Finger Buffet.. Help me make the right choices please!

wifey_to_be

Hey :) hope everyones well and in the christmas spirit :) my fiance is in the raf n im off down to his base tomoro for their christmas do.. And its a finger buffet.. Can anyone advise me what to avoid? And what isnt too bad? I know pickled onions are free, not sure about what else to indulge on??
thanks in advance xx

Avoid anything with pastry as its the devil, also sandwiches are quite high, if there's not much choice wholemeal sandwiches with meat in would be the better options. If they have any salad or carrot sticks ect. they would also be a great choice.

Enjoy it though and have a couple of treats, just try not to go crazy. buffets can be hard unless someone doing slimming world has helped provide them

Avoid anything with pastry as its the devil, also sandwiches are quite high, if there's not much choice wholemeal sandwiches with meat in would be the better options. If they have any salad or carrot sticks ect. they would also be a great choice.

Enjoy it though and have a couple of treats, just try not to go crazy. buffets can be hard unless someone doing slimming world has helped provide them

Thanks hun. Yeah im hoping there may be salad and rice etc too so could maybe fill up on these and have the odd treat :)iv kind of forgotten what is served at finger buffets lol ive avoided them for so long x

I know me too, that's why I couldn't think of much that you could have, all I could think of were the bad things. Hopefully there will be lots of cold meat as well, and pasta dishes won't be too bad as long as they're tomato and not cheese based

I know me too, that's why I couldn't think of much that you could have, all I could think of were the bad things. Hopefully there will be lots of cold meat as well, and pasta dishes won't be too bad as long as they're tomato and not cheese based

Oh i hadnt thought about cold meats etc.. Just hope i dont go overboard as no doubt i will with alcohol as I wont know anyone :/ thanks again hun x

I don't really get the link between going overboard with alcohol and not knowing anyone, but anyway . . . The thing about a buffet is that you get to choose what goes onto your plate - no-one else has put it there for you. I went to a lunch buffet today - it was a bit of an odd mixture as everyone had brought things (I took the opportunity of getting rid of some chocolate biscuits that some "kind" soul had given me!). Someone had brought sliced carrot, celery and cucumber to go with dips, so I just ignored the dips and ate lots of the vegetables. I did have one sausage roll, because it was home-made and looked delicious (and it was, so it was worth it). Everything else was smothered in mayonnaise, which I think is the invention of the devil, so I was able to ignore all that.And I used my usual trick of talking a lot, which naturally limits the amount you can eat!

Back