Finally had the Quorn Steaks!

Discussion in 'Weight Watchers' started by Starlight, 6 July 2007 Social URL.

1. Starlight

Starlight Gold Member

Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    Ive only had them in the fridge for about 10 days and as they were fast approaching the sell by date I thought I better use them.

They definitely get the thumbs up! 2 good sized 'steaks' with a pepper seasoning (dont I sound like a food reviewer lol) and only 1.5 points each!!

Ive been looking at Tesco.com and they have a stack of Quorn products, I think Ill start working my way through the list ;)

Definitely worth a try - Im now officially a Quorn convert

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Marie_D

Marie_D Gold Member

Really?! I was expecting you to say they were nasty- or at least just 'ok', but as they've got the thumbs up I think I might give them a try! Do they taste anything at all like proper steak?

4. Starlight

Starlight Gold Member

Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    Nahhh not really, they have a different texture to steaks but if you forget thats what theyre called theyre really nice lol

Im going to try the chicken dippers, chicken fillets and sausage rolls next :)

5. Marie_D

Marie_D Gold Member

Ooh, get you! You'll be changing your username to 'starquorn' next! Lol!

6. Starlight

Starlight Gold Member

Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    Hmmm thats an idea... or maybe have 'Sponsored by Quorn' added to my signature :giggle:

7. Starlight

Starlight Gold Member

Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    lol I was going to have Quorn bolognese for dinner but decided to have burgers, beans and chips instead.... Quorn burgers ofcourse ;)

8. Marie_D

Marie_D Gold Member

Ooh, what were they like? And more importantly - how many points?!

9. Starlight

Starlight Gold Member

Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    They were actually very tasty and only 2.5 points each :) I had a wee tin of WW beans with them and some LF chips - total 7.5points for the whole meal :)

10. Marie_D

Marie_D Gold Member

Hmm, to be honest I think I'll stick with the tesco h/l burgers if I ever fancy one - they are REALLY tasty and the same amount of points.

So my little quorn guinea pig, what are you testing for me next? Lol

11. Starlight

Starlight Gold Member

Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    The thing I really liked about the Quorn burgers tho was I did them in my George Foreman grill and not a single solitary drop of fat came off them!

Im thinking of the chicken dippers and chicken fillets next, although if you do see anything on Tesco.com youd like included in my trials do let me know lol ;)

12. Bethany246

Bethany246 Banned

Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    Hi Starlight
    Never had quorn stakes but had pork apple burgers ive seen the grill steals in quorn with some kind of seasoning on

Thanks

13. Bethany246

Bethany246 Banned

Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    Hi Marie
    Those tesco healthy living quarter pounders are really tasty and thick and the best part is that no fat comes out i usually have a burger with small breadcake and then a burger with a little bit of relish then salad it is really nice

Reccomend the healthy living burgers

Thanks

14. Marie_D

Marie_D Gold Member

If you could test the chicken style pieces for me then that'd be great, then I'll know if they'd be ok in a curry or not. I'll have a look for quorn products when I order my tesco.com shop during the week and I'll let you know what I fancy (aka what you need to try, lol!!!) ;)

15. Bethany246

Bethany246 Banned

Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    Have you tried the quorn sausages i have but was not keen .

Theres all sorts you can get in quorn but cant remember all there is AHH just remembered there is quorn Lasagne
    Cottage pie
    you can even get cooked meats in quorn kike chicken or ham

Thanks

16. cd121272

cd121272 Silver Member

Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    I've only tried the quorn tesco things was not too keen mind you it was only the sausages and OH said they tasted like rubber lol

Have still got the hot dog sausages that I brought months ago and not tried any of the other yet. The Mince quorn tesco that I have says you have to cook it in water is that right or can you just shove it straight in a chilli?????

17. Marie_D

Marie_D Gold Member

The quorn I get just get's cooked in the sauce. Heat the sauce up, stick the quorn in straight from the freezer and simmer for 15 minutes...all done! I've never tried the tesco one but I'd assume it could be done the same?

I forgot you had those hotdog sausages! I remember you saying you got them at the time. Don't worry about trying them, we'll get Starlight to taste them first and if she doesn't like them then we'll know not to bother, hahahahaha!!!

Starlight is now the official quorn tester :)

18. Avatar

MiniMins.com Advert

19. Starlight

Starlight Gold Member

Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    Noooo I draw the line at hotdog sausages... theyre revolting!!

When Im cooking bolognese I just bung the Quorn in the wok and mix it with the sauce.... and since I AM the official Quorn tester - well that must be right :giggle:

20. bakerfa

bakerfa Silver Member

Diet:
    LL then CD then WLR!
    I've been veggie nearly 20 years & always find that Quorn gives me bad wind but the Linda McCartney ones don't. If you're trying stuff give the LM sausages a whirl. They're lovely!

21. cd121272

cd121272 Silver Member

Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    I wont open my hot dog sausages then lol they have been in the freezer since I brought them eeerrrrr (2 months ago) the sausages where bad enough so never dared open them and try lol

Thanks for that will try the LM ones

22. Bethany246

Bethany246 Banned

Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    Hi Clair
    I have hered that you soak it overnight to keep the taste in hun but when i do a chilli i usually spray the pan with frylight then when it is more or less bron i start adding the onion and peppers or what you want to put in i have never used water for my mince i dry fry it .
    But if you want supose you could put it straight into chilli dont think it will matter hun
    Hope this has helped

Thanks
    Best wishes

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.