Fighting fit for Fifty... My journey this year.

I see we have another wet, miserable day in Lincolnshire :( so much for taking the dogs for a walk on the beach at Mablethorpe today :(:(

Hope you have a lovely Mothers Day Dawn xx

Yes... It's miserable here near the coast. I live about 4 miles from Mablethorpe and am off there in the next hour or so to visit my mum. I won't be going on the beach though, in fact when you live there you very rarely do. I used to have a flat across the road from the beach and never went on the beach! In those days though I used to run on the prom every morning to Sutton On Sea and I used to work in the Tourist Information Centre on the Front looking at the sea all day so I suppose I'd seen enough lol....
Happy Mother's day to you too.

Dabster - I just make a cheese sauce with milk (HexA), 30g full fat cheese (HexB) per person and thicken with cornflour (1 level tsp = 1 syn) mixed into a little milk. I use about 2 tsp for ½ pt milk.

Ok it doesn't taste quite so nice as being made with butter but a perfectly acceptable alternative if you're pouring over other tasty stuff.

Sounds lovely....

Dawn

Hope you had a lovely day!

Po xxx

Thanks Po.. I did thank you.. We went to my mums then to the cemetery to put flowers on Andy's mums memorial stone. Then we went to the garden Centre... Then home for lunch. We sowed a few trays of seeds in the greenhouse and cut some soap. I then made a SW friendly Beef Curry and whilst that was cooking I had a bash at making the SW Pizza (Free if you use a HEXA.) It was suprisingly good! I'll post a pic later..

Do you have a diary Po? If so let me know and I'll pop in and say hello...

Today's food

BREAKFAST

35g porridge HEXB
Mullerlight FF

LUNCH

Tinned Mackerel in Tom Sauce FF
Mixed salad SF
Cous Cous FF

Tangerine SF

DINNER

Beef Curry FF
Rice FF

SNACKS

SW PIZZA HEXA

NO SYNS today and it's Mother's Day !!

I didn't really need them as I had plenty to eat. I had a go at the SW instant mash Pizza and it was really easy to make and a very good substitute for the real thing. I follow EE and always use my HEXA & HEXB for my morning cereal. I have found that If I use FF yogurt for my morning cereal then I can save my HEXA for my cheese on the Pizza. I only had a small piece as I was full up from the curry.

Half of this pizza is HEXA

IMG_0316.JPG

Last edited:
That pizza looks yum! I must give it a go one day!

Morning Dawn, i hope you have a lovely day xx

My positives for the day are:-

1) The sun is shining
2) I am getting the hang of SW (Yayyy.... - I think !)
3) I am looking forward to going to see my lovely Leanne next week.
4) For some unknown reason, I haven't even thought about chocolate :eek::eek: I was reading Sarah's thread and it reminded me that I had given it up for Lent. I don't miss it, I wouldn't even want it if It was offered to me. What have you done with me, the real me has gone missing lol and has been replaced by an imposter ;)

You'll be ok, Spud.
It's the excitement of the first flush of really getting your head around SW and it starting to work.
I promise you, you'll be back craving chocolate soon enough!

Incidentally, I had an "I saw this and thought of you" moment yesterday, when I was in M&S: they've got Chocolate Spuds!

You'll be ok, Spud.
It's the excitement of the first flush of really getting your head around SW and it starting to work.
I promise you, you'll be back craving chocolate soon enough!

Incidentally, I had an "I saw this and thought of you" moment yesterday, when I was in M&S: they've got Chocolate Spuds!

Now yer talkin' :D:D

Er... or not.. actually thinking about it.. sounds yuk!!

Afternoon.................where has all the sunshine gone?

do you have visitors to your workshop or is it just internet and outlets?

Afternoon.................where has all the sunshine gone?

do you have visitors to your workshop or is it just internet and outlets?

Hi Dawn

No visitors as it's not a retail outlet. It really is a workshop.. Boxes and Product info folders and melting tanks, wooden moulds, Cutters, etc. There's hardly any room for me lol... I sell on the internet, craft fairs and some outlets, ie visitor attractions, small shops etc. I used to have my products in Tattershall Farm Park but it was too far for me to visit regularly to stock them up.

Evening Dabster - your food is looking scrummy!

Just be a tad careful though about having pizza as a snack. I know the constituents are all free but it really classes as a 3rd meal! Snacks should be superfree - which obviously does not include potatoes.

I know you haven't had any syns on the 2 days you've had the pizza but . . . it might just have an effect on your weight loss this week.

It may not though, as the rest of the week your food has looked ok.

Evening Dabster - your food is looking scrummy!

Just be a tad careful though about having pizza as a snack. I know the constituents are all free but it really classes as a 3rd meal! Snacks should be superfree - which obviously does not include potatoes.

I know you haven't had any syns on the 2 days you've had the pizza but . . . it might just have an effect on your weight loss this week.

It may not though, as the rest of the week your food has looked ok.

Thanks Bev

You are quite right about pizza as a snack.. I do agree, I really only made it as a trial as I'd made a curry for dinner. I have just used it up as Andy didn't want it and I don't like waste. One thing I didn't realise though was that snacks should be superfree, I thought I could have things like wafer thin ham.
Anyway, it's certainly food for thought:)

I used to have ham with a thin spread of philly light as snacks Dawnie. Thinks its just about being careful and seeing what works for you. Would think the ham is harmless the pizza if eaten daily as a snack would of course affect weightloss but doubt ham will. if that ramble made any sense :D

:wavey: oh good morning :D xxxxxxxxxxxx

Yay well done Dawn! xx

Back