Finding it hard to stay motivated

Flux

I've hit a plateau. I need to motivate myself to break through it but finding it almost impossible to focus and remain strong. I suffer from depression and this time of the year is always worse with going darker sooner. It doesn't help that I'm not working at the moment either, so I have started volunteering, hoping that a change of scenery will improve my mood. Apathy's certainly throwing a big spanner into my getting under 200lb by Christmas plans.

Anyone have any good motivational tips that work?

This might sound daft, but I've bought myself a bracelet with a wishbone on it. When I feel less motivated/like 'cheating', it being on my right wrist pulls me back into check because I know what I eventually want to achieve.

Have you thought about getting a SAD lamp too?

I find this time of year really difficult, I have been maintaining but my constant desire for Christmas goodies has stopped any further losses. I am trying to up my exercising and giving myself a treat a day but not sure if it will help. perhaps bring easier on yourself and just maintaining until after Christmas .. Then go in refreshed and renewed.

I am not sure about if it would work as motivation for you but the gym helps me I Zumba, swim, belly dance and yoga and all that seems to stop the winter depression getting overwhelming. Trying to keep moving doing something fun is helpful and the ladies at my classes are a real giggle.

I've hit a plateau. I need to motivate myself to break through it but finding it almost impossible to focus and remain strong. I suffer from depression and this time of the year is always worse with going darker sooner. It doesn't help that I'm not working at the moment either, so I have started volunteering, hoping that a change of scenery will improve my mood. Apathy's certainly throwing a big spanner into my getting under 200lb by Christmas plans.

Anyone have any good motivational tips that work?

I think most people find it difficult at this time of the year Flux especially with the added Christmas stress and the colder weather ensuing. I suffer with bad depression too so I do well understand your feelings.
Good for you for volunteering as that will help towards keeping you active and your mind on other things.
I find that spending time planning my daily intake and logging it so I know what my menus are for the day helps me a lot and there are various sites that help in doing that.
Tanya's suggestions are good but if you're not working the price could present a problem but never-the-less keeping as active and as busy as possible will all help you.
Take care and hope the blues don't get at you too much.

Back