Finally taking the plunge :)

just_angie

Hi everyone :)

My name's Angie, I'm 21 and have just graduated from university. I've always been overweight, but put on about 2 stone during university. I've spent the past two hours looking at posts on here and have been really inspired - I want to change!

I'm 5"11 and about 14.7 stone, and a size 16. Calorie counting is the best type of diet for me - I've tried lots of others but feel in control when calorie counting and it can be quite fun sometimes!!

So, as of tomorrow I will be starting my diet...I've already made a long list of foods and their calories along with some low calorie meal plans (I'm vegetarian). I'm also going to go to my local gym on Friday and book an induction.

I'm not only fed up of feeling hideous in comparison to my friends, but of being out of breath after walking up stairs or hills, so I want to get fitter in this process too.

Thanks for reading :) I guess it's always easier to write down your progress, even if not many people read this!

Here's a picture of me at my graduation ball, hopefully the next ball I go to I'll have a lower dress size and won't be wearing magic knickers :D

W6kGw.jpg

Last edited:
There's nothing wrong with magic knickers :) if I can't take my spanx along then I just won't go pmsl ;) welcome to the CC forum and best of luck with your goals!! You have a lovely approach to this an I'm sure you'll do fine xx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Welcome! :)

That photo is lovely, you look more like a 12 than a 16

Wow thanks - the joys of being tall...although if you saw my friends that had been cut out of that picture then I'd probably look like a size 20 in comparison!! I've always felt like I've been really heavy, I have had friends who might be the same size as me but 2 stone lighter, which then makes me feel like maybe I'm being delusional haha.

I've just woken up, about to head down to make some breakfast..maybe a smoothie!

I'm making a tagine tonight for my parents so am going to research some low cal recipes :)

Wow, you look great! Deffo don't look like a size 16! Good luck hun :)

Thanks Bostik :) I can't believe you've lost 2 stone in 2 months - that's brilliant! I'll head over to your diary in a sec!

I've just taken measurements so I'll post them here.

Chest - 38
Waist - 36
Hips - 45
Thigh - 26
Lower leg - 17
Upper arm - 12
Lower arm - 10
Neck - 14

I'm bidding on a crosstrainer on ebay - would be great to have one right here in my house (and not have to go all the way to the gym...ha the irony!).

Haha the joys of being tall. I'm with you on that one!
I'm five ten and when I was a sixteen people didn't believe me, and now I'm a 10/12 they still don't! They think I'm smaller because of my height.
Good luck on your journey, CCing is a great way to lose weight and it deffo worked for me!
It's more of a lifestyle change really, as I still count everything and it seems to be working! :)

Haha the joys of being tall. I'm with you on that one!
I'm five ten and when I was a sixteen people didn't believe me, and now I'm a 10/12 they still don't! They think I'm smaller because of my height.
Good luck on your journey, CCing is a great way to lose weight and it deffo worked for me!
It's more of a lifestyle change really, as I still count everything and it seems to be working! :)

That's great! I only dream of being that size! Hopefully it will happen!

Did you excercise too during your weight loss? And how many calories did you allow yourself? I'm thinking 1200 because that seems to be the common amount for CC!

Most of us use a website called My Fitness Pal. Just Google it. Or I think there's a link in my signature. You put in your height and weight and stuff and it figures out how many calories you should have. And you can use it to easily keep track of how many cals you've had too :)

just_angie said:
That's great! I only dream of being that size! Hopefully it will happen!

Did you excercise too during your weight loss? And how many calories did you allow yourself? I'm thinking 1200 because that seems to be the common amount for CC!

If you count calories it will happen!
I did exercise two or three times a week( mainly body combat which I love).
When I decided to count calories my weight had stuck at 11 stone after my losing a stone and a bit, so I used MFP and it calculated me at 1200 a day. I lost half a stone within about 5 weeks of doing this and reached my target of 146lbs.
However, I'm now 141 as MFP set my maintenance calories too low at 1950, so I'm bumping them up a bit as I don't want to lose any more!
You'd be amazed at the amount you can eat for 1200 cals, especially if you exercise!
:-D

Breakfast: melon & raspberry smoothie and a cup of green tea - 153 calories.

I've signed up to MFP and my daily allowance is 1280! I'm excited, I'm really motivated this time...I've tried SW in the past but never really got into it, I did CC in school for about 2 months and did lose weight - along with going to the gym, so I know it will come off!

I'm going to Croatia for 5 days at the end of September so would love to lose 10lbs by then - MFP thinks I can lose 10lbs by 8th sept, so hopefully by the 22nd it will be off!

I'm sure it will be :) there's a thread somewhere with our MFP id's on so you can add everyone :) it's nice to get a well done when your logging all those lovely losses!! I'm legomom81 on there.

Hi hun and welcome,

You look fab in your photo, you have such a pretty face and blue is definitley your colour!! :)

You are definitley in the right place if you are wanting to loose weight and get support. I would highly reccomend MFP. My name is the same as on here if you want to add me.

Good luck hun :)

I've added you all :)

I'm angienofrills on there - turned out I had an account on there I think from my old iphone - but it's being sorted by the insurance company now so when i get it back it looks like that will be really handy!

I made a lovely soup for lunch - lentils, carrot, celery, leek, onions & spinach - only 232 calories per bowl (I hope my calculations are correct!).

Also - I was guessing my weight from last time I weighed but dug out the scales today and I was actually 15.2!! Even more reason to motivate me into losing weight!!

Soup sounds lovely. Recipe please???? :D

It was really nice - and tasty!!

Green lentils - cover in cold water and bring to the boil then leave to steam on a low heat for 25 mins - (I had lentil salad yesterday so had these already sitting in the fridge!)

Chop 1 white onion, 1 celery stick, 1 clove garlic, 1 leek and 2/3 carrots and gently fry them in 1 tbsp olive oil.

Dissolve 1 Knorr stock pot in 500ml of water (these stock pots are amazing!! and only 6 cals each)

Add the stock water and lentils and a few bay leaves and leave to simmer for 30 mins or so.

Then add a handful of fresh spinach and stir and let it wilt...and add salt and pepper to taste.

I put this all in a blender because I'm trying to turn my parents into liking lentils :D it is really yummy this way but is lovely left chunky too!

I had a bowl and a glass of water and was really full - and all for less than 250 cals!!

Lentils are on my shopping list now. Recipe looks nice and easy, thanks hun. Can't wait to try it. :)

End of first day at: 1020 cals - this is a little lower than my recommended intake buttt I'm full and I've eaten lots of fruit and veggies today!

Ended the day with a lovely sweet potato, spinach & chick pea curry with brown rice which came to 632 cals!

Feeling positive, I can do this!

Back