Finger Food

Ok can anyone help me out

It is my daughter's birthday the weekend and on Sunday we are just having the family over for a tea party type thing. I want to stick to my SW as much as possible.

I am going to do finger food (hot & cold) so need lots of ideas

All I can think of so far is Quiche.

So any ideas & receipes please

wendyk2004 said:
Ok can anyone help me out

It is my daughter's birthday the weekend and on Sunday we are just having the family over for a tea party type thing. I want to stick to my SW as much as possible.

I am going to do finger food (hot & cold) so need lots of ideas

All I can think of so far is Quiche.

So any ideas & receipes please

This may not help but their used to be a recipe for mackerel or tuna pâté, I have posted a thread to see if anybody has the recipe coz I can t remember it hth x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Hi I'm not sure if this will help but their used to be a recipe for mackerel or tuna pâté, I have posted a thread to see if anybody has the recipe as iv forgotten it! Hth x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Here are 3 ideas, hope they give you some ideas!

Pete’s Vegetable Samosas

Veg Samosas (makes 36) (1syn each)

1/2tsp garam masala
1/2tsp chilli powder
1/2tsp turmeric
1/2tsp cumin
1/2tsp hot madras curry powder
1/2tsp garlic salt
1tsp Amchoor powder
1tsp ground coriander
1 onion, finely chopped (s)(sff)
6 Jus Rol Filo pastry sheets (each sheet is 6 syns but is cut into 6=1 syn)
4 medium potatoes, peeled, cooked & mashed (ff)
110g frozen peas (ss)(ff)
1 red chilli, deseeded & chopped (s)(sff)

In a microwave cook the peas for 5 mins, set aside. In a frying pan sprayed with Fry Light cook the curry powder, Amchoor, chilli powder, turmeric, cumin, curry powder, garlic salt, coriander, onion, potatoes & peas and stir-fry for 5 mins.
Remove from the heat and add the red chilli, garam masala, season well and set aside.
Heat the oven to 180c; line a baking tray with baking parchment. Working quickly, place six filo sheets on top of each other and cut in half, then cut each half into three strips lengthways giving you 36 pieces, lay out and spray with Fry Light, place a spoonful of the mixture at the bottom of the strip and fold diagonally to enclose the ingredients and form a triangle, press down and fold again until you reach the end, seal the edge down with a pastry brush dipped in water. Repeat until all 36 are made.
Place on a tray and spray with Fry Light and bake for 12-13 mins or until golden in colour, serve while warm.

Samosas-2Small.jpg

Pete’s Pukka Pakoras

Ingredients

1 Red Onion, finely chopped (s)(sff)
1 Egg (ff)
125g Instant Mash
½ cup frozen peas (ss)(ff)
1tsp turmeric
1tsp chilli powder
1tsp garam masala
1tsp cumin
2tbsp hot curry powder

Method

Pre heat the oven to 200°C/Gas 6.
Tip 125g of Instant Mash into a mixing bowl, add the spices, egg & mix together, add the peas & onion, season with salt & pepper, add hot water and mix to a slightly loose mix.
Stand for 2 mins add more water if now too stiff.

Line a baking tray/wire rack with baking paper to prevent sticking, using two tablespoons form” small scone” size amounts and place on the tray.

Spray with Fry Light and bake for approximately 15 mins, remove from the oven, turn them over.

Spray again with Fry Light and return to the oven for a further 10-15 mins until browned, remove & leave on a wire rack, allow to cool.

Allow to cool slightly so that the pakoras firm up.

XmasPakorasSmall.jpg

Pete’s Turkey Twizzlers

2 Turkey Breast portions (ff)
1tsp mixed herbs
1tsp Knorr Aromat
2 slices of wholemeal bread
¼ tsp Paprika
Pepper
2 eggs (ff)
Greaseproof paper to cover an oven tray

Place two slices from a 400g wholemeal loaf into the microwave and cook for 2-3 minutes, remove and allow to cool.
When breadcrumbs are cold place into a mini grinder with the herbs, paprika & Aromat and season with Pepper grind to a fine powder, place in a medium size dish.

Break the two eggs into a small dish.
Set oven to 180c

Cut the Turkey into strips.
Dip the turkey into the egg, and then the breadcrumbs mix, then place on tray, repeats until all are done.
Place in oven and when they are browned, turn over and repeat.

Serve with salad.

Knorr Aromat 90g tub

1 teaspoon:

Kcal =8.05
Carbs =0.75
Sugar =0.40
Fat =0.18
Sat fat =0.09
Sodium =1.17
Salt based
On Sodium=2.90

TurkeyTwizzlers-2.jpg