Finally got down to my weight goal. question.

Ozeck

OK so around a year ago i was a size 38 waist and i decided to go on a diet to get it down to what i used to be which was 32/34.
I have finally got down to a size 32 which i am happy with but still have a little bit of a belly. I have also gone from nearly 13 stone to 9.8 stone

Now i done all this on a diet of around 1500 calories maybe less sometimes and most of the time i was watching what i was eating but sometimes i didn't really stick to the healthy options but still sticked to the 1500 calories a day and done it with no exercise other than going for the odd walk around my village.

I have now decided to get some small weights and try and build some muscle in my arms at home as i don't have much due to an accident a few years ago and was advised no to lift anything heavy for the first year so i lost a bit of muscle (didn't have much anyway though).

My question is now that i have got to my desired jean size should i eat more calories if i am going to try and strengthen my arms or should it still be ok on the amount i am eating at the moment?
I ask this because i don't want to start eating more calories to compensate for the small lifting just to put more weight on and go up a jean size again as i have just bought a load of new jeans Ha ha ha.
I did read on another site that 1500 calories isn't enough and i won't build any muscle but that was a bodybuilding website and i obviously don't want to be as big as them i just want to strengthen my arms and actually have it look like i got some muscle not just really thin arms.

Thank you for your time.

It's more about what you eat too, how many hours your training. A good clean diet with quality protein and complex carbs is the way to go. Only eat what calories are advised for your weight then work out how many calories you have used in exercise and only eat back those to avoid putting on weight/fat. Remember lean tissue weights exactly the same as fat.. It's just dense.

Back