finally a diagnosis for my wrist....

Lexie2005

5:2 lover
I ended up at our out of hours docs clinic at the hospital today in tears after nearly having to have my nans engagement ring cut off as my fingers had swelled to around 50% more than normal & my wrist being more painful than it has been since it started over 3 weeks ago. The Doc was so lovely & has diagnosed it finally. I need a cortisone injection so need to make some calls tomorrow as I have private healthcare through work so hopefully will get the jab this week... Its so frustrating though as normal life is difficult, worst part being its agont to wipe my arse :eek: Oh & it means no wii fit boxing either

DeQuervain's Tenosynovitis | Wrist Tendonitis

Sorry to hear that you had to have your nans ring cut off but yey to having a diagnoses for it finally :)

X

Sent from my iPhone so excuse the typos

No Lea I said nearly, I would have been devastated if I had done! Feels so strange as I have worn it since the day after she passed away 10 years ago, think I will put it on a chain round my neck tomorrow, feel safe when I have it on.....

Mmm I had that with my youngest son.. For mths.. But no swelling thank goodness.. I also tend to sleep with my wrist curled in tight which causes same wrist soreness.. I wore a tube grib at night, but only one layer not double.. I used double in the day.. Took 2 week to go.. Also used comprey cream.. Am now more aware of how I sleep with my hand

They said its common with new mums from lifting the baby! I hope mine passes soon as I've had it nearly 4 weeks now.....

Sometimes they can give you a splint to wear x

And there is a surgical option if the injections don't work x

I work in NHS and work for a hand surgeon x

Back