Finally found my motivation

Satine79

Hi all ✋ after months of comfort/binge eating and piling on loads of weight after a couple of weeks in hospital I am pleased to say I've finally stopped burying my head in the sand and decided to tackle my growing weight problem. I've been on slimfast for nearly three weeks now. Started at 13st 6lbs and have lost 8lbs over the past two weeks still got over three stone to lose so going to be a while on the slimfast yet. Just thought I'd say hi to everyone and hopefully find some support for the days when I struggle.

Welcome and good luck with your weight loss journey :)

After four weeks on slimfast I have managed to lose 14lbs ? loving seeing the numbers on the scales go down, still got a long way to go yet but ready to finally battle my bulge

Only lost 1lb again this week ? feel so disappointed really struggling now, need to be losing 2lb a week to reach target before daughters christening, hope I see better results next week

Are you drinking the recommended amount of water?? Because if I don't drink enough I find my weight loss slow, also make sure you eat you allowance of calories, cutting out snacks or having lower calorific value meals means your body goes into starvation mode, we often think the fewer calories the more we loose but it's not that simple, also how much have you got to loose? If its not a lot your weight losses will be slower.
Keep going it will come off, although I understand your frustration, think we've all been there at some point x
Let your losses so far spur you on x

Wow well done on your amazing losses so far! your doing brilliantly.
And losing a 1lb is better than staying the same or heaven for bid gaining.
just think if you lost a 1lb every week for 14 weeks you'd weigh a stone less, 14 weeks may feel like a long time, but isn't it worth the wait? for a lifetime of happyness.
try not to be so hard on your self. You have already acheived what i keep failing to do :(
x

Six weeks ago today I started slimfast, time for my weigh in this morning and was amazed to see I've lost 5lbs this week :) that's 20lbs so far :) really pleased to see a big loss after a couple of weeks of just losing 1lb, guess drinking the 2 litres of water really does make a difference.

I always find drinking water aids my weight loss. And if u look into the health benefits of drinking water u would be amazed.
75% of headaches are due to dehydration!
Being fully hydrated kick starts your lymphatic circulation so flushes toxins out of the body that impares the body ability to work effectively, also reducing water retention. It aids digestion too flushing the waste and transporting nutrients.
Simetimes it can be abit of a chore to drink but well worth it!
Keep up the good work you are doing amazing x

I really like no added sugar apple and black current squash with fizzy water try it it's like drinking pop

Week 7 and dropped another 2lbs :) didn't expect to lose this week cos its totm so very happy today

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Same here Hun, I wonder if we will have a good loss next week ? I've been 100 % resisted the urge to eat crap and I've drunk loads of water x

That dreaded weigh in this morning and do happy I've lost 4lbs this week :) 26lbs after 8weeks :) words can't express how happy I feel.

Well done satine79. Do u mind me asking what ur starting weight was? I started last Thursday & would love it if I lost that in 8 weeks. How r u finding it?

Hi again just noticed this was your original thread. I started not far off your weight so fingers crossed. I bet you feel great I'd love to get bk in the 11s.

That is fantastic!!!! Well done you are amazing, it's not easy loosing weight and you are doing it, just shows what we can do when we put our minds to it!
Keep up the good work, only 2 lb off 2 stone : big hug :

It'll be a amazing feeling when I drop another 2lbs and reach the 2stone. It's not been easy, there are days where I really struggle not to comfort eat, got a lot of stuff going on with family and the only way I usually cope with stress is reaching for the chocolate. So pleased that I've managed to stay focused this time, I'm actually enjoying the exercise that I'm doing and know that this time it isn't going to be a quick fix, got to change old habits and be a good role model to my kids. This forum helps a lot and I'd be lost without my fitness pal, thanks for all your support and well done for all your losses so far :)

Back