Fighting fit for Fifty... My journey this year.

Morning Dabster. How are you today? all bright and sunny here apart from the massive row going on in out community. hey ho.

Hi Emma, Jackie et al.

A busy day today, been to Nottingham to the Spinal Clinic.. About 5 hours of driving, I'm kn****red !!

Andy has missed his last two appointments as he has been in hospital most of the time. They were pleased that all the rods and screws were all in the right place so that was very good news. Unfortunately he has another vertebra in his upper back which was damaged by the Myeloma so they are giving him another MRI scan to assess the damage then they might give him some 'Cement' to sort it out.

He sat in the front of the car which was brilliant as I thought he would be in the back with the sick bowl!!

We stopped at macdonalds on the way home as he said he fancied one of those 99p chicken burgers so we both had one with a small portion of chips...:break_diet:

Back settled in at home now.

Food for today

BREAKFAST

Multi seed toast/ lighter clover ? syns
Banana

(Mid morning after driving to Notts).
Hot cross bun / lighter clover ? Syns

LUNCH

MD's Chicken Burger/ chips ? A zillion syns
Some peanuts oh dear...

DINNER

Don't think I should have any lol!! Trouble is when you have a high carb intake as I have today then you get so hungry and the viscous cycle begins.. It's also been a very worrying/anxious day and that can make you crave for food so I can see where and why I am going wrong.

I think I'll have what I fancy and draw a line under today and start again tomorrow. :D:D

After the day you've had I think that maybe having what you fancy is well deserved.

Take care and don't put too much pressure on yourself as you will do it when the time is right for you :)

Morning Dabster. How are you today? all bright and sunny here apart from the massive row going on in our community. hey ho.

Evening Bev

Massive Row ?? Are you involved in it or an onlooker ?
Involved unfortunately. I'm on t'committee that are battling with the president (chairman) and I'm also the auditor. Lost (untraceable) money and a president who would give Hitler a good run for his money.

Evening Dabster x

Glad Andy's appointment went pretty well and that he coped well with the journey x

Forget the food for today hun...it was just one day and won't hurt in the grand scheme of things x

When will you people learn about the rules of medicinal food?
It's very simple.

This was on the way back from the hospital, therefore definitely part of medical treatment, therefore free.
Obviously.
I don't know.... What do they teach kids these days...?

When will you people learn about the rules of medicinal food?
It's very simple.

This was on the way back from the hospital, therefore definitely part of medical treatment, therefore free.
Obviously.
Absolutely, 100% part of the treatment. So make sure you add this to the rules. If you can't find it in the book, just add in large letters to pagde 1!

I don't know.... What do they teach kids these days...?
Ow not 2 reed n rite proper - like! :8855:

Mind you, poor old Dabs hasn't got a SW book so perhaps she's got an excuse.

You can't reed n rite proper wivout a buk to lurn them thar rools!

Last edited:
Aha!! I have indeedy now got me a book!!!! :woohoo::banana dancer::greenapple:

I went to my first class this morning they were all very nice and made me feel :):welcome2:

I had a terrible shock when I went on the scales and they revealed my weight..:cry::needhug::eek:

Andy was feeling ok so I left the house at 8am, went for a swim and then joined the class at 9.30. I did 15 lengths of the pool so I was quite pleased with that as I have got so out of shape and zero fitness these days...

I really do have to knuckle down and lose this weight as I am so unhealthy.. I have a lovely new Orange book and it will be my bible. I have seen on here how it can be done by reading the diaries ie, Dawn, Sarah, Steve, Emma and others I follow.

I plan to be more active and get cracking on the exercise front. oh and I have to drink more water as I have stopped putting it on my calender... So I am going to start that again

Food today..

BREAKFAST

2 X Banana's

LUNCH

Bacon
Eggs
Tomatoes
Mushrooms
W/M Bread HEX B

Greek 0% yogurt

DINNER

SW Spaghetti bolognese

Snacks

Carrot
Tangerine
Coffee HEX A

Last edited:
Yay to joining group and the swimming :) My book comes everywhere with me, I walk round ASDA with it in my hand OH goes mad lol xx

Aha!! I have indeedy now got me a book!!!! :woohoo::banana dancer::greenapple:

I went to my first class this morning they were all very nice and made me feel :):welcome2:
Yay - Dabsters got a book.
Don't forget you can also use online for free if you register which gives you access to loads of recipes and the syns database.

I'm off the air now for 10 days - off later to sort out problems at our apartment and then on holiday for a week from Saturday.

So stick with it chica and I'll see you when I get back.

So I presume your new book has got all the necessary information about food & drink being syn free when used for purely medicinal purposes?

Yay - Dabsters got a book.
Don't forget you can also use online for free if you register which gives you access to loads of recipes and the syns database.

I'm off the air now for 10 days - off later to sort out problems at our apartment and then on holiday for a week from Saturday.

So stick with it chica and I'll see you when I get back.

Thanks Bev Have a nice holiday...

Back