Finding it hard to get back on track...

BrittW

Timelord
I came off plan on Christmas Eve with every intention of going back on after Boxing Day...

But i can't seem to get my act together.

I go back to work on Monday and am hoping to restore some normality after then. I'm hoping the schedule will kick me back into the routine of breakfast, lunch, gym, dinner.

I'm hoping i haven't done too much damage, but i'm fearing the worse, considering how much i've eaten and drank over the festive period. I've got class on wednesday and i hope i've got the courage to go...

Whats the worse that could happen?? A couple of pounds? Half a stone??

You know that it will soon come off if you are dedicated.. worrying about it will only make you feel worse.. we have all done it.. I thought id done 7lbs on and its actually 6lbs so get back to class.. most of the people will be in the same boat :D

dont worry about a gain hun, it might not be as bad as you think...i thought i'd put on at least half a stone and i only put on 3lb ... i think once ur back @ work things will fall into place
xxx

how's curves?

I'm in the same boat! I've had a few weeks off plan and have had a big gain but to be honest it's a good thing as it's the kick up the bum I need. If you've only been off plan for a week or so any damage will be easily sorted when you get back on. It's a funny old time if your not at work - no routine and constantly feeling like you deserve a treat cos its xmas but when you go back to work and reality on monday you will feel more focused. I think for many people the new year won't really start till then. Just relax this weekend but keep the plan on your mind and by monday you'll be ready to go.

That's what I'm hoping anyway!! lol

Good luck. x

I got back on plan today after 2 weeks off and I am finding it really hard too. I have just been used to going to the fridge and eating whatever I like but now I have to think about what I'm eating again. Hopefully when the kids are back at school on Tuesday and my routine gets back to normal, it will become easier.

come on my girl !! kick up the bum time now as we have all had a great chrismas and dont feel guilty its life and its made to be enjoyed ..so what if you have gained ( i gained 5lb) if it went on fast it will come off fast too so get that lovely head in gear and lets all do this ...come on i want to see you on the front of the SW mag ...love and hugs
gilly xxx

Hi brit, i have had about 3ish weeks off and i have stuffed my face and drank lots of alcohol, i though i would have gained about 9lbs but i only gained 3. So what if you have a gain, it is the festive season, a time to enjoy , you are so dedicated normally and keep us all motivated, so just set a date to get back on track and we will be there to help you along. x

i'm goin back to class next tuesday...gulp...know i've gained about 5/6lb.....one thing i know for sure i aint goin to be the only one with a gain............really want to get all the info on the new diet.....:)

Most people will have gained, so what if you have, as long as you have enjoyed yourself that is all that matters!

If you can't eat what you want at Christmas when can you!

I have put on 7lbs, and that is without losing much in the first place. It will all come off and then some, see it as a motivator!

Good luck!

I'm trying to go back on plan from now but it's not really working...
I think from Monday when i'm back at work and going back to the gym it'll be ok.
Got class on Wednesday so i'll let you know the damage...

I'm trying to go back on plan from now but it's not really working...
I think from Monday when i'm back at work and going back to the gym it'll be ok.
Got class on Wednesday so i'll let you know the damage...

Between now and Monday will give you a chance to get your head back in place!

A lot of our members old and new are talking about Monday as a good day to start so you will have plenty of company!

I find it helpful after abreak to do a new ticker...you can leave your old one there along with it.

Good too, to renew your goals, photos and body measurements and ask where do you see yourself in a few months time from here.

All the best for a slimmer 2009!

Love Mini xxx

I'm having trouble too!
I stayed on plan right up until Christmas day and then gave myself 'permission' to have Christmas and Boxing day off.
Then I gave myself the next day off too....then the next, then the next........!
I have tried getting back on plan and for about 3 days I was good all day and then just went berserk with the left over goodies in the evening.
I feel horrible! I feel bloated and tired and I feel, to be honest, that it wasn't really worth it!
According to my scales I have gained about 8lbs and I have weigh in on Monday......maybe thats what will jolt me back to plan.
I am going on holiday in 6 weeks time and I really want to shift some more weight by then.

The thing to do is to get rid of all the stuff you shouldn't have. I can't control myself when there's snacky and bad stuff around, so I just get rid of it. Then I made a shopping list from the current issue of the magazine and got cooking straight away and loaded my fridge with soup and meals, ready to roll. And loads of fruit and SW snacks (like alpen light bars, etc). It's the only way... and as soon as you start to feel the post-crimbo bloating going down, your motivation will spark into life again... :)

The thing to do is to get rid of all the stuff you shouldn't have. I can't control myself when there's snacky and bad stuff around, so I just get rid of it. Then I made a shopping list from the current issue of the magazine and got cooking straight away and loaded my fridge with soup and meals, ready to roll. And loads of fruit and SW snacks (like alpen light bars, etc). It's the only way... and as soon as you start to feel the post-crimbo bloating going down, your motivation will spark into life again... :)

You are so right! I'm not in least bit tempted when I don't have naughty food in the house but when its there, I just can't resist.
We had some friends round last night for drinks and nibbles so I've got rid of the last of the Christmas food now.

I've got rid of everything lol.
I've now got 3 satsumas, a few slices of wholemeal bread and 2 eggs in the fridge until i go shopping tomorrow.

I will get back into it, just need a kick up the bum xx

Back