Finding it so hard

claire2010

Finding this diet so hard trying to do this and stop smoking at the same time! Feel starving today and feel like giving up. Been looking on the low carb megastore was thinking of ordering a couple of things from there or is that a mistake? Thanks

claire2010 said:
Finding this diet so hard trying to do this and stop smoking at the same time! Feel starving today and feel like giving up. Been looking on the low carb megastore was thinking of ordering a couple of things from there or is that a mistake? Thanks

How long have you been following s&s?

Since last week says I am in ketosis but don't have a funny taste in my mouth and starving I have done a vlcd before and when I was in ketosis I had a funny taste in my mouth n was not hungry

claire2010 said:
Since last week says I am in ketosis but don't have a funny taste in my mouth and starving I have done a vlcd before and when I was in ketosis I had a funny taste in my mouth n was not hungry

Have you been drinking enough water? Is there anything that you've been eating/drinking that could be keeping you out of ketosis! As you shouldn't be still 'starving' after a week :(

Hey hun

Wondering if ant hidden carbs?? Sauces, drinks,too much milk or mints?? These things could make you feel hungry

Stick with it, promise it gets easier x

I drink about two litres a day sometimes more. I have only had my packs and the veg that we are allowed. Feel so fed up today. Does everyone get a funny taste in there mouth when they are in ketosis?

nope I haven't had any of the symptoms at all

claire2010 said:
I drink about two litres a day sometimes more. I have only had my packs and the veg that we are allowed. Feel so fed up today. Does everyone get a funny taste in there mouth when they are in ketosis?

Me neither, but I certainly didnt feel hungry after the first few days! I think you may need to drink more water, especially in this heat :)

Hmm it is odd on four packs. I still feel hungry just not ravenous, nothing a litre of water dosent kill.

Make sure your gettin plenty of fluid hun. Know its hard when your being 100%

Maybe see if you can stick to the packs alone for the next few days. That was the S&S advice to someone was was having an equal struggle in their first week. She cut out the milk / veg for a few days and brought them back in slowly. She's still on plan 12 weeks later. I'd resist the LCMS if I were you as that's setting your head up to go off plan.

Sorry to hear you're still feeling hungry. I think extra water will help but from what you've said I think the issue could be giving up smoking at the same time. Nicotine is an appetite suppressant and starting a vlcd along with stopping the fags could make your first few weeks hard to handle. Keep with it though, it will get easier!

And re the funny taste in mouth, I got that with Atkins but don't get it with the S&S diet.

Drunk over two litres already today. Yeah stopping smoking is hard I have one of those electronic fags. This is the worst I have felt today. So tempted to eat. Has anyone ever tried anything of low carb megastore? Thanks :)

I'm starting Wednesday Clair and stopping smoking with an ecig too. Stick with you've done amazing so far. It's probably stopping smoking that's making you hungry. Look online for low carb megastore. :)

What LCMS things do you want to have? The minute you start adding things in you won't really be doing a VLCD however.

Been stopped for over a week now. And struggled everyday but really having a bad day today. How much do you to lose? Have u done a diet like this before?

I would definitely stay away from anything like bread as you'll just crave things like that more and more. You can have those zero calorie / carb noodles (some recent threads have info on them) but I have to admit I've never tried them. Think you need to try to grin and bear it for the next week. It's hard but you really have to get through it to get into the right mindset otherwise cheating becomes the norm from the get go and you'll just feel bad that you have been relatively strict and haven't lost what you expected.

have you tried drinking sparkling water or coke zero? i find that the fizz makes me feel really full for ages, so much so that i sometimes struggle to eat my 4th pack in a day. make sure you are still drinking 2-3l of water in addition to the any fizzy soft drinks though.

Claire I just tried to send you a private message about giving up smoking
but you have chosen not to receive them
if you have clicked that box by accident please change it so I can contact you

Back