you drop the husks straight into liquid without a good pre-mix, the husks may clump up into nasty gooey lumps which are unpleasant texture and taste wise.

I also wouldn't suggest putting it into a shake that is a 'soup'. I've tried it and ended up with a 'snot-soup'. Not very cute to eat at all!! :p

I would suggest making the shake quite thick (so a little less water than usual) like a porridge consistency. Mix quickly when adding water, then let it rest for a few minutes so that the psyllium can absorb the water a little bit... And be prepared for a little bit of a gooey porridge, rather than 'thick' like when adding starch. It's something to get used to, but it definitely does help with bulking up whatever needs bulking on the inside.

:)

Hi minerva, I bought some too, ordered Tuesday as been experiencing a problem :) Tues, Wed, Thurs after work straight to the loo and success! Have started takimg it yet!!!
Thanks for sharing
Jc

Back