Fifty Shades of Shame.

Thank you!!! I was over 23st and did it with lighter life! I got to 12st had a bit of break, Got a tummy tuck done and my arms done (legs are in good shape due to exercise) my weight went up to 14st During the recovery process.

I then came to CD weighing 14st got down to 12.7 and had to stop because of personal stuff. But this time I was sensible and kept an eye on what I ate and I didn't put on weight (exercised a lot too). I did all this by the age of 19 btw lol I'm 20 now and need to get to 10st!! Once and for all

I have a lovely flat stomach and have got some love handles but I think all my weight is on my thighs, everyone says I look around 11st - they'd be shocked if I tell them the truth haha

Wow sorry to ramble on I just thought I'd explain a bit of myself to you :) I haven't actually told anyone on here this because I don't like showing off (believe it or not lol).

I dont have pictures on here because I didnt know about this site when I was first losing weight. I didn't have much support apart from my lovely mama :) xxx

OMG what a truly amazing story to read and at such young an age too . It feels so emotional.

Your mum sounds wonderful too to help and support you.

Join our christmas challenge if you want but i suspect you will reach target before xmas!

Congratulations and best of luck for your goal.

Did you have to get a tummy tuck and arms done because of losing so much weight?

Hey

This thread has really made me smile. I too have a long journey ahead of me if I'm to achieve beating my weight demons.

I'm now on day 21 and lost 18lbs to date. It's amazing how much a difference that has made to my body shape and I've gone from a size 24 to a size 20-22 in 3 weeks. Just take it a day at a time, hiccups will happen but it's getting back on the wagon and keeping going that will help you win this battle.

Going to be in this site for a long long time so I really would like to buddy up with you and share the ups and downs :)

This site has been such a godsend these last few weeks; the people on here are awesome and quite a few have achieved incredible results, it's inspiring.

Xxxx

this site is a godsend Iv never experienced support like it at any slimming groups Iv ever joined I know I wouldnt have come this far without minimins for sure!
hope your all having a good weekend x

Mo-Jo said:
this site is a godsend Iv never experienced support like it at any slimming groups Iv ever joined I know I wouldnt have come this far without minimins for sure!
hope your all having a good weekend x

I couldn't agree more! When I did WW I hated the smugness or the people who didn't seem to be taking it seriously. There is none of that here - I'm so grateful I found this site xx

MiniS,
Wow what an inspiration. Thanks for sharing. Weight loss journeys are a true test of our will and emotional strength. Only those who have gone through it can really understand. You must feel so strong and proud of what you've accomplished!!

Karrinnae,
Congratulations making it to day 4!
The shakes are becoming my favorite too......I'm partial to the vanilla.

I had to laugh at you comment about the movie theater hot dog. The popcorn is my weakness. Seemed not too long ago all you could buy at the movies was candy, popcorn, and drinks. Now days I chuckle at the 5 course meals people lug back to their seats.... nachos, chicken nuggets, hotdogs, giant pretzels, french fries, slushies, ice cream treats......etc....haha.... Seriously though some families spend a small fortune!

Any way, hope day 4 has sailed by. : )

Karrinnae said:
omg maggie did you have to mention all those foods lol

Nah I am still on Day 3 lol. I am just trying to make it to Day 4 thats all ! :)

oops!,,,ok so our days are synched up now. Lol
Day 3 for me too and 100%

My daughters mean the world to me as I am sure yours do to you.

My eldest has her engagement party on the 24th August. She told her sister "What is mum going to wear? Another black top and black pair of trousers??!!!" Her sister told me this. F never would as she is kind, thoughtful and would never hurt anyone.

P on the other hand tells it as it is.

"Mum! You have to do something! I hate! I hate it! I don't recognize you anymore! You have to lose weight! I worry that you are going to end up so fat that you will lose your job and will just be stuck to the sofa. One day it will be in the paper about how you have died and the ambulance men will have to hoist you out the house on a crane. It will be in all the newspapers! I will be so embarrassed! "

So........... for my own sake, as I need to face up to it.
And to spare P the embarrassment of my death being in the national press.

Lets begin again.

BTW P loves me just as much F she just has a different way of dealing with things :)

So here goes, I just have to do it this time.

First Day

My shake tastes so bad! And despite using a blender - lumpy! Hopefully the soup ones will taste better.

Hi luv I mix my shake in alittle cold water first, so it's like a paste, then I add more water to 250ml and stir, then add ice cubes if you want, I don't add cubes. I then use hand blender to really get all lumps out, to finish I use a smoothie maker. It really makes the shake creamy and fluffy, well worth investing in, if your on this for a while. I wasn't keen on shakes at first but now I love them. Just keep focused and I visualise myself slim all the time, that works for me.

Hey Karrinnae

I love my wine too and couldn't wait to get home from work on a Friday night and open that first bottle. But I remind myself all the time that wine is one of the main reasons I ended up on CD in the first place, lol!

Good luck with your weight loss journey. I'm sure you will find your fellow dieters a great support, no matter how much or how little they have to lose :)

CD is hard but the results are so worth it. Your 1st week's weigh-in will blow you away.

x

Day Three

Have stuck to it 100%

But suddenly feel very sad. Tearful.
How did I let myself get to this. How did I get so bad that I can't even eat.

It's my summer holidays - I'm a teacher- I look forward to this time all year.

This is gonna be the worse summer ever.

Have decided to go to bed and read as I am so bored , so low and hungry :(

Hopefully tomorrow my mood will brighten

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Karrinnae said:
Day Three

Have stuck to it 100%

Aww..... Karrinnae I hope you have a good night sleep and see things differently tomorrow.

I couldn't empathise with you more. I have spent most of my summer vacation depressed about how heavy I am.. In fact, I went on a wonderful trip abroad at my heaviest weight in years......mind you this time last year I was at my highschool weight of 130lbs. (I'm 45 yrs old) Talk about depressing!

NOW, I have just decided to take a deep breath and look ahead to next summer. You can do the same. We can suck it up and do what it takes to loose the weight and enjoy all summers to come or we can find ourselves weighing the same or more next year.

Just think of this summer as the year you decided to change your life. Embrace it and you will be at you goal weight for next summer. You can spend all winter planning your holidays and your summer wardrobe : )

I hope I haven't come across too harsh....I've been really inspired by watching all the Olympians and everything they've been through...

By the way, Congrats to London and all of the UK for hosting so fabulously ! (envious from the US)

Karrinnae said:
Day Three

Have stuck to it 100%

I hope you slept well and are feeling better today - day 3 was the hardest day for me too (if we don't count yesterday and all the god damn temptation!) After that I turned a corner and got a lot more positive, hopefully you will too :)

I've stuck a photo of me looking horrifically fat 2 months ago next to a picture of me when i was 11 stone on my son's treat cupboard....and the fridge...and my desk at work!! It helps to remind me why I'm putting myself through this hell.

Keep with it - your first WI will give you a much needed boost and just think you're half way there :)

Karrinnae, well done on making the leap. You will not regret it!! I'm excited for you to have your first weigh in as I bet you'll do great!

I'm on iPhone so it's difficult to quote others therefore I'll just echo everything everyone else has said. Also, it's normal to feel weepy. Don't underestimate this journey as life changing because that is what it is and there are bound to be tears along the way. I started six weeks ago roughly and found that after week two I actually didn't care less about food. Not married but have a flatmate who enjoys takeaways. Actually got to the stage that I was sniffing her food wrappers and emailing her asking what she had for lunch lol! It wasn't torturing myself as at that point I wasn't hungry or craving. It was just enjoying food without actually eating it haha! I had a planned deviation last weekend for my birthday- right off plan for five days and let me tell you- so not worth it!!! I'm now back on track but getting here was as difficult as the very first week. Power through these difficulties and you'll be on top of the world!

My tips for when things get hard- pamper yourself. Stock up on bubble bath,face masks, body cream....make this a journey about improving all of you- not just your weight... Take yourself in to that bubble bath with a good book, look at websites that show those lovely clothes you haven't been able to wear for years... Because by your summer holidays next year you'll be looking and feeling great.

You don't know it at the moment but I promise you that you will look back on this summer break as the BEST you ever had because it changed your life! Big hugs and support from me.... And when it gets difficult come here! You're among friends and everyone knows what it's like x

Morning Hun,

As with all the above I truly hope you a feeling better today! I think thinking about how great next summer will be should be a fantastic motivation! Granted things are crappy at the minute but if it was all easy we wouldnt want or appreciate it so much! We will get there - step by step and I will be here for you all along the way! Chin up and just get in touch if you need to chat xxxx

Day 4

Thank you for all the kind words. Couldnt sleep last night - kept turning and tossing and dreaming of a sunday breakfast! Woke up to see all the lovely comments of support here - thank you so very much.

Had a shake and trying to get through the day :)

Bless you hunny - keep strong! you have to remember all the things that are getting you down at the minute are all the reasons you have to stick to this! it will be so worth it in the end! and yes its going to take time but you are on day 4!!! the hardest part has got to be over! are you in Ketosis yet? mine kicked in day four and I am feeling great today! bumped into my CDC earlier in Morrisons (Shopping list of Ice and Water! lol and this is all I walked out with!) and she said she thought I looked fantastic!

I think we just need to accept that this is how things are going to be for a while, but remember its not forever! the more you stick to the plan now the easier and faster the weight will come off and before you know it we will be eating actual food again but good stuff that we are going to enjoy and appreciate so much more!!! Have a good day! I am around all day now if you need to chat xx

hey good afternoon!
you'll be full of energy soon , I hated that not being able to sleep thing .try to have your last shake a bit earlier maybe?.
after a bit you will have so much energy buzzing about doing stuff in the day that you will sleep like a log:)
well done on reaching day 4 btw your over the worse now and it will be weigh day before you know it....a diet with a weigh day you actualy look forward to is quite something eh lol
x

Back