Fire!!!

scobbiemum

:mad::mad: Just suffered a bit of a disaster! Whilst cooking DHs tea, I closed the grill down without turning off the grill!! Result was 2 fire engines, 8 firemen :)cool:) and one knackered cooker!!!:jelous:.

I know it could have been so much worse but I am completely mortified :wave_cry: and at the moment actually very hungry! I've farmed the kids out to their nans, DH had his tea but I cant cook!

Anybody suggest a low syn option from a carry out? I'll eat anything!!

On the upside, I had my first weigh in today and have lost 6 pounds! So even though things are a wee bit rough just now I kinda want to stay on the wagon!

Cheers
Jill

Oh huney what a scunner! (were the firemen nice? ;))

But nearly missed your SIX POUND WEIGHTLOSS!:happy036:Well done!

Now a take away!Chicken tikka? (not the masala type) Or some cooked meats and salad? Have you a microwave? Then you could do baked potato, or scrambled egg? With beans?

OOOOOOh i might have to try that one day! i love fire men! lol you could try a chicken shish kebab with salad but without the pitta bread then its all free! x

Your thread made me LOL - not in a nasty way but in a 'sounds like something I'd do way'!

Downside - no dinner (yet) and smokey house

Upside - carry out (yay) and hunky (?) firemen

Hope you're ok!?! xxx

Oh my gosh, thank goodness it was only the cooker that was hurt....must have been frightening for you too.

Well done on your 6lbs weight loss, that's excellent. X

LOL bless. Yesterday one of my twins hid a rubber ball in my cooker. No fire engines but black smoke and the melted remains were on fire at the bottom of my new cooker! Not impressed:mad:
Well done on the weight loss:D

Sorry just had to :

A fireman is at the station working outside on the fire engine when he notices a little girl next door. The little girl is in a little red wagon with little ladders hung off the side.

She is wearing a fireman's hat and has the wagon tied to a dog. The fireman says "Hey little girl. What are you doing?" The little girl says "I'm pretending to be a fireman and this is my fire engine!"

The fireman walks over to take a closer look. "Little girl that sure is a nice fire engine!" the fireman says. "Thanks mister", says the little girl. The fireman looks a little closer and notices the little girl has tied the dog to the wagon by it's testicles.

"Little girl", says the fireman, "I don't want to tell you how to run your fire engine, but if you were to tie that rope around the dog's neck I think you could go faster."

The little girl says, "You're probably right mister, but then I wouldn't have a siren!"

Phil x

Thank you everyone for being so nice! We were all fine, needless to say the kids found it very exciting!

As for tea, I settled on a chicken chow mein - very yummy!

Back