fibre - urgent help please

AlexIce

Silver Member
Hi - I need fibre. I have just been to the health food shop and there were 3 different types - none seemed like the CD stuff. My mum won't be back til Sunday and by the time she gets back then gets to see the cdc I am going to be in big trouble again so I need some fibre this weekend.
Can anybody tell me which sorts of fibre the CD stuff is and what else it has in it. I need ingredients not brand names as I am in Spain and brand names will be different here.
Thanks folks!

Hi Alexice.
You could try Psyllium husks. they come in tablet form and can be taken with water.
Make sure you don't take if constipated as can make it worse.You need to clear the 'blockage' first with a laxative if constipated.
sorry to be graphic

Yes, I have had senna before. But I'm not sure if it is allowed either (sorry not to be much help!) It didn't knock me out of ketosis though, and I still lost a significant amount that week.

I hope you get sorted Alex. It's horrid when you are bunged up. Senna should get you moving though.

Good Luck hun x x x

No - I don't think Alex is saying she's bunged up - I think she's asking what's in Fibre 89/Fibresure etc. I think it's inulin but I'm not 100% sure.

Will keep looking and will post again if I find out.

Just found it - if it is Fibre 89 - it's definitely inulin - it's extracted from chicory roots.

Fibresure's the same stuff I believe.

Thanks so much for the help Suzie, Emma, Aloize, Jules! Much appreciated! I shall start looking up what the translations are and head to the shops tomorrow. I went to a health food shop earlier before posting but all the fibre they offered me had LOADS of calories too so I didn't get any.

ok dont know how you got on but this may help'inulin natural vegetable fibre supplement' extracted from chicory roots

nutrition info per 100gram:
energy kj = 505
kal = 120

protein = nil
carbs = 8.0 gram
of which sugars 8.0 gram

fat of which sats = nil
fibre = 89 gramsodium = nil

hope it helps

xx

Back