fibre plus bars !!!!

natasha1974

Silver Member
I had a fibre plus bar about 10 minutes ago and am now in agony major stomach cramps anyone else had this problem !!!

yeah never had one before i have found in the past few months certain foods eggs being one have the same affect think i'm gonna have to pay the doctors a visit. It's really painfull

i have been drinking lots of fluids in the last week as i have a water infection i did have a hifi bar this morning so maybe it is to much fibre i think i will be passing the bars on for the raffle at tommorows meeting

i have no peppermint tea but i think im gonna try a bath it's like being in labour the pains are coming in waves :cry:

i have been drinking lots of fluids in the last week as i have a water infection i did have a hifi bar this morning so maybe it is to much fibre i think i will be passing the bars on for the raffle at tommorows meeting

I definitely think it is worth mentioning to your GP, I had a similar and exceptionally painful phase of having the same thing but it was porridge that was causing it for me, I think the roughness of the oats was irritating my stomach. I am fine now, it was just a weird spell but it was fixed via some irritable bowel tablets.

Oh dear, sounds a bit like IBS. Too much fibre can be a trigger for some people, but I would have thought you would have a similar problem with hi-fi bars too. I have IBS, my triggers seem to be fresh pineapple and grapefruit, beetroot and eggs. Also seem to have a bit of a problem with too much bready stuff *sigh*

thankyou everyone for your help i'm gonna phone the doctors tommorow and get an appointment

I had this with fibre plus bars :(

I actually ate 2 in one day & woke that night in agony - I put a thread on here about it too!

It was a while ago though. I will still have them occasionally but definatly find they irritate my tummy. Make sure you drink plenty & by tomorrow morning you should be ok x

Back