Filling breakfasts?

supergabs

I'm on Extra Easy and need some extra filling breakfast ideas.
Eggs, bacon, slice of wholemeal and tomatoes keeps me going til about 11am but I would like to vary it a bit.
Can anyone suggest anything else?

How about adding beans, mushrooms and a low syn sausage? Sainsburys cumberland ones are 0.5 each. Vary how you do your eggs, so scrambled, fried (fry light) poached.

You could also try a breakfast fritatta. Slice some potatoes and par boil, like you would for SW chips. Cook whatever filling you want. I really like bacon / ham, mushrooms, spinach. Mixed this in with potatoes and layer in over dish pour over the eggs and top with HEXA cheese (if you like) and cook in oven till set. Yummy and great cut up cold kept in fridge for snacking.

I'm on Extra Easy and need some extra filling breakfast ideas.
Eggs, bacon, slice of wholemeal and tomatoes keeps me going til about 11am but I would like to vary it a bit.
Can anyone suggest anything else?

Have a look at the 'what's for breakfast' thread-there are literally thousands of ideas on there x

I find fage 0% total fat free yoghurt ( about 125 grams) mixed with a banana, blueberries, raspberries etc and a HexB breakfast cereal keeps me going till lunch time. That particular yoghurt is very thick and high in protein and seems to keep me full much longer than muller or activia. You can add any fruit you like. If you use porridge oats or alpen as your HexB you can mix it in the yoghurt the night before and it will be very thick and yumificicent by brekkie time. also, don't e afraid to snack on something mid morning . Grapes with more yoghurt or some raw veggies are good.
Your stats are similar to my starting stats. We're in this for the long haul so like you, I understand that it's important to find go-to- favourites and have lots of variety to keep us from getting bored.!! really good luck on your journey. You're doing great xx

I find porridge keeps me really full. Quite often I'll make up some magic porridge (mix porridge oats with a muller light and leave in the fridge for an hour or so until the oats take on the yogurt and become rich and creamy), and have it with a sliced banana and a handful of mixed berries stirred through. This keeps me going until about 12.30 when I'll have a light lunch, and then dinner at around 6pm.

no they are free but they are veggie sausages... i love them and theres a few meat eaters on here who love them aswell :) xx

Me. I eat meat and love the rosemary and red onion lmc sausages. I haven't worked out which low syn meat sausages are which so just go for these and find them tasty. (however I used to be a veggie)

Me. I eat meat and love the rosemary and red onion lmc sausages. I haven't worked out which low syn meat sausages are which so just go for these and find them tasty. (however I used to be a veggie)

I'm a meat eater and I love the LM rosemary and red onion sausages too. However, they don't go with everything i.e. I wouldn't eat them for breakfast because for me, their flavour is really too much for breakfast time (if you get what I mean). To me they're more of a dinner sausage - I usually have them for sunday lunch. 3 sausages served with mustard mash, roasted red onions and mushrooms and usually carrots and leeks or some other veg. For breakfasts I prefer "proper" sausages, and tend to have Weight Watchers' Premium Pork Sausages which are only half a Syn each.

I'm a meat eater and I love the LM rosemary and red onion sausages too. However, they don't go with everything i.e. I wouldn't eat them for breakfast because for me, their flavour is really too much for breakfast time (if you get what I mean). To me they're more of a dinner sausage - I usually have them for sunday lunch. 3 sausages served with mustard mash, roasted red onions and mushrooms and usually carrots and leeks or some other veg. For breakfasts I prefer "proper" sausages, and tend to have Weight Watchers' Premium Pork Sausages which are only half a Syn each.

Sadly I can eat anything at any time of the day including curry for breakfast or cereal for dinner if the fancy takes me. Possible why I became overweight!!! I had them in the homey pie recipe that I found on here somewhere, and they were fab. (basically a pie dish lined with mash and onion, then sausages propped up so they pop out of the top, beans layered over the mash, an egg broken on top with black pepper and cheese grated over the top. Then cooked in the oven till crispy and egg cooked through. Yummy and the lmc sausages were great as they have a strong flavour so carried the other, fairly bland ingredients.

Sadly I can eat anything at any time of the day including curry for breakfast or cereal for dinner if the fancy takes me. Possible why I became overweight!!! I had them in the homey pie recipe that I found on here somewhere, and they were fab. (basically a pie dish lined with mash and onion, then sausages propped up so they pop out of the top, beans layered over the mash, an egg broken on top with black pepper and cheese grated over the top. Then cooked in the oven till crispy and egg cooked through. Yummy and the lmc sausages were great as they have a strong flavour so carried the other, fairly bland ingredients.

My goodnes, you must have a strong stomache to eat that lol! Not my cup of tea at all. But, each to their own :)

I used to just sleep for longer and then grab a couple of hifi lights but today I actually bothered to get up. Toasted two slices wholemeal (HEX B) with 2 frylighted eggs and some fried mushrooms and my god has the day been easier! x

I've put the Linda M sausages on my shopping list for Saturday and I'm definitely going to try the oats mixed with Muller Light. Thanks folks :thankyou:

think lm does 3 diff kind of veggie sausages... i havent tasted the italian or the other ones but the red onion ones(free) are amaze :D xx
I find the original ones very dry and not sausage like at all, definitely not worth the syns in my opinion (2 each) I had the Italian ones before SW, veryvery rich!

Back