Finding it all so hard...

Julianne_julz

Bears dont dig on dancin'
I'm in week 2 of my fresh SW attempt... It all went downhill Friday night... :( I ate a few naughty things, and yesterday OH bought take-away pizza. Me and my LO have a really nasty cold, I'm feeling so rough today. Just didn't have the energy to get up and cook, and OH just ordered one online and told me that's we're having :( Ugh, I think I've ruined my second week :'( I've got today and tomorrow to get it back on track before WI on Tuesday. I feel so bad now for going off plan :( I don't know why I suddenly am finding it so hard... maybe the stress of moving house in 12days, who knows... Rant over, needed to vent xx

Sometimes life just gets in the way mate! You're ill, which is not a great state to be in for motivation, plus all your other stuff. It's understandable!

Give yourself a break. Don't worry about it. Get better, get your head back in the zone, do some planning and hunting online for meal inspiration, call your leader or chat to her at your next class and she might give you some coping strategies. Could be wise to think about just maintaining for a couple of weeks til you're right again and have time to focus.

But I do think you should pull it back as best you can soon, because otherwise you're just going to be upset about your food/weight and that will make you feel worse overall, and we don't want that!

*hugs*

Thanks :) I'm going it alone, don't go to groups. Got so much going on in Oct it's unreal!!

1st -get new house keys!!
9th-move in!
15th- LO is staying at his Grandmas overnight for the first time, and I get my first night off in 16months!
18th-22nd-OH away with work

OH's Mum has got a knee op, and his Nan has to have a heart valve replaced. Also LO is going to start nursery which I am not looking forward to!! Eek! So as you can see, stress level is off the chart... lol.

I'm going to try my best. That's all I can do. Thanks for your reply.xx

Honey with that much stress it's not surprising you can't focus. Your brain is already full !! try getting lots of fruit and vegetables in even when you haven't eaten well. That way you will still help your immune system and help fill you up a bit more so maybe you won't eat as much of the not so good food. Remebr each day is a new day and you can't change the past but you are in control of the here and now. Good luck and take good care of your self.xx

Firstly take a deep breath! Bless you sounds like you have a lot on your plate at the mo but sometimes these things happen! Dont worry about your blip on friday im sure if you have been good the rest of the week you will still have a loss.

Well done for getting back on track you still have a couple of days to pull it round. Good luck for Wi on tuesday xx

Thanks everyone. Yesterday I went a little over but now all the bad food is gone out of the house so unless I binge on cheese I will be fine! Lol. Lastnight I ordered a pair of size 14 skinny jeans. I've always wanted to wear them but being a size 16 now I still feel a little too big... they will arrive tomorrow... wi day, and are a big incentive for me to get in them!! I've bought a new pair of flat. Ankle boots too and am keeping them to go with my new jeans. I'm feeling much better and am off to browse for new recipes :) xx

Sorry to hear you've got so much going on at the mo. Stress is one of those things that normally sends me straight into the takeaway menus! ;)

If you are feeling rubbish and just don't have the energy to cook, how about finding some low syn ready meal options and get some frozen steam bags of veg so that you can easily make a quick meal that isn't high syn but doesn't really take any energy to do?

I know I have times when I am so exhausted I just can't face making something 'real'!

I'd get some cooked chicken, baked beans, big potatoes (to just chuck in the micro!) tinned fish (to have on toast) etc
Egg and beans on toast is one of those 'I just can't be bothered' meals I make ;)

I'm not sure what ready meals are ok syn wise - but someone else might have suggestions.

But don't fret, you've got loads on at the moment - don't go crazily off plan, but don't beat yourself up at your WI. As Hellie said, sometimes life gets in the way! x

Sorry you've got so much going on and a cold on top of it all.

A quick grab lifesaver for me is a big pan of soup. All veggies or chicken and veg made with a veggie oxo cube (1syn for all of it) and just make a big fat pan of it. Take out what you need and bung it in the microwave for when you're hungry but can't be bothered to actually cook anything. You can eat the whole panfull if you really want to :)

Hope you feel better soon.

I think I might buy a slow cooker, I've been thinking about it for ages! I make curries and want to start making soups, stews etc. Thanks for the suggestions! Most days I'm too tired to cook, getting up at 5am every day is tiring in itself without everything else :| I'm going to wi tomorrow morning and just go through the motions, not take much notice. It is what it is. I'm back on track and I know next wi will be a good'n!! :) ...and now I want soup! Lol xx

woohoo, glad they came early. Now, get that slow cooker, you won't regret it. I use mine all the time for soups, stews etc. I even cook a pork joint or a full chicken in it. Tastes yummy. Once you've got it and start using it for all that cooking you'll be in those jeans in no time!

Back