Finally got round to putting some pics on my gallery!

JustJo

Cambridge Counsellor
It wasn't as hard to figure out as I thought it would be. :rolleyes:

Jo x

wow Jo, you look great! its an insparation to see that you've maintained aswell, just shows that there is hope! x

Wow :eek:! You look like a completely different person! Much younger :)

Well done :) And good to know maintaining isn't impossible!
xxxx

Omg you look so different, you have done fantastic and are proof that you can keep it off !!!

Aww, thanks everyone - you've made my day. :)

I guess after two years i'm fairly used to the 'new me' now, and i'm kind of embarrassed by what I used to look like. I'm in no way an 'ideal' maintainer, as I have to include Cambridge packs relatively often to keep undoing damage done over holidays, Christmas, etc, but at least i've kept the weight off, and that's the main thing!

Jo x

Wow - thats amazing!! Well done hope you have treat yourself to loads of new outfits!

Thank you so much for posting Jo - the difference between the your before and after is astounding.

It is really comforting to know that you have and are maintaining your new figure as it is something I do worry about :eek:. And as for still having packs I think the yellow book says continuing to have a diet a day helps with maintenance - I know when I am done I will be still wanting to have my nightly 1/2 litre of chocolate orange milkshake :D - after that I will be to full to want to raid the biscuit tin lol!!

Thanks, vc. :) I've certainly bought rather a lot of new outfits! I've become quite addicted to shopping now, as i'm still constantly amazed by trying stuff on and thinking, "Wow, I look really slim in this!" :eek:

Ruth: ohh, thank you - that's very kind. :) I sometimes feel a bit of a fraud, as i'm not maintaining 'normally', as maintainers like Karion do - her self-control amazes me, so I guess she's my inspiration of where i'd eventually like my mindset to be. I tend to stick to low-carb/low-gi a lot during the week, as 'bad' carbs trigger me into eating the wrong things. I have a Cambridge bar for lunch whilst at work, and eat salads, etc, in the evenings. I then allow myself to indulge a little at weekends. As I said though, holidays/Christmas/special occasions still semm to be a green light for me to go mad. However much I tell myself that i'm not going to do that this time, I can't seem to get out of the cycle. So, I usually wind up back on ss for a few weeks afterwards.

It's funny, as my friends think i'm amazing, and tell me that I have more willpower than anyone they've ever met, yet I still feel guilty when they say this, as I know that I haven't yet completely sorted out my bad relationship with food, so certainly don't consider myself to be 'amazing'. I do try to remind myself that I should be proud of my achievements, but the heart of me doesn't really take it on board. I am very happy however that i've kept the weight off! Maintaining is much harder than losing the weight in the first place was for me, so at least i've muddled my way through it and am still wearing my 'slim' clothes!

Jo x

Jo x

Back